Everything You Do, CELEBRATE YOU! - Polynesian - Club Level - TPV

Welcome Back and thank you for sharing this incredible trip with us. It's always so sad when they come to an end but you've already got the next one going. I'm heading there next to read about your 3 week trip.

Wonderful report. Thanks again. :wave:

All this Disney and a Weimey too.......................I love it. I have been doing Disney since 1974 and have had a Weim in my life most of those years.

Yay! You're back! I definitely just binge-read all the way to the end. :laughing:

I must’ve had at least 5 people make “YAY HUFFLEPUFF!” comments at me on this day!
There are a lot of secret Hufflepuffs out there :thumbsup2

OMG I'M A HUFFLEPUFF TOO! :banana:

FLYNN RIDER BLEW ME A KISS.

:lovestruc:lovestruc

I buy a pin from every resort I stay at :lovestruc

That's such a cute idea!

I absolutely loved your TR--you and Hymie are just adorable! Can't wait to read the next one! :D

Those all sound so good! Bread pudding is a goal of mine this trip because I didn't really have any last time. We're doing Ohana dinner for the first time too and I'm most excited for the bread pudding.

I will be needing a new phone case soon...this sounds like a great idea.

Did you get bread pudding and/or a new phone case?! I've just followed a bunch of your TR threads, you are on fire! How were your September / December trips? And you're going again this month??! Holy cow!!

I think it means no boomboxes...like no music played out loud on a personal radio.

Thanks!

For some reason I can't see half of your photos, boo! Enjoyed your update though and "Emperor Kuzko" is just adorable - spot on with your name for him! :thumbsup2

Oh no I hope this resolved itself?? :confused3 I can see everything ok so hopefully it was just temporary :goodvibes

Hi Katie
I have been reading your report from the start.I am normally a lurker on reports but I just had to come out of hiding to say how impressive your photos of the Tiger was. The best I have yet seen on the DIS, did you photograph through the glass.All your photos are good but the tigers were exceptional.

Thank you! I am always impressed with that little camera, it's nothing special. And I know nothing about photography so I always come home pleasantly surprised :goodvibes

Hi Katie!

I just discovered your trip report, and then of course had to read the first one. I am usually a TR lurker, but I had to comment on how much I enjoyed yours. I wish you had a whole library of them! I am so sad there are only two! :sad1: Your enthusiasm is infectious. I truly feel I'm right there with you at Disney. Also, my next trip NEEDS to be Poly Theme Park View Club Level. It simply must! :laughing: Time for me to start putting in some serious overtime hours at work!

May I ask, what camera you use to take your pictures? They are lovely!!!

Also, your wardrobe is adorable, and your hair and makeup are always flawless. I am going to need you to start doing Disney hair and makeup tutorials, mmkay?

Awaiting your next chapter!

Hi! Sorry this is such a late response, I haven't been on here for a while. Glad you've been enjoying the reports! I've just finished this one and started a third if you're still interested :goodvibes My camera is nothing special, it's just a Sony point and shoot! (DSC-HX20V) It was cheap as chips! and re the hair/make up, I can't believe we're looking at the same photos :rotfl: it is always a disaster in Florida!!! Being British the humidity does not agree with me, and I definitely leave out some photos where I am looking rough :laughing: but hearing your compliments in that area is very reassuring to me, THANK YOU!

Ooooooooooh I think a visit to trader Sams might be on the cards... looks really good!

I'm turning into such a hyper child this week I'm so excited to go but I have so many things to do.. I feel like I'm running around in circles...
Patrick-Spongebob-Freak-Out-Run-In-Circles.gif

DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey friend!!! So nice meeting you and Rachel at Disney! :hug: I've just followed your Paris TR to catch up with later, are you not writing one for that WDW trip? Or am I going blind :laughing:

You guys really are Disney freaks, aren't you.

Errrrrrm YA. :cool2:

I'm hoping (if I even get to AK) to try this. I don't think I've ever even been there (Harambe Market, I mean... not AK.)

Did you get to Harambe Market??

It looks like he's trying to check out your bum! :laughing:

Clearly he is :thumbsup2 Rafiki is obv jealous because he's a mandrill and his bum is GROSS.

Kay and I had this exact same question!
Except she also thought that the middle one was a fax machine.

I think... think it's "No radios/boomboxes/CD players"... no loud sound emitting devices.

But really... not positive.
(I've also heard. No busses. No 1940s radios. Do not take the wheels off the bus. Do not turn on rear window defogger.)

The general consensus seems to be that that sign on the buses IS No radios/boomboxes/CD players. You are a smart one. :teacher:

I enjoy it too. The songs remind me of my trip in 2013 when we stayed at Art of Animation. My daughter and I spent a lot of time going underwater in the Nemo pool listening to those songs on the underwater speakers. She loved it and we sang them all the time. It gives me the warm fuzzies thinking how cute she was then at age 6. She just turned 9 and already behaving more like a teenager than little girl :sad: (Her name is Katie, by the way :). I may have mentioned that before, but I thought it was interesting so...)

Aww that's so sweet :goodvibes

I read that Fichwa means "hidden" in Swahili and fellow refers to Mickey, so it is a rather literal "hidden Mickey".

Cool fact! :thumbsup2

Erm, OK, if I ever happen to met Jaime, I won't be shaking his right hand. I know where it's been. Good heavens man, do you know what happens on that ground! :eek:

HAHA this made me laugh. Thankfully at Rafiki's Planet Watch they have soap and water and encourage you to wash your hands before you leave :goodvibes

I don't really know, but could it be an old style radio? Apparently there was a problem at some point with people cluttering up the buses with radios. Maybe it means no playing music, like on your phone/iPod?

YES radio seems to be the answer!

Great pix in this post, love the alpaca and the tiger! (also, thanks for the recommendation of courtneybelle's trip reports -- I just started reading her first one, and you're right, she's a really good writer and fun to read!) Hope you have fun on your trip!!!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Okay you're right! Some Americans do say flapjacks. But i'm uncomfortable saying flapjacks since some people use it as another meaning :laughing: I say either pancakes, or if I'm using my grandpa's terminology, hot cakes.

WHAT does flapjack mean other than oaty syrupy goodness.....?!

Woah that is quite the accent! So would you say you (From where you're from) sound much different from like where Lu is from? I find all your accents fascinating and lovely :love: Except for perhaps the Liverpool accent :lmao:

The people from my town (Sheffield) speak very differently to the people where Lu is from (Newcastle) Do you know the Arctic Monkeys? They're from Sheffield! This is our accent, although I'm no where near as strong as these guys, and people have told me I don't have an accent, just certain "twangs" on certain words :confused3

I jumped the gun and didn't read your sentence completely and pretty much screamed to DH in horror that Flame tree was closed for good...oops :blush:

I love that the closure of Flame Tree BBQ made you scream in horror :rotfl::rotfl2: that is some serious Flame Tree enthusiasm :lmao:

I showed this to DH and without hesitation was like, 'No radio' and went right back to his phone. Like WT-actual-H? I couldn't get toaster out of my mind so that's all I saw :laughing:

He seems to be correct!

:rotfl2::lmao: Speaking of beard trimmings, I saw this on Shark Tank and as ridiculous as it looks, I bet it works!

shark-tank-beard-king-cuts-deep-for-lori-grenier-2016-images-jpg.189915

WE. NEED. THIS. NOW.

Trying to catch up here and had a great time looking at all of your beautiful photos. Thanks for posting them so we could enjoy!!

Thank you, and no problem! Glad you've been enjoying them :goodvibes

Yay! Love your reports. They are probably some of the best I've read on the DIS! Can't wait for our 'Ohana dinner in December! Your pics made me drool!

Thanks so much! :goodvibes Sorry this is so late, but did you enjoy 'Ohana in December??!

Not sure how I missed this update?! You must have posted it right after I commented last LOL

GIRL I have been logged out for MONTHS, I think I can forgive you :rotfl: Where is your Christmas TR please?? Yes I am reappearing after months, and I DEMAND to know where your TR is :rotfl:

Well that's exciting. I'll be looking to read all about it very soon. Safe travels and enjoy your trip.

Have fun Katie! I've been enjoying your report. I can't believe you're already going back!

Have a great trip!!! See you there!!!!!

Have a GREAT TRIP!!! You too, @pkondz!!! I'm not jealous at all! :rolleyes1

Have an awesome trip, Katie! Your trip reports are the best. Looking forward to your next one.

Have an amazing trip! I can't wait to read about it and hopefully we'll see you there :banana:

Hope your travels went well, and you're enjoying your trip! Can't wait to read about it :)

All caught up!! Just found your trip report and you are hilarious!! Love love love it!

Welcome back, Katieeeeeee! How was your trip this month? :hyper:

Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Thanks everyone!!!! Sorry it's been so long! I just started the new TR if anyone is interested :goodvibes Link below!

JAMBO! - September 2016

Sooooo....this is stalker-ish but I saw you!

And was WAY to shy to say hi.

I was the one at Whispering Canyon who gave you a huge smile (in recognition) as I walked with my parents to the table next to you. Then realized when I got there that of course you wouldn't know me! So I awkwardly sat down and tried to be invisible the rest of the meal. My parents thought that this was all hilarious, BTW.

Here's my proof:

View attachment 197204

I super swear I am not a stalker!

Omg that is crazy, that we were at the same restaurant at the exact same time on the exact same day - and seated right next to each other - what are the chances! And you should've said hello!! Did you have a nice trip?

:lmao: This is hilarious.
You should have walked over and said hi!

Just turn around right in front of me and say "Hi Katie!" :wave: :rotfl:

:rotfl: Fantastic! Great that you had a chance run in with the infamous little Katie! I completely understand not saying hello and finding it awkward. I probably would be the same way. Either that or I would be like
View attachment 197237
and Katie would be wondering who the lunatic was dancing around for no apparent reason!

Haha don't feel awkward I'm nice! (I think!) :laughing:

Did you get bread pudding and/or a new phone case?! I've just followed a bunch of your TR threads, you are on fire! How were your September / December trips? And you're going again this month??! Holy cow!!

I have to go back through when I get home from work and comment on this one! I did get bread pudding! I wasn't a fan of the rest of the meal though sadly. I had a Haunted Mansion phone case for awhile I ordered it online in Nov, but in Jan I had to get a new phone. I just have a boring case on this one so I'll be looking for a new one in may (probably the same one but for this size phone). Yay! They were fun! Well I got sick again in Sep so it wasn't all I had hoped, but Dec was definitely awesome! And yes we're going back this week! We're Ap holders this year :thumbsup2

I found your TR right after you went MIA lol and I binge read both of them. And then read them another 50 times because I loved them so much. You and Jaimie are so cute and I love your sense of humor. I'm so glad you're back and congrats on the new job! Going to go follow your new one now.

Real life update

Hello there :wave:
It’s been a while!

I'm not sure if anyone will still be here, but I want to finally write about my latest trip to Disney!!
However I have that overwhelming feeling of "unfinished business", so I'd like to quickly get this one finished first!

Sorry I didn't check in here for so long, and I appreciate your messages of concern! :hug:
Nothing to worry about over here, life is actually pretty great!

Before our September 2016 visit to WDW I wasn’t too happy with work, so I decided that after our trip I would dedicate all of my free time to finding a new job.
This website had the ability to eat up my entire evenings (clearly I lack any self control), so I logged out and committed myself to some real life happiness!

I got home late September, applied like crazy, and began interviewing in late November/early December.
As luck would have it, I landed the job that was number one on my list of applications!
So, if anyone is interested, I now work in clinical trials research at my local (Russell Group) university!

:cheer2:

I started on January 3rd, and was definitely thrown in at the deep end.
There’s been a lot to learn and it’s been busy, but I’m really enjoying it!

So that’s where I’ve been!
And now I’m back to finish this report, and start the next one!

I think what I’ll do is quickly write and post the rest of this trip,
Then post the start of the next one,
Then come back here to reply to old comments,
Then attempt to catch up on some of your threads!
Then reply to any new comments that may or may not come through.
I have no idea if anyone will still care about this, but like I said, I feel the need to finish it, if anything just for me to be able to look back on :goodvibes

Then I'll be able to focus on the new one!

If you want to head straight over to the new one, feel free to do so!

JAMBO! - September 2016

YAY let’s do this!

:banana:
You're back! Woot!

I'm not sure if anyone will still be here, but I want to finally write about my latest trip to Disney!!

I'm still here! And I finally have time to catch up and comment now that I'm home from work.

I got home late September, applied like crazy, and began interviewing in late November/early December.
As luck would have it, I landed the job that was number one on my list of applications!
So, if anyone is interested, I now work in clinical trials research at my local (Russell Group) university!

Congrats!

On October 3rd, Jamie asked me what day it was.

“It’s Kona Café day.”

:rotfl:

Soon it was time to get ready for our meal at the California Grill!

You're dress is so cute!

It’s Magic Kingdom extra magic hours until 2am!!
Nothing makes me happier than late nights at the Magic Kingdom.

I don't think we've ever been when things are open that late, I wish we were!

We arrived at 2:30pm, and Jamie bought us both express passes for the day to try and get as much done as possible.
The woman who sold them to us looked at us like we were crazy :laughing:

I don't think we've ever needed them in September, but Josh is spoiled now so we have to stay at hotels with EP :laughing:

The girl at the front loved that we’d played 7 times in one hour.

I really want to do this on our next trip!

Apparently on event nights like today, guests with two-park tickets, and HHN guests can enter Diagon Alley between 5 and 6.

It's the best time to go in there! When we do HHN we always go to Diagon Alley first and walk on Gringotts and such.

I was looking around the shop while Jamie paid, when a guy stumbled out of the ride exit into the shop, PROJECTILE VOMITTED ALL OVER THE FLOOR, THEN RAN OFF.
Ugh it was horrendous.

:crazy2:

There was no one else around this area!
We were all alone.

So cool! I've never been in there at night before.

This was kind of the main reason we came to Hollywood Studios, because I heard this was closing, like, TOMORROW.
But thank goodness that seemed to be a HEINOUS rumour :sad2:

I was so glad that was a rumor too!

SMASH MOUTH.

:cheer2:

I was just listening to them the other day :rotfl:

One of my favourite things happened on this cruise that I’d never seen before.
Our skipper told us he had a way of making a hippo leave us alone.
He said,
“This has worked with all of my ex-girlfriends…
I LOVE YOU! I’M READY FOR COMMITMENT!”
OMG, I was dying, it was so funny.

:rotfl2:

Settles in and gets down to work...

On October 3rd, Jamie asked me what day it was.

“It’s Kona Café day.”

That's not how that goes!!! Oh, nevermind.

We had an 8:45am breakfast ADR.
YAWN but YAY.

:laughing: Happy in the face of adversity.

Holy crap! That's for one person???

This sums up what I thought of the whole experience.
I call this shot, “Tired, But Worth It.”

30711629944_163a279ea0_b.jpg

I call this shot "adorable as always".

Can you guess where we’re having dinner tonight?
I’ll give you a clue…

31552803735_80f077c6d6_b.jpg

31514652536_317038f12f_b.jpg

31514644026_61dc3d265c_b.jpg

Okay! I got it now! Boma!!!

No?

We’re eating at the California Grill tonight!

Dang! I was soooo close!

So instead we had our first ride on Sum of all Thrills!

I liked that ride. So much better than the boring paint by numbers thing they have now.

The best part was watching the little video stream of Jamie’s head in the simulator compartment next to me. :laughing:

:laughing: Hoping to see him turn green?

After going on the ride we joined the manatee presentation.
Oh look, they weigh the same as Jamie and I do after two weeks at Disney.

:lmao:

Clown fish flash mob!!

Then we left The Seas and found the condescending seahorse!
This is how the CM looked at me when I was “38 minutes early”…

:laughing: Not a good look to get.

It was pretty busy so Jamie said “let’s just get the two that sound the nicest, rather than trying them all.”

So of course I got him the Beverley.

And he fell for it again???? :rotfl:

He did not remember that little trick from last year.
PAY MORE ATTENTION BOY.

:laughing:
Please tell me he fell for it again in 2016.

And here’s one that I made, which had a terrible score but I don’t care because it looks COOL.
Please do not question how the wheels work, thanks.

No questions asked. Looks perfectly feasible.

Ahh nice tidy room :goodvibes

Why doesn't that happen at home???
They should sell Mousekeepers.

You look very nice, Katie.

The check in guy asked me if it was really my birthday and I said it was on the 16th, but we’re leaving soon, and he was very happy for me that I got to celebrate at Disney so close to my birthday :goodvibes
He also appreciated my honesty :laughing:

Oh, good! Now I know how to lie to them.

We sat at the bar to wait for our table, but it was ready before we could order.
And it was covered in confetti!!!

Nice!

We had a GREAT table.
It wasn’t a window table, but still a castle view, even while the blinds were halfway down.

That's a really nice view. Seriously.

While we were waiting for our entrees Jamie made a Mickey Mouse out of the confetti.

The boy may not pay attention, but he has other talents.

Wow! That looks amazingly delicious.

Cute shot!

DIS TIP: If you eat here earlier in the evening, you can actually come back later, show your receipt, and watch the fireworks from the observation deck!
We haven’t done this yet but it’s a nice option.

Good to know. Don't know if I'll ever eat there, but.... good to know.

When I got back, Shannon was just setting down a free congratulatory crème brûlée, as well as the chocolate pudding..!!!!

Score!!! (and want)

It’s Magic Kingdom extra magic hours until 2am!!
Nothing makes me happier than late nights at the Magic Kingdom.

::yes::

I have a really vivid memory of this monorail trip. A family got in our car, and grandma had to get out to let a scooter in, so she ended up going to the next car down because we were pretty full.
The little boy was really worried about her disappearance, and cried the whole way, screaming for his “Nay Nay”.
So I remember this journey really well, due to the constant (amusing) wailing of,
“NAYYYY NAYYYYY, NAAAAYYYY NAAAAAAY”

:laughing: Poor li'l gaffer.
But makes me think of John Pinette.

Also, as we were exiting the monorail, a guy turned to me and said,
“Love the trip reports!”
GAHH!
YAY!

Nice! I'd love to have that happen... just once!
But.... nope.

He also asked Jamie if he’d had success maxing out his score on Buzz this year, which Jamie loved!
He likes to be recognised as the hero that he is.

::yes:: Of course!

:) Love that shot! He looks just too happy!

I enjoy this video.
Listen to how disappointed we are when the ride comes to an end :laughing:

Ugh. At work. Videos will have to wait.

That is a seriously good photo.

When we exited Philharmagic there was a huge leak coming from the Philharmagic wall?!?
It was gushing out and there was water ALL over Fantasyland!
How odd.

It's part of Disney's new immersive experience.

After Wishes we rode It’s a Small World!

I'm so sorry. Did someone dare you?

That's spelled "annoying" but I consider it more "terrifying".

We saw a woman with a stroller walking past worrying she wouldn’t get a spot, so we scooted up and she sat down on the floor next to us with the stroller behind us.

Nice of you. :)

She said she didn’t want any compensation, but Disney had insisted, and they gave her a new stroller to keep, about 10 fastpasses, and let her daughter pick out two plush toys from the Emporium!!

Darn. Wish I'd known. My kids are too old now for strollers. But I could've put Kay in one when she was four, I suppose and shoved her off a curb or down some stairs or something.
Opportunity lost.

So sad.

Just before the parade started we saw a proposal at the Partners statue just behind us!
YAY.

Awwww...

Then it was time for
THE MAINNN STREET ELECTRICALLL PARAAAADE.

So glad I saw it one last time before it went away.

We wanted to ride Astro Orbiter as we’d never done it before.

Nor have I. And...

Ugh it was horrible.

... don't think I will.

I like this attention to detail:

sheep.gif

31514102286_c9ab30faec_b.jpg

Whoa. That is very astute of you.

We didn’t call the front desk because WE ARE PROBLEM SOLVERS so we fixed it eventually, but we were so exhausted going to bed. It was a very late night!!

Way to problem solve!
(Or was it more "I'm too embarrassed to call. Just fix it!!!")

During the game I went to Captain Cooks and got us both a big kahuna sandwich each!

31181058320_7055b7d5c3_b.jpg

Holy crap! That thing is a. huge. b. amazing looking.

Yes we are a couple of twenty-somethings, at Disney World, eating cookies and drinking milk.
We’re not giant children I swear.
OK maybe we are.

Yes. Yes you are. It's why we like reading your TRs.

We went straight to ET as it was closed last time we were here.

I didn't know it was still there!
DW and I still talk about it.... from about 20+ years ago.

We made great use of those express passes guys… Totally worth it.

31406440532_28feb4bf6b_b.jpg

Obviously. A wise investment.

Why does this dragon always try to melt my ice cream as soon as I step outside!

Karma. You obviously were cruel to dragons at some time.

We took our ice cream to the steps up the side of Gringotts.
This is a nice place to sit away from everyone.

And prevent people from walking up and down.

There was literally NO ONE there, they were sending empty cars!
We got one all to ourselves!

Nice! Good score!

They’re very strict on loose items at Dragon Challenge.
I think there was an accident here a while ago.

::yes:: There was. A couple, I believe.

We put everything in the locker and went back through the line, but I realised I still had a lip balm in my pocket..
I thought meh, it should be fine, right?
WRONG!
There are metal detectors up the line and everything.
Back down to the lockers we go.
We had to open it and take everything out and move it to a different locker, BAH.

Whoops! Well... Betting you won't make that mistake again!

They told us they were from Alabama and I asked if they drove here.
One of them replied “Yes, did you?”

We got our stuff from the locker… And Jamie’s phone was missing!
We freaked out because we realised he’d probably left it in the first locker when we moved everything, and that locker was now in use…
Thankfully a kind stranger had handed it in to the member of staff there!
Ugh I love people.

You'd think from all the negative news that there are no decent people left in the world. I prefer to think that the vast majority are better than that.

So what do you when you’re feeling motion-sick?
Ride Forbidden Journey, of course.
Logic.

Makes perfect sense.

I was looking around the shop while Jamie paid, when a guy stumbled out of the ride exit into the shop, PROJECTILE VOMITTED ALL OVER THE FLOOR, THEN RAN OFF.

:eek: You are kidding me! No way!!! Gross!!!!

I totally get the shock. Who paints their car camo?

I was worried meeting me and @pkondz scared you away! It would be understandable! ::yes:: :laughing:

@BibbitybobityLu That's what I thought I'd done to you and Katie.

pkondz meets two lovely ladies from across the pond. Both never return to the DIS ever again.

We were really hungry so our first stop was ABC Commissary.
We both got the cheese and bacon burger.
We got one with fries, and one with broccoli, and shared.
I always hear “Disney fries are the best fries”, but really Disney broccoli is where it’s at.
It feels good to balance out all of the salty Disney food.

You guys are weird.
Didn't you know that ordering broccoli with burgers is a crime in some parts of North America?

Only place I know that celebrates defacing public property.

I spotted my beloved Backlot Tour, which made me sad because it’s now closed forever.

:sad2:

I had just experienced it at Disneyland Paris though so IT’S FINE, I’M FINE.

Katie. You're not fine.

We got onto Star Tours and the rebel spy was sat RIGHT BEHIND ME.
I need my “I am the rebel spy” t shirt, WHY IS STAR TOURS SO CRUEL TO ME.

Middle row. 2nd from left.
Wishes she had something fun to do.

:laughing: Wonderful shot of you! Going to get it framed?

On the way out Jamie was waving goodbye to inanimate objects, making fun of me for always saying things like “goodbye Tower of Terror”.

I really didn’t want to go to sleep tonight because tomorrow was our last full day, so we would be waking up to a Tragical Express notice hanging from our door.

I don't know why they do that. Leave us alone! We're sad enough!

As I’d anticipated, we woke up to this monstrosity.

33952471230_3a46af7510_c.jpg

ugh. horrid.

I ate some of my magical cookie bar from the Wilderness Lodge for breakfast and it was delicious.

33952454330_e551a31ee6_b.jpg

Nope! Coconut. nope nope nope nope

Umm.... hang on.....

Nope.

Jamie’s cashier was very chirpy and enthusiastic, so he joked that she obviously had a crush on him.
He came to the conclusion that all of the CMs have a crush on him, because they all smile and wave at him all the time.

What if he's right?

This was so great, I’ve never had so much character interaction during a parade in my life!

A Beauty and the Beast dancer waved at me,
Elsa pointed to my side braid, and motioned that it was just like hers,
FLYNN RIDER BLEW ME A KISS.
And a bunch of characters came right up to us.

Nice! Glad you got some good interactions! :)

But my favourite was Captain Hook, who made a heart shape with his hand and pointed at me, so I did the same back to him, to which he kicked his leg out towards me.
Jamie said the kick was him rejecting my heart shape I made to him!

Well hello there!

and Jamie wanted to design some cars at the Test Track exit.

The boy may not pay attention... but he's not a quitter.

Yeah. That's a very cute shot of you guys. :)

I’d had it before, and I’d forgotten that this thing just doesn’t fit in my mouth :laughing: it’s very big.

Um... you post that when Lu reads this?

Oh, I'll just say it.

That's what she said!

We stopped off at Club Cool for a Vegita Beta and a melon drink, then headed to the America pavilion for…

No Beverly?

SMASH MOUTH.

Nice!

The show ended at about 7:20pm so we went back to Test Track, and Jamie got 226!

34205500401_4ddeee4834_b.jpg

34336057795_ed76b3e70b_b.jpg

BUT SOMEONE HAD NOW GOT 230.

:lmao: He can't win! Except...

And he managed to get 230, which replaced the older 230 on the big screen!

... he did! Good for him. Persistence pays off!

We stopped off at the lounge to get some diet coke and desserts.

Oxymoron.

The chocolate tart was my favourite!

Who doesn't like a nice tart?

But we were walking under the train station just as the Cinderella float was going by, and Jamie shouted,
“Drizella!!!”
and did the goofiest run into the Magic Kingdom you have ever seen.

:laughing: Did he catch her?

We found a crossing in Frontierland by Splash Mountain that would take us to Adventureland, so we stood there and waited for the signal to cross from the CM.

Then I realised that the CM was @courtneybelle !!

No way!
Too bad she didn't see you.

Our skipper told us he had a way of making a hippo leave us alone.
He said,
“This has worked with all of my ex-girlfriends…
I LOVE YOU! I’M READY FOR COMMITMENT!”
OMG, I was dying, it was so funny.
I love self-deprecating humour.

After the Jungle Cruise it was time for a NUTELLA WAFFLE from Sleepy Hollow.
This is definitely up there in my favourites.
Not favourite Disney desserts.
Just favourite things out of everything that exists in this world.

I'm not a fan of Nutella... but maybe I have to give this a chance.

Jamie got an ice cream cookie sandwich, it was ginormous!

::yes:: And sooooo good.

Yay! But sadness for the last Wishes of the trip.

And sadness that there's no more Wishes.

A really enthusiastic CM was scanning magic bands, and she said to the young girl in front of us,
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLEN!!!”
To which little Ellen looked at her completely deadpan and said in the grumpiest tone,
“… It’s not my birthday.”

We burst out laughing, and thankfully so did the CM :laughing:

:laughing: Kids. Funny... and when injured, good for FPs.

\

Just smile and wave. :)

We were absolutely baffled by the magic mirror that turns into a door at the start.
HOW.

Isn't that thing cool!?!?

Our trip came to the absolute perfect ending when our very own Hymie was chosen to be a guard in the show!!!

34178129542_150e49f814_b.jpg

Nice! Looks like he took the role seriously, too.

Then we went to meet Ariel!
She had A LOT to tell us! :laughing:
She was dumbfounded that we use dinglehoppers to eat with, and she was grossed out when I warned her that we eat greasy food that she could be brushing into her hair :laughing:

I trust she mentioned me. Right? Right????

We went back to our room and watched a 30 minute video on how the Enchanted Tales Mirror works :laughing:

:laughing: I should do the same. No idea how it works.

It’s our last morning waking up at Walt Disney World!!!
Everything is terrible.

The worst. Even worse when you have to wake up at 3am and leave right away.
Total suckage.

Hidden Mickeys.

34178204032_32af180e95_b.jpg

Nope. Not seeing them! :rolleyes:

Every year the weather on leaving day reflects our mood.
MISERABLE.

Disney knows all.

We reluctantly left the room and reluctantly checked out downstairs.

33494807934_e3bb643763_c.jpg

You look pretty happy for reluctant. Pout more.

We’d missed our fastpass for Buzz earlier, but the CM at the fastpass kiosk rescheduled it for us, to right now!
That saved us a 25 minute line, WOO.

I had no idea they could do that. Very nice!

He would be leaving Walt Disney World in a blaze of glory today!!!
999,999!

All right Jamie! Way to go!

Classic.

We hadn’t seen the trolley show yet!

Still haven't seen it. And...

I know I always say how much I love everything, and everything is my favourite, but it all really is my favourite.
I LOVE the autumn trolley show.

... I do know how much you love it.

Two turkey sandwiches, one with fries and one with beans.
Why are we so boring.
I DON'T CARE I LOVE IT.

:laughing: Why mess with it if it works?

The girl in front of us and the two boys in the front do not look like they’re having fun..!

33494795414_e44c3a821e_c.jpg

:laughing: And poor Jamie. Too terrified to look.

Jamie found his favourite bear in the Splash gift shop.
He had been cuddling this at the Wilderness Lodge too.

33952544890_3eaeabb0af_c.jpg

Please tell me you guys bought it.

Jamie was getting very warm and appreciated being able to sit down in this rocking chair :laughing:

33525936663_a4fac61a32_c.jpg

He looks a trifle.... burned out.

Here’s the one I have! It's from 1963, and I found it in an old second hand book shop in a tiny town near my house when I was about 7 years old.

That is seriously cool. Nice find!

We got the boat back to the Poly, and our captain was hilarious!
He kept saying things like,

“Ladies and Gentlemen, we will be arriving at Disney Springs in approximately 45 minutes.”
And
“We are about to dock at Art of Animation and Pop Century resorts.”

Thankfully there didn’t seem to be any panicked first time visitors on the boat!

We got off the boat and walked around to the Luau cove, since we hadn’t ventured round there yet

What?!?!? You waited this long???? What is wrong with you???

Then we went to sit on the quiet beach.
There were some pretty trees around there!

Which Katie, in her despondency, chopped down with her bare hands.

So I got up to take his picture, and he just sat there like this…

Perfectly normal at this sad time.

I wandered in and out taking some final photos.

There's that word. "final"

boo.

We had a lot of luggage! I'll admit most of it was mine.

He just had the backpack, right?

It was very sad.
I always cry on the Magical Express back to the airport.
I just sat there quietly watching the video.
SADNESS.

:hug:

Our plane was delayed a little, so we shared a vanilla bean frap and found a seat by our gate.

The only thing I get at Starbucks!
Ask for it "double blended" and you don't get the big ice chunks that don't fit in the straw.

It was a very turbulent flight!
A woman had to come up to premium economy and sit with an oxygen mask for a while!

Whoa. No one was hurt, though, I hope?

“Oh, I know someone from there. IT’S A SMALL WORLD.”

:sad2: Dude. Now is not the time.

Stan was so excited to see me he jumped at me as I walked through the door and crashed into my face, splitting my lip!!!
Even though I was bleeding, it was a very cute welcome home!!

Ouch! But... dogs are the best.

He was even holding it like an ice cream!

Thanks for a wonderful report, Katie!
On to the next one!!

That's just so funny...and totally something I would do too...sigh. But I'm hoping that the people here are as friendly IRL as they are on this board...so...I really hope I would actually have the nerve to say hi lol...

I'm friendly! :flower3: I'm sure two strangers who love Walt Disney World can find plenty to talk about!

Not just in your mind.
I think we all feel like that.

princess:

At the end of their dinner, a family came over to look at a hidden mickey in the fireplace decorative grill and they practically climbed all over her and Jamie's table. Both of them were nice the whole time, even though it was a little bizarre. Who doesn't want random children climbing through one's dessert?

Omg YES they did!! They ended up pointing to what we all thought was the hidden Mickey, but we actually found the real one a bit later :thumbsup2 sucks that they were long gone by then though.

This is what I was afraid was going to come out of my mouth:

"Look! There you are! I totally added this ADR because I read your trip report where you talk about loving the food and sitting in the back and look, here we are together, eating the food that you love in the back just like you said isn't that awesome? And look, there is Jamie, or should I say "Hymie"? Which do you prefer? Because we're going to be besties now and I don't want to be calling you by the wrong name the whole time we are sitting next to you practically eating together. You know, why don't we just scootch our tables together because, of course, you are going to want to sit with us now that you know that we're here and we know you! And well, you are responsible for us being here. Hopefully the food is as good as you say. Haha. No pressure. J/k. But really, this better be good because my dad is really not into the shenanigans that are happening in the main room because he's grumpy. Haha. In really life. Not the actual dwarf. Omigod! I can't believe I'm standing here talking to you. In Disney World. Life is fun, isn't it? Oh, haha, I haven't even introduced myself? You don't recognize me? It's Jenna - Dexlabdeedee from the DISBoards. No? Well, that's okay, you're probably just as speechless to meet me as I am to meet you! Haha.

So. Now that we've met. What are we going to be doing together tomorrow?"

"Hi! I know you!" <stare stare stare stare stare. Still awkwardly staring with nothing coming out of my mouth. Aaaand, I want to die.>

OK, I would've found either of these situations funny :laughing:

And died at this because I'm pretty sure I would call him Hymie too! :laughing:

He loves a Hymie greeting :rotfl:

Has anyone heard from Katie since she got back? I wonder how she is doing. I hope all is good.

Katie where are you? We miss you and need a dose of you and your fabulous trip report...and Hymie too. I hope you had a fantastic trip.

WE miss you! Come back soon Katie!

Helllooooooo out there....

Is anybody else worried? :worried: I haven't seen her post on Instagram since October 12th. Not like our chatty Katie.

Probably scared away by people taking random pictures of her while eating dinner...:P:P:P

We miss you Katie! Hope things are well on your side of the pond and hope to see you back on the DIS soon :hug:

Hope things are ok, Katie! Miss seeing your fun trip report entries!

Who would DO such a thing?? :rotfl:

I'm also a little concerned too. I hope that it's just the Disney blues and a busy life keeping her away!

@pkondz, do you have a way of knowing if she's okay? I don't want to pry, I don't want details, just want to make sure that she's alive and well.

Katie hasn't posted on Instagram since November 1st. :(

I have Katie as a friend on Snapchat and she has been posting regularly on her "My Story," so she seems to be alive and well as far as I know :)

Great news guys! I've been Snapchatting back and forth with Katie and she said that she has been really busy lately because she's looking for a new job! But she says that she misses the DIS and will be back soon! :goodvibes

Thanks to @Mollydolly334 for passing my message along!

Sorry to everyone who was concerned about me, these messages really mean a lot! :flower3: I maybe should've written a quick note to say that I was logging off, but at the time I didn't know how long I would be off for. I mean, some places advertise jobs on Monday, review your application on Tuesday, invite you to an interview on Wednesday, and offer you the job on Thursday, ...right?! :laughing: At least I had been writing these last updates over the past couple of months, so when I was ready to log back in I could post post post! ...and post a few more times :rotfl: Thanks you for all of your messages :grouphug: big love <3

Just read your entire trip report (and your last one) over the last couple days, can't wait to see the rest and future trip reports from you!

We're thinking of doing the Poly next year for our trip and I think our trip report has me convinced to do it.

Wow, you got through a lot of my waffling in a short amount of time! :rotfl: Thanks for reading, and I'm glad you've enjoyed them! The new trip report is finally up if you're still interested :goodvibes sorry this reply is so long overdue - but YES you should definitely go for the Poly, did you decide to do it??! In my opinion it is the best hotel location, because of how easy it is to walk to the TTC to get a monorail to Epcot, and of course just a boat or monorail ride to MK. Spoiler alert for my last trip - AKL transport was not so great..!! It made me really appreciate the Poly :goodvibes

Hi Katie!:wave2:
I haven't been on the DIS in a while but I'm back and all caught up with your TR!

Honestly girl where have you been, I'm so disappointed in you :sad2: :laughing: sure I've been missing for months but whatevz. :thumbsup2 Are you going to write a TR about your trip last summer??!

Aw! Every time my family and I go to WL, we always take a picture under totem pole as well! Great picture, it came out very well.

Great minds think alike! :thumbsup2

YUM! I love that skillet! It's making me hungry looking at it right now!

It's so good! Thinking about it makes me hungry :lovestruc

I love you and Jamie's MNSSHP, simple and adorable! Also great shot with Lotso. That would be a great character to meet one day! Where was he exactly?

Aww thank you! Lotso meets at the Halloween party in Tomorrowland, between Buzz and Carousel of Progress :goodvibes

I am loving all your updates and am looking forward to reading more!
Also, I hope your most recent trip went well, I can't wait to hear all about that one as well!

I just posted about a million updates to both this and the new TR if you're still interested!

Wow, what a great trip report! Love all the pictures. The picture of you and your family with the Winnie the Pooh characters is amazing! Also, loved the picture of you with Mary Poppins. Looks like you had a fantastic trip! Thanks for sharing :)

Thank you! Glad you've enjoyed it :goodvibes

Glad to hear all is well!! Can't wait to hear more about the trip--come back soon!

I just got done reading both of your trip reports! I'm hooked :) I'm in love with all of the memes and gifs lol! Can't wait to read more when you come back!

Thank you both! This TR is FINALLY complete!! :laughing: :goodvibes

Hi Katie, we all still miss you. Happy New Year, and hoping to see you back here real soon.

Hope you're having a great 2017 so far?! :banana:

Wow, what a trip! I am normally more of a lurker where TRs are concerned, but I'm trying to make more of an effort to post replies :) I am insanely jealous of your time in DL Paris--it's always been a dream of mine to visit! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your magical trip!!

Hey, thanks for your comment! Glad you're enjoying the report :goodvibes and I actually got back from Disneyland Paris again in March! They're doing some very cool stuff over there for the 25th anniversary :goodvibes I hope you get to go there sometime!

Long time reader, first time poster but I just wanted to say

YAY!!!!! She's back!!!

And congrats on the new job.

YAY!! :rotfl:Thanks so much! Glad to be back :banana:

You're back!:banana:

tumblr_mu5haba2iD1siejo9o1_500.gif

I was worried meeting me and @pkondz scared you away! It would be understandable! ::yes:: :laughing:

So happy you are back! I missed you! :hug:

Kudos on the new job :thumbsup2
And OMG girl! Look at all these updates! :earseek:

I'm back! And you're back! I'm so happy that you're not still MIA too, I would've been so disappointed :sad2: hahah I POSTED EVERYTHIN I GOT! It is an outrageous amount of posts, please feel free to just pretend you've read it all and move on :lmao:

Yaaayyy I'm so happy your back to finish up this TR! I can't wait to start the next one!

WOO me too!! Thanks so much for reading :goodvibes

Ahhhhh!!!! All the updates! I should be doing my homework, but how can I???

Congrats on the new job! I'm glad to hear that is what was keeping you away. :flower1:

Hahaha thank you!! And I guess you can do what I always did and look at some nice Disney pictures to inspire you to work hard on your homework?! Or create a similar excuse to take a study break :laughing:

Totally enjoying all these updates! Binge (reading) fest! And even better cause you are seemingly posting them 'live' as I read lol. :dogdance:

If you were reading everything that I posted - that definitely constitutes a binge-reading fest! Sorry for the insane amount of updates :laughing: hope you're enjoying it!

RUN AWAY!!! IT'S A GHOST!!!

View attachment 234660

:laughing: So glad to see you back and hear about your new job. It's good to hear that things have been going well. Many of us are still here and I'm enjoying your updates.

tumblr_mym0w7HMQp1t4f771o1_400.gif

Thank you! Glad you're still enjoying, although I posted a ridiculous amount of updates in one go, maybe not the best idea :rotfl:

Congrats on the new job!!!!

Love the updates! So excited for your new trip report too!

You two are so cute!!

Thank you! :goodvibes Glad you're enjoying it, and sorry I just posted so much at once, it's quite an effort to go through :laughing:

Yay! You're back!! Loving your updates and congrats on the new job!!

Yaay thank you!! :goodvibes

I'm sorry, who are you?

0000wonderful1.gif

Welcome back, Katie!!!

tumblr_mxitcrWFZg1t3wuiuo1_400.gif

Fantastic! Very happy for you! :goodvibes

Aww thank you! :goodvibes

So nice to see you again!
I don't have time right now to read all the updates, but I'll be back ASAP to do so!
Again, so nice to have you back! :)

I think you have now and I will get to your comment soon! :laughing:

So much fun! I'm a lurker but I love your TRs and am so glad you're back to finish this one. Looks like a wonderful trip!

Yay thanks for commenting! Glad you've enjoyed it :goodvibes

Welcome back, Katie! I've missed your reports. I will say waking up this morning to your updated report made for a happy Monday here in Minnesota. I've been flopping back and forth between reading your posts and working. I've enjoyed following your adventure! Looking forward to the next one.

Thank you! I'm happy to be back! :goodvibes and happy that you've enjoyed this TR! The next one is up and running, finally :goodvibes

KATIE!!!!!!:jumping1:

It's so great to see you back here! I hope all is going well with you. Congratulations on your new job, that is fantastic!!!party:

I also took some time off from the DIS, I've been busy with school work and everything, but I'll be home for summer break is a little over a week so I'm very excited!!!

I really enjoyed reading the end of your TR! It sounded like such a wonderful time!

I'm going to head over to your new TR right away!:goodvibes

ALISON!!! :cool1::cool1:

Thanks so much! Ahh so maybe that explains why you haven't written about your last trip yet? Summer break sounds lovely, how long do you have off? Any plans?!

Yay see you on the new TR hopefully! :goodvibes

Omg, I neee to to go WDW right now.

Awesome trip report Katie! I can't wait to read all about your next one.

Thank you for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very nice. Thanks for all the lovely pictures and the entertaining read.

Hey, thank YOU for reading! Glad you enjoyed it :goodvibes

Welcome Back and thank you for sharing this incredible trip with us. It's always so sad when they come to an end but you've already got the next one going. I'm heading there next to read about your 3 week trip.

Wonderful report. Thanks again. :wave:

Thankfully I take my sweet time writing, so that by the time one TR comes to an end, a new one is ready to start! :rotfl:Thanks for reading, and see you on the new TR! :goodvibes

All this Disney and a Weimey too.......................I love it. I have been doing Disney since 1974 and have had a Weim in my life most of those years.

Amazing that you're a fan of the Weims!!! Most people give me a blank stare when I tell them what breed he is :confused: he's our second, we love them. Does Crufts air in America? If not, it's a huge dog show, and Stan's dad has won Best of Breed for the last 3 years, and came 4th is Best Gundog last year! Stan is definitely not well behaved enough to follow in his footsteps though :rotfl:

Yay! You're back! I definitely just binge-read all the way to the end. :laughing:

Yay I hope you enjoy! If you manage to wade through the millions of posts :laughing:

OMG I'M A HUFFLEPUFF TOO! :banana:

WOO GO PUFFS! :banana:

I absolutely loved your TR--you and Hymie are just adorable! Can't wait to read the next one! :D

Thank you! glad you've enjoyed it :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter