An Invasion of a "STRANGER" Kind.... NEW THREAD IS UP!! Go Thee NOW!

All7OfUs

<font color=darkorchid>We too are so very NOT into
Welcome one and all to the continuation of the planning excitement of the “Belle Battalion”! Yep, thanks to Great Biscuit, this enthusiastic 3-Woman Army has a new name! You can call us the B2 Bomber Squadron- because this trip will be THE BOMB!!!

For those of you who are just joining the ranks for the first time, we give you a special :welcome:WELCOME!!! :welcome:Don’t be shy! Initiation isn’t too difficult, just join in by posting a salute and saying howdy. Seriously, lurkers can expect the brig. There’s plenty of fun and games for everyone! For all those who‘ve found a home here already- KEEP IT COMING!! :banana::banana::banana:As always, the command post is open and friendly. Let this be the figurative “Officer’s Club” during the months that follow, as we continue to plot our course, and make our plans. Together we can press on and make this a great place to be!

I think a brief explanation of our title might be helpful. It all began a long time ago- a year ago, in fact, when Soldier #1- that’s me, Liesa- had the idea of forming a tactical unit made up of ladies who are eager to tackle a singular goal:

Simply stated, we plan to conquer and dominate any of life’s obstacles that might stand in the way of our highest victory- Our 8-day luxury vacation at WDW! This ladies’ trip will be a trip to match no other; A Quest for a Week of Freedom; An Invasion of the Disney Kind , so to speak!! And it will all be during one week in September with~~~

Strangers!!!!

Huh?!! Yes, Sirs and Madams, you heard that right! Two of us have never met, and the other 2 of us have only met once. I know that sounds confusing and it is. But rest assured, over the next few weeks we will explain again, how we “met” and decided to do battle together. Many of you may not even know WHO we are, and that will come very soon! But here’s a sneak peek:

(he's not going)

So, what else can you expect over the coming 7 months?? Lots of de-classification of secret plans- from looting the Fields of Victory (souvenirs) to our, as of yet, super-secret Detailed Battle Plans. We’ll also throw in some Battalion Headquarters camouflaging (window decorations), field uniforms, medals of honor that we collect along the way (our bling), and regular updates concerning the all-important Battle of the ADR, as well as the all-consuming quest to transport the troops safely and efficiently to the front lines.

Of course, there are always the everyday battles that we all fight regularly, so there will be fair amount of sharing our joys and struggles, funny moments and defeats, and that’s what makes it worth coming back.
I hereby pledge (my goodness, I sound like I’m campaigning for office, rather than leading a campaign of fighting for a vacation!) to try my best to keep on top of links in the TOC, and make it easy to read. I also promise to respond to every post- that’s what makes the DISBoard Kingdom fun!
If you are still feeling like you need to read all the war room documents released up to now, you can read them all

HERE

Everything is clearly indexed in a tidy little Table of Contents for you. There you can find the very important Constitution Documents, our Tenets of Touring, our Mess Hall choices, the Big Fat WHY we’re doing this, and much, much more.

Next up: Let's Get To Know the Belle Battalion Better- Meet Soldier #1

Let's Meet Soldier #1
Campaign Timing
From Strangers to Friends
Another Ranking Upgrade- The Belle Battalion Colonels
A Soldier's Perks- Pt. 1, Mr. Potato Head
A Soldier's Perks- Pt. 2, Pressed Pennies
A Soldier's Perks- Pt. 3, Mexican Treasures
A Soldier's Perks- Pt. 4, Norwegian Knick-Knacks
A Soldier's Perks- Pt. 5, Peking Picks
Meet Soldier #2
A Soldier's Perks- Pt. 6, A German Gem for Me
The Big News You've All Been Waiting For! Pt. 1
THE Big New You've All Been Waiting For- Pt. II
A Soldier's Perks- Pt. 7, Masquerade Anyone?
A Soldier's Perks- Pt. 8, Stumped in the Good 'Ol USofA
Soldier #1 Pulls the Trigger on Troop Transport
Soldier #1 Pulls the Trigger on Troop Transport, Pt. II
A Review of the Enemies of Soldier #1
A Soldier's Perks- Pt. 9, Pick a Pearl Perk
Preliminary D.C. Meet Planning
A Soldier's Perks- Pt. 10, Al Salaam Alaykum, Souvies!
A Soldier's Perks- Pt. 11, Responde', Souvie Plait!
A Soldier's Perks- Pt. 12, Steeped in Souvies!
A Soldier's Perks- Pt. 13, A Canadian Quadery
Armor Up for ADR Combat!!
Captains Forever?!
ADR Combat- Round #1, Hollywood Brown Derby
ADR Combat- Round 1, The Answer
ADR Combat- Round #2, Rose & Crown
ADR Combat Update- The Battle is Over, But the Game is Just Beginning
ADR Combat- Round #2, The Answer
ADR Combat- Round #3, Trails End
ADR Combat- Round #3, The Answer
ADR Combat- Round 4, 'Ohana
ADR Combat- Round #4, The Answer
ADR Combat- Round #5- Sanaa & Cali Grill
ADR Combat- Round #5, The Answer(s)

Table of Contents Part 2 in Post #2 (right below!!)

Story of my life - always running a close second! :goodvibes I think I checked in to part I then lost you - and I know I read your "Life in Asia" report. Thanks for the reminder to come back! I'm looking forward to how your plans come together, just might not post real often - I'm having a hard time keeping up!;)

Yippee! I'm the first poster!!! :) We're gonna have fun!

Hello, Daughter of Mine! You were only first because you were sitting right beside me! :rolleyes1 Glad you're part of my fun! :goodvibes

Story of my life - always running a close second! :goodvibes I think I checked in to part I then lost you - and I know I read your "Life in Asia" report. Thanks for the reminder to come back! I'm looking forward to how your plans come together, just might not post real often - I'm having a hard time keeping up!;)

You'd have been first for sure, if Bek wasn't sitting right here and helping me edit! ;)

I remember you did post a few times on Pt. 1, and I wondered where you went off to. :confused3 Don't let the speed scare you off!! Mostly it's just me babbling about miso soup, dreaming of Lapus out loud or chattering about how flippin' cold it is here! :lmao:

I'm here!!! Yippeeeeeeee! I made the first page!!!
Things were waaaay to quiet tonight, so I had to come and see if you had made your new page. You sure did! Hee hee.
I have a couple of homeschool questions for you.

OOPS! Forgot my salute! SALUTE!

I'm here!!! Yippeeeeeeee! I made the first page!!!
Things were waaaay to quiet tonight, so I had to come and see if you had made your new page. You sure did! Hee hee.
I have a couple of homeschool questions for you.

OOPS! Forgot my salute! SALUTE!

A GREAT BIG SALUTE BACK AT YA!!

Hip-Hip-Hooray! Camille is here!! :dance3:

Let the party roll!

Yeah, check it out! Only you, Tammie, and Bek have posted, but there's a boatload of views. I suspect there's a whole lot of lurking goin' on. (Shame on YOU!! ;))

Maybe I can call you tonight. We can have another chat. ;)

Liesa I found ya!

Just dropping in before I go freeze outside all day!

I must say that I'm kinda sad your Strangers I is over though.:sad2:

That's a great pic of you and Maroo. I don't think I've seen it before.:confused3

Reporting for duty, and on page 1 too!! Just preparing for a school day with a 2 hour delay. 9:45 is a much more civilized time to start school than 7:45, huh?

Oh yeah, Salute & Howdy! :)

Liesa I found ya!

Just dropping in before I go freeze outside all day!

I must say that I'm kinda sad your Strangers I is over though.:sad2:

That's a great pic of you and Maroo. I don't think I've seen it before.:confused3

OUTSIDE??!! Why on earth for? No one deserves that kind of punishment! (Did Mel kick you out?? Forget her birthday??)

SAD?? No way!! This is going to be great! :woohoo:

That was taken during our Nashville Meet. The one with Tinkgurl and punkin413 and VandyFan (I think, is that right, Dawn?) We had a blast! I have no doubt we'll be great touring partners. :thumbsup2

Reporting for duty, and on page 1 too!! Just preparing for a school day with a 2 hour delay. 9:45 is a much more civilized time to start school than 7:45, huh?

Oh yeah, Salute & Howdy! :)

Roll call is moving forward!

Heck yeah! What are they thinking starting at 7:45? I guess folks want to get home before 8:00 at night. :confused3 Totally wouldn't work for me! In fact, I'm so bad, I scheduled ALL my univ. classes for 10:00 or later. Didn't work though, for student teaching. Guess that's why I don't work?!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Reporting for duty! (and looking forward to the fun.) :banana:

Hey There!! You're a good soldier- ready for all kinds of looniness!

Will I make the first page??? :yay:

YOU DID! YOU DID!! You can be the resident expert on all things military. (Since even though, I make it sound like I know what I"m talking about- I don't!! :rotfl2:)

So let's march forward and start the introductions!

I'll start, since I'm here and raring to go.

How do I make this fun and interesting for those who already know me?? Oh, I know, add some new pictures that they haven't seen yet!

So, here, in full color is me (and my family- most of them anyway):

My oldest son is finishing up his senior year in "the big city", and I miss him a lot.

Here's another shot with him in it, but it's a couple years old. (See how much damage 2 years can do??)

I'd love to look like this:

but sadly, "Arm Flab" (who will also make regular appearances in this tale) has taken a firm (or not) hold on this 4---- something year old body.

Instead,

my name is Liesa, and I am a SAHM. That has always sounded vulgar to me, but I've gotten past it. We homeschool the 4 cutie patooties that are still at home, and among other things I:

Besides quilting, I love to cook, so you'll probably find some food posted here (with recipes), and visit the locals (more on that later), relax with a Jane Austen movie and a glass of wine, play Scrabble, and dream Disney dreams.

This is where I live:

Yeah, nice, huh? :sad2: I'm moving in August back to the land of spit free sidewalks, green trees, and grocery stores. :banana:

How 'bout another shot?

Here's the deal. I live overseas in "Blankastan". I can't say exactly where, but I"m sure the more astute of you can figure it out by deduction over time. If you do, please don't name it here. By the time this PTR is over, I can tell all. For now, just know I"m on the Silk Road somewhere, eager to return. Meantime, we have some Good work to do. ;)

So, now you know who I am, and where I live, and what I do, so how about some "where I long to be""? Afterall this is why we come here at all, right??

Here ya go:

]

No, my son is not on mega doses of speed! That's just the cheesy smile that most 10 year old boys make. He is my LD son who has a hard time "getting it" sometimes.

Yes Siree! I long to be whirling away on a Magical Carousel that can in a moment's time, whisk me away to Fantastical thoughts, where I'm a princess living in a beautiful castle, and where golden eggs are laid every morning. What does the Magic Kingdom inspire in you?? When you step into EPCOT, which pavilion beckons you most??

This guy will certainly make several guest appearances along the way. He is my friend "Tranvestite Potato Head". Somedays (s)he's all girly-girl and sometimes not. You just never know. :confused3 Potato Heads these days! :sad2:

So, that's it in a nutshell. I'm a Disney freak since way early on, but have unfortunately lived far too far away to make regular trips. Hopefully, someday that will all change, but the meantime, I soldier on with all of YOU!!

Next Up, Click Here for: Campaign Timing!

I'm here! Don't want to miss the rest of all the plans!

Hey, Crissy- One of the gang has reported for duty!! Welcome back!

I think the intro for maroo will have to wait a spell; she is pretty darn sick with something that sounds awful!!

Ok. I'm in! I have to have a place to go for my daily dose of laughter while Jordan and Winkers and Rosie and gang are all gone. :D Sounds like it'll be a fun trip. But looks like I have quite a bit of reading to do first. :D

ahhh... we're not excited are we??

HECK YEAH!!! :dance3:

Ok. I'm in! I have to have a place to go for my daily dose of laughter while Jordan and Winkers and Rosie and gang are all gone. :D Sounds like it'll be a fun trip. But looks like I have quite a bit of reading to do first. :D

Welcome, Welcome!! Yeah, hopefully this can be party central while they're gone. :banana:

There's some really fun stuff in the first thread, but I did a nice recap towards the end of that one, that will pretty much fill you in. I'll also be doing a bunch of stuff in the next few days here, so everyone can get up to speed. I think we'll pick up some new readers here at the get go!! So glad you're not shy and ready to dive right in!

READY, SET, GO!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter