An Epic Girl's Trip With Some Joey on the Side...Updated 4/29-COMPLETE

So exciting that all the plans are coming together! I really wish I could have joined you all but will enjoy reading all about it!

I have a few pairs of Sketchers already and they are all very comfortable, and most importantly, don't give me blisters. Now, I'm working on accessories...Does anyone ever bring more than one purse to Disney?
Let me know what kind of Skechers you get....I am looking for some new shoes for my trip in July. I always take 3-4 purses to Disney. My park bag is my D&B sketch backpack, then I usually take a couple of cross body bags and a few wristlets. I never know what I'll want to use.
Reassurance would be great about now!!!:daisy:To upgrade both Joe and me will be close to $1000. from what we figured. So, if I'm going to hand Disney that much cash, I'd like the transaction to go well...
I upgraded mine at the Guest Services window at Epcot and the whole process took about 10 minutes. I had absolutely no issues. Hope things go smoothly for you too!

I think the next 2 weeks will fly by. My parents are moving into a new house (right around the corner from me):P My family room furniture is either being delivered Friday or a week from Monday (depending on my schedule). Easter is Sunday. My hair cut and color is Monday. I have 2 days left at work this week and 4 days next week. Joe's cousin is coming down from Canada to visit us next weekend. And, I get mt 3rd Birthday clue on Friday...
So busy! But fun and exciting! :)

I hope everyone has a great Easter!!!:flower1:
Happy Easter to you too!

I definitely bring more than one purse! haha I would say one whole half of my suitcase is ears, purses and other accessories!

Hopefully your AP upgrade process will go smoothly! I think most issues come up when people are trying to get multiple purchased tickets used as vouchers for one AP. If you are just upgrading one ticket to an AP you shouldn't have any problems!

Happy Easter!

I can't believe it is getting so close. I've done nothing to prepare and likely won't have time to, but figure as long as I have some clothes, underwear, and all of you what else do I need :-)

We've had varying experiences upgrading our tickets so I think its subjective. Best was at Epcot at the International Gateway as there were no lines and a very good cast member. Animal Kingdom was the worst (cast member was new and had no idea what he was doing) and MGM was fine but the wait to be seen was long.

I can't wait!!! Seems like we all started planning this trip ages ago!

My Hot Topic stuff came Tuesday but I haven't yet had a chance to try it all on, we've been so busy. No idea what I'm packing/wearing. Just added Steve to my reservation today lol. Absolutely less idea what I need to pack for my cruise two days after our EPIC trip! Haven't finished shopping for Easter so let's say I'm probably the least organized EPIC lady at this point :thumbsup2

Yay! I am down to 12 days before our Epic trip!

Andi and I upgraded our tickets to AP several years ago and we used the guest service in MK and the cm we had knew what she was doing! I had figured it out down to the penny using Robo’s info on here and she got it exactly to that number! I hope it works out for you and isn’t a big old headache!

I have my outfits planned in my head but I haven’t even thought about packing yet, yuck! I hate packing. I am still trying to decide if I want to check a bag or be super organized and just take a carry on. I probably will spend the money for a checked bag so I have plenty of room for all my stuff!

So close! SOunds like you will be busy leading up to the trip too which make it FLY by!

12 days to go, and yes, I think the time will fly from this point. I'm soooooo excited!!!

I definitely bring more than one purse! haha I would say one whole half of my suitcase is ears, purses and other accessories!

Hopefully your AP upgrade process will go smoothly! I think most issues come up when people are trying to get multiple purchased tickets used as vouchers for one AP. If you are just upgrading one ticket to an AP you shouldn't have any problems!

Happy Easter!

I may need one suitcase for my purses, and accessories, hee, hee!!!
I just don't want to start vaca with having to stand in a looooong line and having to tell the CM what to do. I want to be able to walk in, walk out and be extremely happy that I dropped a grand...o_O

We didn't upgrade tickets but I did have to activate them. We did it at EPCOT with no issues.

That's good to hear. After I upgrade them to AP's, do I still have to activate them in a park????

I can't wait!!! Seems like we all started planning this trip ages ago!

My Hot Topic stuff came Tuesday but I haven't yet had a chance to try it all on, we've been so busy. No idea what I'm packing/wearing. Just added Steve to my reservation today lol. Absolutely less idea what I need to pack for my cruise two days after our EPIC trip! Haven't finished shopping for Easter so let's say I'm probably the least organized EPIC lady at this point :thumbsup2

That's right, you have the cruise!!! How exciting!!
I actually just finished shopping for Easter last night after work...My adult kids want to do an egg hunt, so I was scrambling to find plastic eggs with things to fill them with...Sigh.

We've had varying experiences upgrading our tickets so I think its subjective. Best was at Epcot at the International Gateway as there were no lines and a very good cast member. Animal Kingdom was the worst (cast member was new and had no idea what he was doing) and MGM was fine but the wait to be seen was long

That's what I'm afraid of. We're going to do it in DS...Maybe we should consume some alcohol first...:D

Andi and I upgraded our tickets to AP several years ago and we used the guest service in MK and the cm we had knew what she was doing! I had figured it out down to the penny using Robo’s info on here and she got it exactly to that number! I hope it works out for you and isn’t a big old headache!

This is very reassuring!!!!:flower3:

Hi Jenny!

How exciting you are upgrading to APs! I just did mine in April and it was super easy. I did it at DHS the morning we went to EMM, so it was like 7am and we had no issues. Good luck!

I love how your sister is planning your surprise birthday trip! I have recently joined that special club myself…it's not as bad as I thought it might be. And doesn't going to WDW keep us young at heart anyway? :love:

See you in a couple weeks!

My adult kids want to do an egg hunt, so I was scrambling to find plastic eggs with things to fill them with...Sigh.
Ha that's adorable, kind of wish my boys wanted to! Furniture looks great :)

Just remember if you have trouble with the first CM when upgrading, ask for a manager. Nine times out of 10 it's easy! I will probably have issues because of my discount ticket and because 9 times out of 10 TA's do lol but you'll be fine!

Absolutely less idea what I need to pack for my cruise two days after our EPIC trip! Haven't finished shopping for Easter so let's say I'm probably the least organized EPIC lady at this point :thumbsup2
Never fear I'm always here to lower the bar. I've bought nothing and thought of nothing for the trip and haven't even bought the kiddo Easter candy yet!

035ad991-68b6-4bb8-8ee5-ab7469bde591-jpeg.395418
This looks great and would totally match my house so feel free to send it down south :-)

How exciting you are upgrading to APs! I just did mine in April and it was super easy. I did it at DHS the morning we went to EMM, so it was like 7am and we had no issues. Good luck!

That's so good to hear!!!

I love how your sister is planning your surprise birthday trip! I have recently joined that special club myself…it's not as bad as I thought it might be. And doesn't going to WDW keep us young at heart anyway? :love:

I just got the third clue last night!!! I'm going to share shortly...

See you in a couple weeks!

I cannot wait to see you and spend some time with you!!!:love:

Ha that's adorable

The only reason I'm doing it is because the kid's college had an egg hunt. There were 500 eggs for 1700 students. 3 of those eggs contained tickets for a year of free tuition. Needless to say, the kids and their friends didn't even get 1 egg. Other students cheated, took more than 1 egg, there weren't enough eggs to go around, bah, blah, blah. So, I'm strictly doing it out of guilt. HEE! HEE!

Furniture looks great :)

Thank you! The oversized chair is so comfy that we are seriously thinking about buying a second one...

Just remember if you have trouble with the first CM when upgrading, ask for a manager. Nine times out of 10 it's easy! I will probably have issues because of my discount ticket and because 9 times out of 10 TA's do lol but you'll be fine!

Let's hope it's easy!!!! If it's not, that will set the mood for the night!!!:guilty::guilty::guilty:

This looks great and would totally match my house so feel free to send it down south :-)

You're so sweet!!!!

3Rd Clue! I Know Where I'm Going!!!!!

ABE9EEC4-D7F8-4CF2-BD6C-CB337515E22A.jpeg

So, after 2 nights in Orlando at the Shingle Creek Resort, we will be spending 2 nights at the beautiful, historic, Vinoy in downtown St Pete (Gia will be staying with her dad). It has been a dream of mine to stay here. Joe and I visit the hotel frequently when we are in St. Pete for dinner, drinks, etc, but we have never stayed there...We even took Matt's senior pics at the hotel, because it has beautiful grounds with tons of flowers and fountains. It also sits on Tampa Bay. Downtown St Pete is so small, that you can literally walk around the area because everything is so close and compact. There are awesome restaurants, bars, boutiques, and museums. The Salvatore Dali Museum is one of our favs...

The only downside of this trip is that my sister told me there will be absolutely ZERO Disney (which means I can't see Timmy when he's back at the DCP). She said we won't even have time for DS...I'm really curious about everything she has planned for me...I am totally cool with laying by the pool with cocktails...:P

My mom and I will be flying in and out of Tampa as well...I will definitely add in a TR documenting the entire vaca at some point for those of you who are interested in a non-Disney trip...

Last edited:
So, after 2 nights in Orlando at the Shingle Creek Resort, we will be spending 2 nights at the beautiful, historic, Vinoy in downtown St Pete (Gia will be staying with her dad). It has been a dream of mine to stay here. Joe and I visit the hotel frequently when we are in St. Pete for dinner, drinks, etc, but we have never stayed there...We even took Matt's senior pics at the hotel, because it has beautiful grounds with tons of flowers and fountains. It also sits on Tampa Bay. Downtown St Pete is so small, that you can literally walk around the area because everything is so close and compact. There are awesome restaurants, bars, boutiques, and museums. The Salvatore Dali Museum is one of our favs...

I just looked it up and it looks beautiful! What a great birthday gift!

The only downside of this trip is that my sister told me there will be absolutely ZERO Disney (which means I can't see Timmy when he's back at the DCP)

:sad:

My furniture was just delivered and I have to say...I love it. It turned out GREAT!!!!
It looks wonderful! I love your big windows and all the trees behind your house. You must get so much natural light!

The only reason I'm doing it is because the kid's college had an egg hunt. There were 500 eggs for 1700 students. 3 of those eggs contained tickets for a year of free tuition. Needless to say, the kids and their friends didn't even get 1 egg. Other students cheated, took more than 1 egg, there weren't enough eggs to go around, bah, blah, blah. So, I'm strictly doing it out of guilt. HEE! HEE!
Oh no! There is always that type who think the rules don't apply to them. Are the girls done now? Jack is finished 1st year and is home now for the summer. I am the mama hen with all her chicks in the nest! LOL!

So, after 2 nights in Orlando at the Shingle Creek Resort, we will be spending 2 nights at the beautiful, historic, Vinoy in downtown St Pete
This looks AMAZING!

I just looked it up and it looks beautiful! What a great birthday gift!

I know, right!?!? I'm so excited! This trip was so sweet of my sister and mom and I can't wait to get more deets. I'm still gonna try to talk them into an hour or 2 in DS...

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!

My parents are coming over for dinner around 4 pm. The kids found their baskets and eggs...Joe and I were able to enjoy a leisurely morning drinking our coffee and eating danishes (and laughing at the kids as they went hunting for said baskets and eggs. Hee! Hee!). I already made the peach cake, and in about an hour I will start on the broccoli casserole and the potato casserole. Yum! We are also having a Honey Baked Ham, rolls, mashed potatoes, and green beans.

Quick update...Joe and I have bowed out of dinner at O'Hana. Since we are taking the plunge at becoming AP holders, we decided that we'd like to have a little extra time at the parks...We are thinking Epcot to get in a little extra Flower and Garden eats and drinks...But, never fear, we will make it back to the WL for after dinner drinks at Geyser Point at some time in the evening...Hey, we have to welcome @kastoney who will be arriving this evening!!!!:drinking1party:

I honestly can't believe that I will be doing the single digit dance tomorrow!!! I can't wait to see my old friends and meet new ones!!!! This EPIC trip is going to be sooooooo much fun!:banana::banana::banana:

Happy Easter!

Sounds like your sister has some am amazing plans for you, but No Disney????? Is there anything else to do in Orlando :P

Can't wait to be at Geyser Point with you all in t-minus 12 days. I don't think I've ever been more in need of a vacation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter