~And It All Started With a Wish...and a Quarter and a Fountain~TR link, page 32!

That's okay. Even if Seth doesn't know to be excited about a countdown calendar, we know what fun he is in store for. :wizard:

He's so cute, as always.

Luke looks like he is plenty happy with counting down. He knows what it means! :laughing:

I'm like you and so busy but I have definitely been following along...although it has taken me this long to catch up to end of August posts! Looking forward to the TR!!

I didn't realize Cape May had crab legs!! We haven't been there in 2 years but they didn't all the times we went in the past. I will definitely have to tell Ray...we stopped going b/c it's boring for the kids but I may just have to make a res for Jan!! :thumbsup2

I didn't realize Cape May had crab legs!! We haven't been there in 2 years but they didn't all the times we went in the past. I will definitely have to tell Ray...we stopped going b/c it's boring for the kids but I may just have to make a res for Jan!! :thumbsup2

Me either! This is definitely going on our list! :thumbsup2

Dawn! Yall are SO close to the trip! YAY!!

Just thought I'd stop by to celebrate that we are now at 16 days!!!!!! :dance3:

And also to share some pictures of Seth's 1st birthday with you guys. We had a ton of fun, but were exhausted afterwards....birthday boy, mommy and daddy all! Seth had everyone cracking up. He is getting to where he dances with any kind of music and when people laugh, he laughs along with them, even if he has no clue what he's laughing at. And that makes them laugh more! :lmao:

This was our big present to him (um....besides a trip to Disney World). It's a Thomas the Train table and Ray got it on craigslist for $75, which apparently is really good. They supposedly retail for something like $250. Ray is really pushing the Thomas stuff, which is fine, except I asked him why he chose such an expensive hobby!

DSC07362.jpg

The spread....

DSC07378.jpg

DSC07379.jpg

The star of the show!

DSC07383.jpg

Opening some presents (he loaded up!!!)....

DSC07412.jpg

DSC07420.jpg

DSC07423.jpg

DSC07430.jpg

DSC07441.jpg

DSC07450.jpg

At this point he was done with presents and wanted to play, so I was on my own....

DSC07463.jpg

Lightning McQueen brought him back for a brief second....

DSC07467.jpg

A quick family picture before it's cake time...

DSC07478.jpg

This is his smash cake. We just got this and cupcakes for everyone else. So much easier than cutting a cake!

DSC07482.jpg

Singing Happy Birthday.... I think he was less than impressed.

DSC07492.jpg

Um.....what do you want me to do with that???

DSC07498.jpg

He dug in a little bit. But he was more interested in trying to "pick up" the stripes on the cake than destroying it. He's so funny about that kind of thing - he notices the tiny little details. And also every time he'd start to really get into it everyone would cheer and I think that kind of freaked him out, so he'd stop doing it!

DSC07505.jpg

Once or twice I picked the cake up and put it to his mouth and he'd take a bite out of it!

DSC07511.jpg

DSC07514.jpg

DSC07521.jpg

Continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=42619384&postcount=429

What the heck do you have on your face, Dad?

DSC07523.jpg

DSC07531.jpg

DSC07541.jpg

The cake....after!

DSC07554.jpg

Playing with balloons....

DSC07568.jpg

Later that night, playing with his aunt and uncle, who kept him very busy!

DSC07580.jpg

DSC07583.jpg

My dad and brother....they look so much alike here! By the way, that bandage on my brother's hand is from a severe burn he got back in May from cooking donuts at home. It was so bad!

DSC07539.jpg

Seth with his granny (my mom)...

DSC07399.jpg

The next day, Sunday, was actually his birthday. Here he is trying to share breakfast with his great-grandfather (and namesake)....

DSC07585.jpg

We decided to head up to the North Georgia Zoo, which is basically goats, sheep, pigs and chickens...oh, and a couple of llamas. Yeah, a big farm. We have Zoo Atlanta nearby but I hate to pay $22 to get in and then only stay a couple of hours, which would have been his limit the day after his birthday party b/c he was so tired! But Seth loved it and that's all that mattered that day.

DSC07595.jpg

DSC07597.jpg

Feeding the goats....

DSC07602.jpg

And the sheep....

DSC07609.jpg

DSC07618.jpg

DSC07641.jpg

Checking out the pigs!

DSC07648.jpg

This picture cracks me up b/c the goat wanted Seth's snack and Seth wasn't gonna share!

DSC07671.jpg

Oh, and I have to share these. We were trying to get a good picture of my dad's side of the family before they left that night, and we COULD NOT get one! It was insane. Here are some of the funnier ones....

DSC07689.jpg

DSC07692.jpg

DSC07696.jpg

DSC07697.jpg

Seth being silly....

DSC07700.jpg

Yeah, remember I said I'd share a "few"? I don't think that works with me and pictures. :rotfl:

i cant even believe Seth is 1 already! I can barely imagine meeting my daughter much less her being 1! Def enjoyed the pics tho! I cant wait to hear all about how Seth loves Disney, its in his blood!

The days are long but the years are short. How true.
Where did this year go? I have loved seeing Seth grow from a tiny baby to the toddler he is becoming.

I hope we cross paths in a couple of weeks. :goodvibes

Thank you for sharing Seth's bday pictures :goodvibes. They were so cute. Especially the ones of him in his high chair.

Those family pics are hilarious!!!! Your brother and dad look just alike, don't they?!

16 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:

Dawn,
Long time lurker here, I had to come out and say Seth is adorable! And looks so much like your DH! He has really grown! What a sweet family. Thanks so much for sharing. And a Happy Belated B-day to Seth. :goodvibes

Wow! A year old already! His birthday looked like a lot of fun for all!
In case I miss y'alls send off I wanted to say- "Have a great time and I hope Seth's first trip is magical!" :tink:

So happy you posted birthday pictures! Seth is an absolute doll! I know you must be getting beyond excited that the trip is getting so close!!

enjoyed the pics, and having a son who loves thomas the train stuff, here is a little tip.

there are many knock off brands of tracks that look almost identical some you cant even tell the difference that match up with the thomas stuff and are 100% compatible.

there is a imaginerium brand at toys r us, circo i think is target...ikea has there own.

walmart carries one and so does meijer...so you dont have to spend a ton of money on the thomas name brand ones.

also send me a PM if you want i have the names of a few people on ebay that sell authentic thomas trains and cars pretty cheap as well.

Dan - OMG...you and Ray would have a field day together. ALL HE'S BEEN DOING for the last 2 months is researching Thomas stuff. He sends me e-mails with links to ebay saying things like, "yeah, right...I'm not paying that for this," or "Holy moly, this guy doesn't know what he has....what a great deal" and it all sounds like he's speaking Chinese to me b/c I don't have a clue! :rotfl: Yeah, please send me the name or whatever. You can PM me here or just send it to me on Facebook. Thanks!

Dan - OMG...you and Ray would have a field day together. ALL HE'S BEEN DOING for the last 2 months is researching Thomas stuff. He sends me e-mails with links to ebay saying things like, "yeah, right...I'm not paying that for this," or "Holy moly, this guy doesn't know what he has....what a great deal" and it all sounds like he's speaking Chinese to me b/c I don't have a clue! :rotfl: Yeah, please send me the name or whatever. You can PM me here or just send it to me on Facebook. Thanks!

Men are so funny with that kind of stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter