An Unpleasant Experience at Yak and Yeti CS

We were at WDW from 12/14-12/21.

On our last day at AK, we ate lunch at the Yak and Yeti CS.

Lines were long, but I got through it and we made our way back to the seating area.

All of the tables were taken. Unfortunately a lot of them were taken by single people with no food “saving” the table.

I was left standing and balancing a heavy tray of food and drinks, trying to find a table to sit at. By the time we pounced on one (hovering over a family that looked close to being done), our food was cold and not even worth eating.

It was an extremely unpleasant experience. I don’t understand why the CMs don’t step in in these situations and help move tables and keep people with no food from taking up tables that people with food desperately need?

Yes, this happens often when it's is super busy and it always is. I've been a very long time customer going way back. I noticed that someone discounting your experience Aldo discounted mine. The stern face of modern day Disney and the careless millennial - no doubt! My mother actually was a famous commercial artist and designed the small golden book " sleeping Beauty" knew Ivan Earl.. So I remember the once pure Didnry "family" and that's how they made it! It was warm and fuzzy once soon a time. Anyway, the paid profiles discredited me as a stranger ranting!!!They blew me off on my posting a negative experience that I brought to light...saying Walt Disney wouldn't approve of their current business operations - greedy. They called it "letting off steam" No, it's far more than that. So, I get how you feel, even though your post was negative. Just letting You know that when you complain here, it appears Disney paid profiles discount the legitimacy and validity - consequently report and close thread.

I'm just over here laughing at how bizarre it would be if 3 people are sitting at a 4 top in the middle of their meal and someone just sits down with them and starts eating.

1) Chairs are for everyone.
2) There are no "tables" that belong to a guest or guest's party.
3) Seems funny, but if you need a seat, why not take/use an empty one.
4) What would be funny is to sit on someone's lap and start eating.

:ccol1:

An emergency is different.

But no, a busy restaurant is not a place to take a rest.
It's perfect for taking a rest, if you buy something to eat. That's just a reasonable courtesy. However, they oversell and thereby limit resting spots. Some people don't need a wheelchair if reasonable accommodations exist for those needing them.

No, I certainly don't have any right to the 4th seat at a 4 seater when me, my wife, and son are occupying the other 3 seats. Nine times out of ten, if you ask nicely if you can sit there, we're probably okay with it.

Plop yourself down without the common courtesy of asking first, and suddenly my arm could go numb and spill my drink in the direction of that fourth seat, or my son could suddenly start a good fight with all of the good ammo (ketchup, mustard, fruit punch) aimed in that same direction. Also, by pure coincidence, the direction of that same suddenly coveted fourth seat might be where my son aims his sneezes or coughs, and he's not that great at always covering his mouth when doing so, especially if cued by his father. :crazy:

We got our food and saw a table available...I was holding the tray and my son went to fetch one more chair as we needed that. AFTER we placed the extra chair, a father with two young kids came over and told us the table should be his because he WANTED that table first but he went to do something else first (he said what that was but I honestly don't remember what he said). He did not have any food with him but he was fully ready to have a big argument with me...I saw another table leaving so I just told him he can have the table and left.
:rotfl2:He "wanted" it first? Oh my goodness...

I never would have given him that table, personally. It would have left me feeling resentful. I can't stand that kind of rude entitlement.

No, I certainly don't have any right to the 4th seat at a 4 seater when me, my wife, and son are occupying the other 3 seats. Nine times out of ten, if you ask nicely if you can sit there, we're probably okay with it.

Plop yourself down without the common courtesy of asking first, and suddenly my arm could go numb and spill my drink in the direction of that fourth seat, or my son could suddenly start a good fight with all of the good ammo (ketchup, mustard, fruit punch) aimed in that same direction. Also, by pure coincidence, the direction of that same suddenly coveted fourth seat might be where my son aims his sneezes or coughs, and he's not that great at always covering his mouth when doing so, especially if cued by his father. :crazy:

Really? I normally assume sarcasm, but now I'm not so sure!

Really? I normally assume sarcasm, but now I'm not so sure!

100% sarcasm, albeit with a side of snarky judgment if one would actually take that seat without asking first. Manners, people.

Encouraging folks to just grab any empty chair without first confirming that is indeed not taken is foolish.

We were at Trader Sams patio about 40 minutes before fireworks. We found a table but no chairs. All the surrounding tables appeared to have extra chairs. I asked each table and was told the seats were not available. So I kept looking. Found two on the other side and brought them over. Should I have just grabbed a chair? Bet that would have gone over well.

About 15 minutes later my husband wanted coffee. Our lovely server informed us I would need to go into captain cooks for that. While I was gone was my seat up for grabs.

This is just plain ridiculous. Just ask if a seat is available. No need to go around feeling like any empty seat is yours because none of us own the tables or chairs. We live in a civilized society.

I enjoy sharing. We have met some fun people but please don’t take my chair while I’m in the bathroom.

I think Disney needs to have CMs that police these area and usher you out the moment you're done with your food. The theme parks need to be more utilitarian. No sitting in the wrong zone for your chosen activity. If you're not legitimately eating your food you have no place in an eating area. No phone or map usage, either. You don't get to check your Facebook or plan your day in a space that is obviously explicitly designated for families in desperate need for a place to sit and eat. I think talking can also get in the way of chewing, so in the spirit of how to space was designed, none of that either.

In addition, I think that most counter service restaurants in high traffic areas should replace their current offerings with a Soylent-style nutrient shake for quicker consumption. I think that would help this issue, as well.

I think Disney needs to have CMs that police these area and usher you out the moment you're done with your food. The theme parks need to be more utilitarian. No sitting in the wrong zone for your chosen activity. If you're not legitimately eating your food you have no place in an eating area. No phone or map usage, either.

In addition, I think that most counter service restaurants in high traffic areas replace their current offerings with a Soylent-style nutrient shake for quicker consumption. I think that would help this issue, as well.
It's a fine line to walk when your notion is "you're done with your food." As a business you run the risk of booting out customers who would have purchased more food or drink as well as create a less than inviting environment. One who feels rushed may not frequent a place or purchase anything but the bare minimum. No pun intented but it could very well eat into Disney's profits if they took the approach you want.

I've got no idea where you are taking this whole topic with your shakes comment :confused3

It's a fine line to walk when your notion is "you're done with your food." As a business you run the risk of booting out customers who would have purchased more food or drink as well as create a less than inviting environment. One who feels rushed may not frequent a place or purchase anything but the bare minimum. No pun intented but it could very well eat into Disney's profits if they took the approach you want.

Without it you're really running the risk of people taking advantage of the chairs and tables, though.

Without it you're really running the risk of people taking advantage of the chairs and tables, though.
It's about balance. Do you want to run off customers who would have spent more $? Do you want to limit the desirability of a place to eat which could impact your profits?

The way they do it now may not work for everyone nor every day but as a whole it works out more than likely in the most favorable way for Disney.

It's about balance. Do you want to run off customers who would have spent more $? Do you want to limit the desirability of a place to eat which could impact your profits?

The way they do it now may not work for everyone nor every day but as a whole it works out more than likely in the most favorable way for Disney.

Wait I thought limiting desirability was the name of the game here?

Until AK adds more seating in that part of the park, you're just shifting who is unhappy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter