An Overplanner Takes on WDW – Feb 2019 PTR now with bonus Aug trip (New TR linked 9/2))

You should get them eventually. Someone with an Annual Pass did this for us, and was able to go backwards.

She won't have her AP until very late August, so it's possible that the photos won't be there anymore. I'm hoping we're ok, but it depends on when Disney clears out their server.

I know, what is happening with SDD!! I feel like they maybe they reduced the # of fast passes per hour.

Either that or HS is going to be bananas! The August thread is just full of people not getting SDD even late in their trips.

it should be... Right? Galaxy's Edge won't be open yet. And they haven't announced... right?

There are always rumors that this will close and they only load the dates onto the calendar a couple weeks at a time. March of the First Order ends 7/7 and it wasn't properly announced, they just didn't add dates to the calendar. So, I'm hoping we'll be ok but I also wouldn't be surprised if this got the axe with SWGE opening just a few days later.

Wait there is a zipline at Blizzard Beach!?! All Gwen wants to do for her birthday is go on a zipline! We might go to Kalahari for one night so she can do just that.

In the Ski Patrol area, there's a little zipline where the kids have to hold on and then they fly off into the water. (
) It looks like fun! Unfortunately, there's a maximum height limit so the parent's can't give it a try.

We do this too. granted our girls are a little older but still. No one wants to sit with someone else kid.

We were concerned about it but it ended up working out. We had a plan if we really couldn't sit with them, but thankfully we shouldn't have to execute it.

The airline points came through today, all of our flights are booked, the tickets are purchased, and my friend and I have our divide-and-conquer plan for FP morning. This is really happening!
This is going to be amazing!
So, Hubby and I fly to Orlando on Monday 7/8, have dinner in DS, do AK after hours, then I turn right back around and fly home on the 9th. Boy, I hope I still feel as young as I think I am, because just typing that is exhausting!! At least the kids will still be with the grandparents when I get home, so I can actually rest up instead of going straight to Mom-mode.
Wow! What a fabulous experience....I love it!
Our plan for the party is to start with Dinosaur and Triceratops spin (yes, we're doing it, and we hope to be the only two people on the spinner!), then go up and exhaust ourselves on EE. We're going to watch RoL with an empty stadium and some premium Mickey bars, then head across to Pandora to do FoP a few times, with NRJ thrown in for good measure. Depending on how long the FoP lines are that night, we'll either end the day in Pandora or head across to finish out with a couple more rides on EE. I am SO EXCITED for this utterly ridiculous in-and-out trip to Orlando and it's only 8 days away!!!
You are going to have the best time!!!!
Bonus exciting news: when we booked our flight, there were no free seats left together. We would either have to pay $20 a seat to select Comfort Plus options or let the system do the assigning. We opted to leave it up to chance with the assumption that, if we were completely separated, people would want to give us seats near our kids rather than deal with them. Maybe not the most responsible parenting option, but I'm cheap. I had also read that, when the cheap seats have all been selected, the system will assign you the Comfort Plus options without you having to pay for them. Lo-and-behold, the system has assigned us seats all together, 3 and 2 across the aisle from each other, in the premium seats!
Sweet!!

Morimoto ribs are amazing! I didn’t know you could get them at the QS also- good to know!

AK after hours should be great! I recommend not trying to make it to EE again after Pandora- walking that FOP line over and over exhausted my feet much more than I expected! By the end of our event, they were asking us where we wanted to be seated and we said anywhere we don’t have to climb stairs :rotfl:

I think you should able to get your photos still! We went a few years back with friends in September and when we linked her account to mine, i got her pictures from February.

They must be seriously limiting SDD fastpasses! They are so much harder to get than any other ride.

The earlier you can get in line for Moana and 7d, the better for sure. We got in line for 7d just before 5 last year and it was already pretty long.

Squealing over the fact that you're fitting THREE trips into this year instead of just the one 😍 That is the dream!

Not sure if I missed it in one of your posts but are you guys planning on dressing up for MNSSHP?

AK after hours should be great! I recommend not trying to make it to EE again after Pandora- walking that FOP line over and over exhausted my feet much more than I expected! By the end of our event, they were asking us where we wanted to be seated and we said anywhere we don’t have to climb stairs :rotfl:

Since this is our only park time, I'm thinking we'll be ok with a bit of walking. We're both runners to begin with, so we're used to putting in daily miles :-)

That said, we're planning on getting our full of EE before leaving that area because we aren't sure we'll get back.

I think you should able to get your photos still! We went a few years back with friends in September and when we linked her account to mine, i got her pictures from February.

Wow, that's a long time. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

The earlier you can get in line for Moana and 7d, the better for sure. We got in line for 7d just before 5 last year and it was already pretty long.

We're assuming they'll both be long lines already, but these are our only character properties for the party, so it is what it is.

Squealing over the fact that you're fitting THREE trips into this year instead of just the one 😍 That is the dream!

Not sure if I missed it in one of your posts but are you guys planning on dressing up for MNSSHP?

I have my cotton snow White dress, hubby has a prince t shirt. Friend got a purple dress and light weight cloak for Evil Queen, her hubby got a Doc t shirt, 6 kids will be in the rest of the dwarf shirts.

We're doing the t-shirt-as-a-costume thing because August heat, but it should be pretty cute all together.

I have my cotton snow White dress, hubby has a prince t shirt. Friend got a purple dress and light weight cloak for Evil Queen, her hubby got a Doc t shirt, 6 kids will be in the rest of the dwarf shirts.

We're doing the t-shirt-as-a-costume thing because August heat, but it should be pretty cute all together.

That's perfect, so cute! We're doing MNSSHP on the 2nd and I'm thinking the same as you are with the heat. There's a sleeveless Alice dress at Hot Topic that I'm getting and then I'll just get a bow headband off Amazon and call it good.

Kids, What Kids?

Our crazy, 24 hour Disney trip starts tomorrow! But, first, my mom picked up the kids this morning to take them to the shore for the week. After getting the girls out of the house, today was downright delightful. I ran a 10k, shopped for airplane snacks without having to tell anyone to stop touching things, and took a nap. Living the good life right there!

Our flight isn't until 11 tomorrow and we're a little less than half an hour from the airport, so we'll be waking up at our normal Monday morning time and heading to Orlando instead of work. Yippee!!!

The girls know that we're going to Disney without them, but they are being surprisingly chill about it. I'm sure it helps that we have a trip planned for next month, though. When they asked about it, we told them we were going without them because we wanted to ride the roller coaster that goes backward in the dark and they were perfectly fine with not being included. :-)

This time tomorrow DAH will have just started and I should be hopping onto Dinosaur. Woohoo!!!!!!!!!

I have fallen off the DIS this past month and didn't realize you had an adults only trip in the works! Congrats, and I hope you have an amazing time. Ride all the coasters and eat all the food (without worrying about sharing any of it)!

Have a great trip!!!!

Glad to hear the girls are "ok" with your trip. We really pushed the fact that we were doing the things they don't want to do there, like eat and eat and eat some more... Ha!

Eek! Today is the day, for some reason I hadn’t caught up on your August or today’s trip!

You’ll have a blast! DH and I went to Disney last December just for 2 nights and all we did was MK AH. It was amazing! Very much needed grownup time, people thought we were crazy to go to Disney for a grownup trip.

I have fallen off the DIS this past month and didn't realize you had an adults only trip in the works! Congrats, and I hope you have an amazing time. Ride all the coasters and eat all the food (without worrying about sharing any of it)!
Have a great trip!!!!

Glad to hear the girls are "ok" with your trip. We really pushed the fact that we were doing the things they don't want to do there, like eat and eat and eat some more... Ha!
Eek! Today is the day, for some reason I hadn’t caught up on your August or today’s trip!

You’ll have a blast! DH and I went to Disney last December just for 2 nights and all we did was MK AH. It was amazing! Very much needed grownup time, people thought we were crazy to go to Disney for a grownup trip.
Have a great trip!!! :)
Have a great trip!
I totally missed your quick adults trip last month, but I hope you had a great time!
I hope your adults-only trip was awesome!!

Thanks, everyone! It was a really fun, really fast 24 hours. I'll post about it as an addendum in my trip report, once I finally make it through our winter trip.

On The Benefits Of Free Childcare

After their awesome week in July, the grandparents said they wanted to find another time this summer where they could take the girls down the shore. Far be it from me to turn down free childcare, so Hubby and I are kid free Sunday through Thursday this week. We both have work this, so no crazy last minute trips on the books this time. In between enjoying an utter lack of responsibility for other people's daily needs, laundry, or dishes, I'm also taking the time to make sure we're ready for Disney and back to school.

We're 12 days out and the planning is so much easier this time. In the winter, we had to pack for essentially any weather, but this trip it's summer clothes all the way. Plus, after doing a 10 day trip with 9 park days, the daily itineraries for this have been so simple. Even things that are new to us, like Blizzard Beach and MNSSHP, aren't making me feel the pressure like our earlier trip did. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to be stalking the MNSSHP reports after the first party, but until then there's nothing I can do on that front. As to Blizzard Beach, I've looked over the maps and made a basic hit list, but it's just so much less to worry about than any of the theme parks.

I decided to cancel the Plaza ADR for our MK day. In comparing that menu to Liberty Tree, I think that the latter has a better menu for our family (and I really want that ooey gooey toffee cake!). There's still a strong possibility that we drop it in favor of just doing QS for lunch but, if we sit down, we'll do it at LTT.

I'm definitely getting excited for this trip, but it's scary to think that on the other side of it is September and kindergarten. What a way to end the summer, but it went way too fast!

Kindergarten!!!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of public school!

The true joy of having trips closer together, I feel there is a little less pressure to feel like you have to do everything. It is easier to relax a little.

I will love to hear how you guys like Blizzard Beach. I think we will more than likely skip it but do have 2 slots where we could go if we wanted.

Also, I was at Trader Joe’s the other day and totally thought of you. I was thinking how funny it would be if we ran into each other there. It is bound to happen.

The MNSSHP wait-and-see game is my favorite and least favorite part of the year rolled into one lol. It's so exciting to wait to find out what's going to be new this year but also so hard to make plans until you find out!

My morning coffee today was accompanied by videos of last night's MNSSHP parade and fireworks. Those new fireworks/projections (and Jack!!!) look wonderful -- so much fun coming your way (and so soon)!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter