An Irma Make A Wish Trip!

Amy Ewell

HerMakeAWish
Well we are going full steam ahead to WDW in the morning on a Make A Wish Trip for my daughter. With Irma in the works we'll have to see what the weather gives us. We just made it to the hotel and are settled in to wake up at 3:45 am. The plane leaves at 5:45 am - ugh! I'll post pictures of the weather as we go along.

Attachments

• IMG_9877.JPG
    IMG_9877.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 12
A little more about us: our daughter Baylee was granted a Wish just 2 weeks before her 18th birthday. We weren't made aware of Make A Wish until her last cardiologist appt. Baylee has a severe congenital heart defect called LTransposition. She also has Epstein's Anomoly and has had heart surgery to correct her WPW of the heart. We always say that her heart is upside down and backwards. She is waiting for her next open heart surgery, which is a wait and watch situation. Baylee is always happy (minus getting IVs) and loves to laugh. We are so proud of her recent high school graduation. She's our sweet pumpkin and we love her so much! We really haven't planned anything other than riding as many rides as possible. The kids don't want to sit down and eat. They'd rather grab some quick service and hit the next rides or trade some pins. We leave in less than 7 hours. Better get some sleepzzzzzzz.

Attachments

• IMG_9314.JPG
    IMG_9314.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 28
IMG_0308.JPG We were evacuated from GKTW yesterday to the Disney World Saratoga Springs resort Villas. We are expecting hurricane Irma in just a few hours. The resort staff are going above and beyond in trying to keep us safe and even entertained. We played fun games last night and today in the performance hall with Pluto, Goofy, Chip & Dale. They opened up the arcade for everyone to play for free, are loaning out DVDs and keeping the restaurant open for as long as possible. We are so grateful for all the food and water sent with us and delivered to us by Give Kids The World Village! We are also very appreciative of Make A Wish Utah for extending our stay by two days. Flights were going to be delayed and we were not going to be able to visit Disney World as it is closed for the storm today and tomorrow. This place is beautiful and we pray that GKTW and Saratoga Springs do not receive extensive damages. #goawayirma

Last edited:

IMG_0320.JPG Currently playing clue in the bathroom with the kids. There is a tornado possibly headed towards us!

I'm so sorry that you guys are dealing with Irma on your trip. Hope that your next post will be you guys out enjoying the parks.

How has your morning been? I have been thinking about your family!
We are about to head out on a walk around the resort. We did just hear back from gktw and we will not be returning there. They lost a couple gazebos and had some other damage. Everyone will be staying at Saratoga Springs for the remainder of their stay. We are so sad not to be able to go back to gktw but still determined to have fun here. We were fortunate to have done Baylee's star on the first day and to be able to see it's placement on evacuation day.

We are about to head out on a walk around the resort. We did just hear back from gktw and we will not be returning there. They lost a couple gazebos and had some other damage. Everyone will be staying at Saratoga Springs for the remainder of their stay. We are so sad not to be able to go back to gktw but still determined to have fun here. We were fortunate to have done Baylee's star on the first day and to be able to see it's placement on evacuation day.
Oh man. It sorry that you don't get to return to GKTW. I'm happy that you did her star and were able to extend your trip to have more days together. I'm still waiting to hear final word, but as of now they are telling us to plan on going. We are on the mAAgic flight and I think they are trying to avoid rescheduling 35families out of various airports around the world....but we will see!!

IMG_0489.jpg After a little stress this morning we have finally confirmed our flight home today. Phew! Though we'd love to stay forever, we do need to get back to real life!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter