An update on the Toronto-area Character Warehouse

CindyAnn

Crazy Canuck
Some time ago there was a post about the Character Warehouse located in Mississauga, at the junction of Hwy. 403 and Dundas Hwy. I just thought I'd let everyone know that they're in bankruptcy, so if you've been thinking of making a shopping trip there - don't! The following notice was posted on the door, in case anyone wants to check for any remaining merchandise, but I have no idea how long they've been bankrupt.

"Dear Customer - Character Warehouse is in bankruptcy. The inventory will be sold off in bankruptcy sale by Canam-Appraiz. For more info call 416-243-5111 ext. 24. Thank you."

Cheers,

dondaisys.gif

Okay, so pretend I've moved my clipart from geocities

CindyAnn
Co-moderator - Restaurants Board

Hello There, I live about 10 minutes from that store! I've been there, but not in a long time. I was at Square One Disney Store yesterday! We are doing WDW in 47 DAYS! Prehaps we can schedule a DISNEY MEET AT DISNEY STORE SQUARE ONE!

SandraC, visit our Disney family web site www.angelfire.com/on/disneyfun
º0º
1975 - off site (11 years old),
1977 - off site (13 years old),
1987 - Indian Rock Shores (23 years old with hubby, b/f at the time),
1990 - Holiday Inn International Drive/Daytona Beach (26 years old, with hubby, six month after wedding),
1998 - KIDS VILLAGE, GIVE KIDS THE WORLD, Make-a-Wish trip with 4.5 year old daughter born ill),
2001 APRIL - CBR - ON SITE FIRST TIME! YIPPY! With dd 7 years old, ds 15 mo

SandraC - I was thinking that a Greater Toronto Disney meet would be lots of fun. There must be a bunch of people within 50 kms or so, so we might overwhelm the Disney store at Square 1. Any ideas about another good location? I know a lot of people must live to the east of the city, so maybe somewhere that's central? I think people have generally met in places where they can meet and eat? Or just meet? Maybe we should talk to the people who organized the London Dis meet.

dondaisys.gif

CindyAnn

I too am in the Toronto (Etobicoke) area. I would be interested in meeting. SandraC I have Ryleigh, the 4 yr old in the wheelchair whom we are taking on a Disney Cruise May 13-20th. You have givenme some great advice.
What about Yorkdale's Rain Forest Cafe? Or Dave and Buster's at 404/HWY 7? Or even better.... what about just having a "PICNIC BarBque" when the weather gets better at Marie Curtis Park or High Park or something like that?
Just some ideas!
Suzanne

Hi! Love to have a DISmeeting! Especially before our April vacation to WDW! I like the Rain Forest Cafe at Yorkdale idea. There is also a Shell Info Centre on the 401 Eastbound between the Winston Churchill Blvd and Erin Mills Parkway exits. There is a HUGE area upstairs for a meeting. Is usually EMPTY! There is a WENDY'S AND TIM HORTONS. Nice and casual. What do you think? Weekend? Weekday? Evening? I am available during the mornings most Mondays and Fridays, evenings on Tuesday and Friday, Sat & Sun are good! LETS PLAN!

SandraC, visit our Disney family web site www.angelfire.com/on/disneyfun
º0º
1975 - off site (11 years old),
1977 - off site (13 years old),
1987 - Indian Rock Shores (23 years old with hubby, b/f at the time),
1990 - Holiday Inn International Drive/Daytona Beach (26 years old, with hubby, six month after wedding),
1998 - KIDS VILLAGE, GIVE KIDS THE WORLD, Make-a-Wish trip with 4.5 year old daughter born ill),
2001 APRIL - CBR - ON SITE FIRST TIME! YIPPY! With dd 7 years old, ds 15 mo

We attended a GTA DIS meet at the Rainforest Cafe at Yorkdale last June. We had a really great time. Weekends work best for those of us who live out of town.

eeyore03.gif
dps.jpg

The weekends are good for me too. We could call and find out about times for Rainforest Cafe and availability. I believe that those of us with DC cards get 15% off as well.
If you want to do the whole Shell Meeting place... maybe we could even look at a Pizza Party thing???
With kids or not? Ry's in a wheelchair so it has to be accessible for her.

Hi we would like to meet at the Rainforest and weekends are best for us. Either Sat or Sunday
Darren & Lisa

When you went to Rain Forest Cafe for Dis Meet last time, how many poele were there? And did you have reservations????

Wow! It sounds like lots of people are interested. I have some Dis meet questions. Do people generally bring their kids along, or try to off-load them onto unsuspecting grandparents for the meeting? Afternoon or evening? Saturday or Sunday? SandraC, do you want to open up a new post with a better title (after all, not everyone is a shopper)? Would you like me to? With March break on the horizon, would we be able to do something before April? Suzanne's idea of a Dis picnic sounds nice, too. It's hard to imagine "picnic" today, though, isn't it? Should we determine when and how many, and let that decide where? Has there ever been a paragraph with this many questions before?

Cheers?

dondaisys.gif

CindyAnn

I think that there was about 15 of us including a couple of moderators. We had reservations. I believe that Cindycan did the planning. Most people brought their kids to the ones I've been to, and they always seem to have a great time together. I think it would probably be best to start a new thread on this so that everyone will read it. After all, the more the merrier. :D I also think that late afternoon is probably a good time. The restaurants are usually quieter then, and it gives out-of-towners time to get home after without it being too late.

eeyore03.gif
dps.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!