An Epic Girl's Trip With Some Joey on the Side...Updated 4/29-COMPLETE

19 Days!!!!

Can you believe we are down to the teens now??? It seems like the planning for this trip started a looooong time ago...I actually booked my resorts last July, if that says anything.

I have my hair appointment booked and my mani/pedi. I think I'm done shopping (but, you never know)...The next task will be packing, which is so daunting...Does anyone else hate packing for a trip?

So many exciting things coming up, so I'm sure these 19 days will fly by...

Wow! I can't believe this trip is coming up for you guys either! I really can't wait to read all of your trip reports! haha the Dis will probably crash once you all get back :rotfl:

I hate packing too. I usually have a small panic attack once I start putting everything in the suitcase because I feel like I'm going to forget something! (which I do to myself because there are so many ears, purses, bags, accessories that I need to bring with me! lol) I have eliminated some of my stress by keeping a list in my notes with a packing list that I go through for every trip but its still just stressful!

Wow! I can't believe this trip is coming up for you guys either! I really can't wait to read all of your trip reports! haha the Dis will probably crash once you all get back

Hee! Hee!

I hate packing too. I usually have a small panic attack once I start putting everything in the suitcase because I feel like I'm going to forget something! (which I do to myself because there are so many ears, purses, bags, accessories that I need to bring with me! lol) I have eliminated some of my stress by keeping a list in my notes with a packing list that I go through for every trip but its still just stressful!

You know what stresses me out about packing???? It's the whole multiple outfits a day thing. For instance, on Wednesday, I will most likely wear a pair of capris with a Disney tee and a sweatshirt because it's travel day (planes are always cold and Illinois weather is always so unpredictable). Then, since I know we are spending the evening in DS, I will need to change into a cute dress and sandals. I always pack a few spare outfits too for those just in case moments...Sigh. I know I tend to overpack, but I'd rather be over prepared than under prepared...8-)

19 Days!!!!

Can you believe we are down to the teens now??? It seems like the planning for this trip started a looooong time ago...I actually booked my resorts last July, if that says anything.

I have my hair appointment booked and my mani/pedi. I think I'm done shopping (but, you never know)...The next task will be packing, which is so daunting...Does anyone else hate packing for a trip?

So many exciting things coming up, so I'm sure these 19 days will fly by...
My clothes are all laid out on the spare bed and I'm ready to start getting them in their assembled bags... It's always a process, but glad I start early!

I have my appts all lined up too, so down to those last minute preps. Soo close!

As usual I'm trying to catch up on everyone's TR's. I hope someone will be semi-live reporting your epic trip because I so wish I could be there!!

We will be taking a ton of pics and I will write a fully detailed TR (although some things that happen in Disney, stay in Disney)...:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I have my hair appointment booked and my mani/pedi. I think I'm done shopping (but, you never know).
Hair on the 20th for me :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 And while I didn't plan on getting too many new clothes I've gotten stuff from Disney, Her Universe, and a Hot Topic order will be here any day :rolleyes1 I also need new sneakers! Went looking today but no luck so a good excuse to go shopping again lol.
Love the Robin Hood shirt!

I cannot believe it is so close. Time is thankfully flying by.

Hoping I can get a pedicure in, but sadly no chance my hair can get done before we leave. It will be a trip of dark roots and split ends for me :-)

Hair on the 20th for me :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 And while I didn't plan on getting too many new clothes I've gotten stuff from Disney, Her Universe, and a Hot Topic order will be here any day :rolleyes1 I also need new sneakers! Went looking today but no luck so a good excuse to go shopping again lol.
Love the Robin Hood shirt!

We will be stylin'!!! You need to tell me what you bought from Hot Topic. They always have the cutest Disney stuff...Ok, so I may have ordered another pair of Sketchers because I started worrying that my Mickey Vans may give me blisters...I'm still bringing them, but I may not wear them on the days we are in the parks for hours and hours and hours...

Now I have to find Robin Hood and get my pic with him!!!! I was looking through some old photo albums last night and I last got a pic with him in 1986!!!! I'm so freaking old!!! I had a mullet haircut. YIKES!

Just an FYI...

Remember how I told you a couple of posts ago that I would probably wear capris on the plane and change into a sundress when I got to Disney because the weather here is so unpredictable??? Well, this morning I literally woke up to this...

D6B7F777-F1CD-45CE-B29F-A3F1C972B013.jpeg

We are expected to get 2-4". But, on Tuesday, the high is 70. Go figure...

Last edited:
Lol, that's how the weather has been in NH lately. It's been consistently warm, it was super humid yesterday, but then a day or two before it snowed. Global warming is quite real.

I’m all caught up, such a cute clue with Gia, how aswesome is your sister and family for doing this!

I hate packing and I am a super organized person in my everyday life, packing not fun! I have bought some new outfits and maxi dresses for this trip. I am always in super casual clothes with Andi on our trips!

Do I know unpredictable weather, we were in the 50’s on Tuesday and then we got 12” of snow Thursday into Friday, yuck! Our snow was all gone now it’s back.

We are sunny today and hopefully no more snow for now! I’m sick of winter except for GOT winter!!

I hate packing and I am a super organized person in my everyday life, packing not fun! I have bought some new outfits and maxi dresses for this trip. I am always in super casual clothes with Andi on our trips!

I love that we have all these adult events booked, like dinner at O'Hana and Brunch at the Top!!!! It will be nice to dress up a few times...

Do I know unpredictable weather, we were in the 50’s on Tuesday and then we got 12” of snow Thursday into Friday, yuck! Our snow was all gone now it’s back.

We are sunny today and hopefully no more snow for now! I’m sick of winter except for GOT winter!!

12" makes me nauseous...

You know what stresses me out about packing???? It's the whole multiple outfits a day thing. For instance, on Wednesday, I will most likely wear a pair of capris with a Disney tee and a sweatshirt because it's travel day (planes are always cold and Illinois weather is always so unpredictable). Then, since I know we are spending the evening in DS, I will need to change into a cute dress and sandals. I always pack a few spare outfits too for those just in case moments...Sigh. I know I tend to overpack, but I'd rather be over prepared than under prepared...8-)

I know exactly what you mean! I actually have started packing by outfit lol I will start from the last day of the trip and work my way forward keeping each events outfit in order and then putting any outfit options with it. It's actually worked out pretty well the last few trips! It also helps me figure out what accessories I need for each outfit.

Your weather sounds like Buffalo. We haven't had snow this weekend but it has been COLD. And super rainy which is almost worse than snow. At least your trip will be here soon!

I know exactly what you mean! I actually have started packing by outfit lol I will start from the last day of the trip and work my way forward keeping each events outfit in order and then putting any outfit options with it. It's actually worked out pretty well the last few trips! It also helps me figure out what accessories I need for each outfit.

I actually do this same thing but I start with the first day of vaca and work my way to the last. It's still so stressful...:D

2 Weeks to go...

We are almost there, just 14 days to go. I have all my outfits planned. I just need to pack them. I also ordered a new pair of Sketchers just in case my Mickey Vans hurt my feet...I have a few pairs of Sketchers already and they are all very comfortable, and most importantly, don't give me blisters. Now, I'm working on accessories...Does anyone ever bring more than one purse to Disney?

I'm really hoping the AP process goes smoothly. I'm not the most patient person sometimes, and long lines really bother me, and CM's who don't know what they are doing will stress me out. Has anyone had a good, smooth experience upgrading to AP's???? Reassurance would be great about now!!!:daisy:To upgrade both Joe and me will be close to $1000. from what we figured. So, if I'm going to hand Disney that much cash, I'd like the transaction to go well...

I think the next 2 weeks will fly by. My parents are moving into a new house (right around the corner from me):P My family room furniture is either being delivered Friday or a week from Monday (depending on my schedule). Easter is Sunday. My hair cut and color is Monday. I have 2 days left at work this week and 4 days next week. Joe's cousin is coming down from Canada to visit us next weekend. And, I get mt 3rd Birthday clue on Friday...

I hope everyone has a great Easter!!!:flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter