An Invasion of a "STRANGER" Kind.... NEW THREAD IS UP!! Go Thee NOW!

I am looking forward to your new thread!! :thumbsup2

It isn't far, the city center isn't large, it is the old medieval city and those were really small!! I checked on google maps and it says it is 1.6 km (that's four rounds on your running track) and takes less than 20 minutes to walk, and yes, you would be able to see St Lorenz on the way, as well as the main square, the city hall and St Sebald. It really depends on the amount of luggage you have with you and possibly the weather. But that can all be decided on the spot since you will have the perfect tour guide to bring you to the hotel!! ;)

Okay, the only thing I can think of and I blame this on my love of history, my love of liberty square and the fact that I live in Massachusetts, home of the revolutionary war.....

THE STRANGERS ARE COMING! THE STRANGERS ARE COMING!

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

I can picture you with your tri corner hats...is there another official term for those?

So did Tinkgurl win a prize for her correct guess?

The hotel you are staying in looks really nice.

Can you take pre-made food through security???????

As for a name I kind of like An imminent Invasion of a "Stranger" kind!

Lahwdy, I sure hope so. I was planning in quiche for breakfast flying there, and my sannie for the way home. Anyone know for sure??!! :confused3

I am looking forward to your new thread!! :thumbsup2

It isn't far, the city center isn't large, it is the old medieval city and those were really small!! I checked on google maps and it says it is 1.6 km (that's four rounds on your running track) and takes less than 20 minutes to walk, and yes, you would be able to see St Lorenz on the way, as well as the main square, the city hall and St Sebald. It really depends on the amount of luggage you have with you and possibly the weather. But that can all be decided on the spot since you will have the perfect tour guide to bring you to the hotel!! ;)

GREAT!! I was hoping it was a small, walkable olde towne area. ;) I am so excited to see OLD again.

I knew that Tingurl got it, so didn't bother posting. :rolleyes1

Congrats Tingurl!

Riiiiiiiight. :laughing:

Okay, the only thing I can think of and I blame this on my love of history, my love of liberty square and the fact that I live in Massachusetts, home of the revolutionary war.....

THE STRANGERS ARE COMING! THE STRANGERS ARE COMING!

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

I can picture you with your tri corner hats...is there another official term for those?

Oh, that one cerrtainly fits the theme too. Most excellent!!!

I dont' know the name of those, but you can expect a picture of me in one from the USA pav. :thumbsup2

So did Tinkgurl win a prize for her correct guess?

The hotel you are staying in looks really nice.

Nope, just a great big shout out!!

By the way, just a heads up.... there WILL be a big new game in the last month of the PTR, so get ready!! :woohoo:

I hope it lives up to the pictures they show. :rolleyes:

:eek: :eek: :eek: I was exactly right?! That is hilarious.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks for the shout-out! I'd love to have some new readers.

Well, if this trip is all about an "invasion" then I think a reference to "D-Day" is in order!

You know... "D" as in "Disney!" :thumbsup2

Kathy

Just make sure the title isn't too long! Need room for your witty chapter titles!

I'm sticking to Strange Bananas.

4 bucks? I was off by 4 bucks?

arrgh.

It IS time to let someone else win

:rotfl:

:eek: :eek: :eek: I was exactly right?! That is hilarious.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks for the shout-out! I'd love to have some new readers.

you were "right on the money"!!

Hooray!!

Well, if this trip is all about an "invasion" then I think a reference to "D-Day" is in order!

You know... "D" as in "Disney!" :thumbsup2

Kathy

Very clever!!! Hmmm....;)

Just make sure the title isn't too long! Need room for your witty chapter titles!

I'm sticking to Strange Bananas.

4 bucks? I was off by 4 bucks?

arrgh.

It IS time to let someone else win

:rotfl:

You're right... need to keep it short. I live my chapter titles, for sure. :goodvibes

How about:

D-Day is "Strange"-ly Imminent

or

Nothing Stranger than a D-Day Invasion

Cough Smoff. I pronounce a benediction and send them off with my blessings!

:rotfl2:

[
In other news around the Base, it was reported yesterday, that Soldier #1 accomplished the amazing feat of the "all-dreaded" C25K W5D3, a never-before attempted, 20-minute slog around the track!! But that is not what is making the headlines... it took the record for the slow

Wow! Very good Liesa! No, I mean it!

Oh, and of course you can borrow "Now Approaching.." Maybe I'll get some of YOUR readers that way!;)

I'll help you convince the hubbie to take you on two trips within the next year. Just tell me when and how and I'll be there :thumbsup2;)

How about:

D-Day is "Strange"-ly Imminent

I like it!

Oh I have news!!! And what better spot to announce it than on your PTR?! Bubba has booked a last minute visit trip from June 11th-15th. I am super sad that I cannot join her but she can't wait until August to go back again. If only I could up and go like she can. Oh well... waiting until August/September will be well worth it to me you and the other lovely folks who said they're coming to the D.C. Meet!

I like #1, how about making it more like a newspaper headline...

"Strange D-Day Imminent!"

:confused3

Kathy

You just keep coming up with good ones, Kathy!! Awesome!

:rotfl2:

Wow! Very good Liesa! No, I mean it!

Oh, and of course you can borrow "Now Approaching.." Maybe I'll get some of YOUR readers that way!;)

I hate to face it, but the last run of Week 6 is 25 minutes!!!! :scared1: I only have today left before leaving for lands far away, so I think, I"ll do the the 2nd Day of W6, and save the 25 minute run for after I get back. I'm planning to back a week or two and go back to interval runs while I'm in Kyrgyzstan, since there's such an elevation gain. Hope it works!

I'll be pulling into the station shortly........

So glad to have you with us, Heidi!! Always nice to have familiar faces coming back!!!

No pun intended, right?! ;) :rotfl2:

Me?!! Use a pun...??? :lmao:

I'll help you convince the hubbie to take you on two trips within the next year. Just tell me when and how and I'll be there :thumbsup2;)

I like it!

Oh I have news!!! And what better spot to announce it than on your PTR?! Bubba has booked a last minute visit trip from June 11th-15th. I am super sad that I cannot join her but she can't wait until August to go back again. If only I could up and go like she can. Oh well... waiting until August/September will be well worth it to me you and the other lovely folks who said they're coming to the D.C. Meet!

I'm going to need to pull out all the stops to convince him on this one!

That's so awesome that she'll get to go back!! I know she's probably anxious to see her old friends there. So, does that mean she wont' be coming to the Meet, and does it mean that you both won't be coming on down to Orlando from the Meet??

I'd be so sad!!

Magdelene was right, I needed to get the new thread up and running in case you guys yacked it up too much, and I ended up left with no room to link it.
Now, I have plenty of room to chat here with you regulars for today, tomorrow and hopefully, any time I have a chance to get on between here the Land of NO internet, plenty of riots and, even more yurts.

Still no word on our passports or visas, so we are really unsure of what the next 2 days are going to look like... :scared1: I will be one VERY grumpy mother if I miss my son's graduation!!!

Anyway, the new thread is up, and you can find it and sign on in:

HERE!!!

Hope to see you all over there, where fun stuff reigns supreme!! ;)

Lahwdy, I sure hope so. I was planning in quiche for breakfast flying there, and my sannie for the way home. Anyone know for sure??!! :confused3

In the US, yes you can bring food on the plane, even from home. I'm not sure what differences there would be on international flights. I frequently bring food within the US, and also brought some to Mexico.

Heading over to check out the NEW thread! :yay:

In the US, yes you can bring food on the plane, even from home. I'm not sure what differences there would be on international flights. I frequently bring food within the US, and also brought some to Mexico.

Heading over to check out the NEW thread! :yay:

Awesome! Thanks for answering this!! I am so seriously anal, that indeed I do have my meals planned out. :lmao: I didn't think there was a problem with food- only liquids.

Ha! Talk about late to the party. I decide to jump back into this little shindig and you're almost at the end of part two! :lmao:

I'm going back to read the most recent posts now... popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!