Analysis of Riviera sales as of 5/10/2019

Your assuming a couple different things:

(1) They grandfather in pre-existing resale contracts
(2) I don't think there is language in the legacy 14 contracts to support this change
(3) The do have language in the RIV contract that could allow this to RIV resale.

(1) They have consistently grandfathered pre-existing resale contracts on ALL changes to date.
(2) I don't trust them not to change the language to make it apply everywhere. They have been doing things of questionable legality lately.

I completely agree with both of your points. I think RIV is their new test resort for all things: restrictions, new contract language, legality of "similar". The real questi ok n would be what would Disney do if a RIV contract hit resale tomorrow. Would they be forced to announce RIV resale window restrictions or would they announce down the road and grandfather in prior resale RIV contracts.

I thought the smallest contract was 75 points so how did someone buy a 50 point contract?

We bought in for 200 points 2 weeks ago. We can’t wait for Skyliner transportation (plus the resort). I am hoping that there will be a phase 2 of the Skyliner to connect to animal kingdom or Disney Springs.

We bought in for 200 points 2 weeks ago. We can’t wait for Skyliner transportation (plus the resort). I am hoping that there will be a phase 2 of the Skyliner to connect to animal kingdom or Disney Springs.
know it might never happen but it would be fantastic. Fingers crossed.

I’m sure the new restrictions on resale has a lot to do with it. I was looking to buy additional points and I found out that the resale restrictions would hinder a sale.

I decided not to buy. I was looking to buy additional points but when i found out that the resale restrictions would hinder a sale I decided not to buy there. I have to take into account consideration is my age. I probably would only own for maybe 15years before considering to sell. I’m not sure why somebody would really want to buy in this resort compared to any of the old resorts With the resale restrictions other than Disney who will certainly will be in control of the price.

You may buy any size resale contract that comes on the market (assuming Disney waives it ROFR). Several of the legacy resorts have/had 25 point minimums and those also show up on the resale market.

You may buy any size resale contract that comes on the market (assuming Disney waives it ROFR). Several of the legacy resorts have/had 25 point minimums and those also show up on the resale market.

Sorry i meant if you first brought resale and then wanted to buy direct from Disney to get the direct perks would you have to buy 75 points direct from Disney or could you buy just the 50 points as you already own DVC via resale.

Hope i am making sense.

Sorry i meant if you first brought resale and then wanted to buy direct from Disney to get the direct perks would you have to buy 75 points direct from Disney or could you buy just the 50 points as you already own DVC via resale.

Hope i am making sense.
Currently, you need to own 75 direct points to qualify for Membership Extra perks. From the Members' website:

* Important Information about Membership Extras:

Membership Extras, such as vacation options in the Disney and Concierge Collections, certain discounts, offers, and special events are incidental benefits. These incidental benefits are subject to change or termination without notice, may require the payment of a fee and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Membership Extras are also subject to availability and block-out dates may apply, including high periods of demand such as Christmas and New Year’s Day. To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID. Effective February 25, 2018, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. Disney and Concierge Collections options are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. will not have access to Membership Extras.

Hope i am making sense.

You can add-on 50 direct if you want, but if you want the blue membership card (to qualify for membership extras as indicated) you'd have to buy 75. If you don't already have the blue card, I'd go for the 75, myself, if I were looking for a direct add-on.

Currently, you need to own 75 direct points to qualify for Membership Extra perks. From the Members' website:

* Important Information about Membership Extras:

Membership Extras, such as vacation options in the Disney and Concierge Collections, certain discounts, offers, and special events are incidental benefits. These incidental benefits are subject to change or termination without notice, may require the payment of a fee and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Membership Extras are also subject to availability and block-out dates may apply, including high periods of demand such as Christmas and New Year’s Day. To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID. Effective February 25, 2018, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. Disney and Concierge Collections options are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. will not have access to Membership Extras.

Thanks,

You can add-on 50 direct if you want, but if you want the blue membership card (to qualify for membership extras as indicated) you'd have to buy 75. If you don't already have the blue card, I'd go for the 75, myself, if I were looking for a direct add-on.

Thank you.

1 billion points. I've never really thought about the scale of total available points at a resort.
Another resort at Reflections soon to be built with more millions or billions of points

That's a lot of money. A lot of timeshare being bought by people blinded by pixie dust who probably can't afford it.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the next recession comes along.

1 billion points. I've never really thought about the scale of total available points at a resort.
Another resort at Reflections soon to be built with more millions or billions of points

That's a lot of money. A lot of timeshare being bought by people blinded by pixie dust who probably can't afford it.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the next recession comes along.
It’s 6.5 million points which will be sold for about 1 billion dollars.

The first deed for DRR was recorded on April 12, 2019.

From April 12 through May 17, 851 DDR contracts were sold/recorded.

During that same 35 day period, DVD sold 1052 CCV contracts and 2365 total WDW DVC contracts.

For a point of conparision, the numbers for the first 35 days that CCV, PVB and VGF deeds were recorded:

4/12-5/17/2019
DRR 851 Contracts
CCV 1052 Contracts
All WDW DVC 2365 Contracts

4/14-5/19/2017
CCV 529 Contracts
PVB 1613 Contracts
All WDW DVC 2647 Contracts

1/27-3/03/2015
PVB . 754 Contracts
VGF 1019 Contracts
All WDW DVC 2106 Contracts

6/6-7/11/2013
VGF 1428 Contracts
AKV 992 Contracts
All WDW DVC 2593 Contracts

Last edited:
The first deed for DRR was recorded on April 12, 2019.

From April 12 through May 17, 851 DDR contracts were sold/recorded.

During that same 35 day period, DVD sold 1052 CCV contracts and 2365 total WDW DVC contracts.

For a point of conparision, the numbers for the first 35 days that CCV, PVB and VGF deeds were recorded:

Resort (Date first recorded deed)

DRR (4/12/19) 4/12-5/17/2019 851.
CCV 1052
All WDW DVC 2365

CCV (4/14/17) 4/14-5/19/2017 529
PVB 1613
All WDW DVC 2647

PVB (1/27/15) 1/27-3/03/2015. 754
VGF 1019
All WDW DVC 2106

VGF (6/6/13) 6/6-7/11/2013 1428
AKV 992
All WDW DVC 2593

Is the "all" category resale and direct or just all direct? If it's all direct, roughly 20% of sales are "sold out" resorts - at least in the last two years. That's short of shocking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!