And now for a change of plans-A Dec '18 Solo TR - COMPLETED 9/19

Wow how un Disney like at the hostess stand for Yachtsman!

I love all your resort pictures

I like the creepy clown pool :hyper:

I am behind on sooo many people's tr! Oye.

So, I'm going to finish up posting this day! And tomorrow, I will be checking into the Paradise Pier Hotel, and Friday morning, I'll be on Batuu! Soooo excited! (Sorry if you read my PTR or other TRs or just know me at all - I can't stop talking about it!)
I can't believe I haven't read this since then! Oye.

NYhcM8K.jpg
Very beautiful.

I love these. I might need to get one of these next time we are in DS. the girls will get a kick out of it.

I ended up getting a bunch of treats: the Goofy gingerbread cookie, the snowman macaron, the dole whip éclair, and the chocolate mousse pastry! Yeah, I went a bit overboard!
Oh, I did the same thing in Germany in May.

And the bubblegum whipped cream was just weird!
yeah, bubblegum whipped cream sounds gross.

Great Photo!

(that’s also when I realized the sunset was made with screens).
I had heard that before.

One of them knew more about rhinos than anyone else on the tour!
That was probably amazing for that kid. I want to do the elephant one, one day.

And for dessert I got the won-tons. I wasn’t as big a fan of those – it was best if you got a bite of everything together, which was hard to do since it was so big!
I didn't like the won-ton dessert either.

3LDc1rz.jpg

One thing that was cool, was the server had refilled my drink shortly before I was finished eating. Then when he brought me the check he offered to bring a to-go cup, so I was able to bring the rest of my soda with me!
They did this for Gwen when we were there, and then she proceeded to spill the entire thing before we even left!

basically I think anything near the elevators puts you in a good spot since you don't have to worry about the insanely long hallways!
When we walked to HS in May, I was saying that some of those rooms really far away are REALLY close to HS and that the line to get into HS during Galaxy's Edge might go past those rooms. But it might be perfect if that was what you were at Disney for.

That Dumbo is so sweet!

These totally remind me of the cookies my grandmother alwasys had.

I love the retro decorations they have in HS.

Def need to see this!

I actually just bought a new proper camera so I can take decent photos in Asia)
I was going to ask what did you get. But I saw your comment later on.

This is hilarious! It's like Slinky photo bombed you!

I love the girls sitting behing you.

I got a Sony RX100. J
I was looking at the Cannon M10.

And the village was super adorable! I’m definitely looking forward to staying at this resort in May (this was written prior to my trip, and I did end up really liking YC; I’d stay there again if I could get the right rate)!
Andy loved YC!!! You created a monster.

Unfortunately the lady at check-in was a bit snippy and said I’d just have to “inconvenience myself a bit longer”. Oh, well then…
blah

And said, loudly, “is it over yet?” (as in – are people done arriving so he can stop seating guests)
Ugh, I rememeber hearing about this before. That is just horrible at ANY restaurant.

And the village was super adorable! I’m definitely looking forward to staying at this resort in May (this was written prior to my trip, and I did end up really liking YC; I’d stay there again if I could get the right rate)!

Gorgeous photos, and I love the little village!! "Ocean-themed-Christmas" is such a niche theme for decor, but I've always had a soft spot for it! I'm glad you ended up liking YC during your May stay, it seems like such an underrated, darling resort!

Unfortunately the lady at check-in was a bit snippy and said I’d just have to “inconvenience myself a bit longer”. Oh, well then…

Um, ew?

giphy.gif

I checked out some of the treats they were selling at the Marketplace, but decided not to get any.

VKAVTAf.jpg

Both of those treats look like a lot of fun, though!

Shortly after I headed back to YC, arriving around the time for my ADR and I formally checked in. Though as I was waiting to be seated, one of the seating hosts came out to talk to the lady at the desk. And said, loudly, “is it over yet?” (as in – are people done arriving so he can stop seating guests)

UNgFCwi.jpg
MhfqyAU.jpg

I was definitely put off at that moment. Like really – you are going to be that rude when you know people can hear you? And people are going to be spending a lot of money there!

tenor.gif

I can't believe you encountered two extremely rude CMs at the same exact location within what, 15 minutes of each other? Yikes, yikes, yikes. I'm glad you had a great server, though! And those rolls look really great!

giphy.gif

basically I think anything near the elevators puts you in a good spot since you don't have to worry about the insanely long hallways!
I like (when staying at Values) ground floor, closest to the main building/busses. Shortest walk I can get!
I snacked on the cookies for the rest of the week!
Yummm!
(I know it’s silly but I really like the Disney hotel corridor carpets!)
:laughing: I need to look down, more.
Nice view!
(the bed had 2 spots which you had to push in at the same time to get it to drop).
Reminds me of those movies where you see two army guys launching a nuclear missile.
Though when I eventually wanted to put it back up and use the table, it never fully latched and despite all my pushing, it wouldn’t go in! So if I put any pressure on the table, it would start to flip down and I couldn't really use it
Well... not overly convenient!
if I didn’t see one already at Beach Club getting ready to come to Boardwalk, I would just walk to Epcot to save time).
Smart!
Pretty. :)
Kinda creepy...
That's... disconcerting. Supposed to be a scary hotel and... um...
In the end, I recognized, it still is too intense for me
Too bad. Good coaster. But... I know I'm getting to that point, too.
And time for my first ride on SDD. Overall, I liked it. It was a fun coaster
It's a nice little coaster. I like it. :)
A weird issue with the photopass pictures as I got Slinky's head as well as my car! Though I think they must have upgraded the cameras because some of the early TRs I’d seen seemed to have lower quality SDD ride photos.
I hope they get those cameras fixed soon. I've seen so many people with issues.
Also, Liesa, Kara, and Kari (@Steppesister @paradesintherain @Malia78 ) – notice anything familiar? Apparently that's my Slinky Dog Dash face?
:lmao:
First, checked out the Yacht Club lobby. I really loved those decorations! Very fitting for the resort theme.
Very! I like that!
Awesome village. :)
Uh... wow.
Incredible.
Though as I was waiting to be seated, one of the seating hosts came out to talk to the lady at the desk. And said, loudly, “is it over yet?” (as in – are people done arriving so he can stop seating guests)
Okay... it's time to speak to a manager and dine elsewhere.

I'm glad your meal got better once you were sat, though.
I was definitely put off at that moment. Like really – you are going to be that rude when you know people can hear you? And people are going to be spending a lot of money there!
No kidding. I'll spend my money elsewhere. I guess the hostesses don't share in the tips, since apparently they don't care.

how dare you.gif

I loved the rolls, and made sure to use the crushed garlic cloves, which was yummy!
Oh that's an interesting touch! I don't think I've ever seen a whole roasted garlic out with the bread service.

The resorts look so pretty at night with all the Christmas stuff up! Sorry you had to deal with rude CMs, though. That's always such a drag, especially when you are being perfectly polite yourself.

First, checked out the Yacht Club lobby. I really loved those decorations! Very fitting for the resort theme.

We loved the Yacht Club Lobby! And we were there in the summer. It looks amazing at Christmas!

That's an amazing tree! I love it!

I headed to my dinner location – Yachtsman Steakhouse. I was a bit early, but hoping they could seat me. Unfortunately the lady at check-in was a bit snippy and said I’d just have to “inconvenience myself a bit longer”. Oh, well then…

She said what??? Oh my...

This is seriously one of the coolest things at Disney World! It's one of those things you say, "Only at Disney!"

Shortly after I headed back to YC, arriving around the time for my ADR and I formally checked in. Though as I was waiting to be seated, one of the seating hosts came out to talk to the lady at the desk. And said, loudly, “is it over yet?” (as in – are people done arriving so he can stop seating guests)

Oh my word! I might would of had to say something to someone at the resort before I left. I mean that is not "Disney". I know people may be having a bad day sometimes and things, but when something like that happens twice, by two different cast members at the same place that's a little different story.

For dinner I got the filet mignon and mashed potatoes. Overall, it was good. Though not the most amazing steak I’ve ever had.

It's been a few years since we've been there. I remember DW got the Filet and we thought the same thing, it was good and we'd certainly do it again, but not spectacular. I on the other hand got a New York Strip or something and it had bone marrow with it and let me tell you it was out of this world. It's not often a strip is better than a filet, but this was great and partly because of the bone marrow. I didn't even know what bone marrow was or if I'd like it, but I did! Not sure if they have that dish anymore, but it was good!

Gorgeous pics of the resort!
Thanks!
Wow how un Disney like at the hostess stand for Yachtsman!

I love all your resort pictures

I like the creepy clown pool :hyper:
I liked that pool slide more than Stormalong Bay!
Oh, I did the same thing in Germany in May.
Yeah, I can easily go overboard with Karamel Kuche!
When we walked to HS in May, I was saying that some of those rooms really far away are REALLY close to HS and that the line to get into HS during Galaxy's Edge might go past those rooms. But it might be perfect if that was what you were at Disney for.
Yeah some of those Boardwalk Rooms are so far away! I hope I get the same area for NYE!
I was going to ask what did you get. But I saw your comment later on.
I was looking at the Cannon M10.
I actually just ordered another one in case (both have free returns). The new one is more expensive but better quality and also has a flip out touchscreen so it's easier to take selfies (helpful when travelling alone). I'll let you know which one I go with - I'm testing them on dark rides at Disneyland for low light!
Andy loved YC!!! You created a monster.
Haha - it is a really nice resort!
Ugh, I rememeber hearing about this before. That is just horrible at ANY restaurant.
Yeah, very uncool!
Gorgeous photos, and I love the little village!! "Ocean-themed-Christmas" is such a niche theme for decor, but I've always had a soft spot for it! I'm glad you ended up liking YC during your May stay, it seems like such an underrated, darling resort!
The Christmas village was so lovely!
I can't believe you encountered two extremely rude CMs at the same exact location within what, 15 minutes of each other? Yikes, yikes, yikes. I'm glad you had a great server, though! And those rolls look really great!
I know - it really made me feel unwelcome!
I got so confused by the Christmas decorations, I thought I was in your Epic TR :rotfl:
Hahaha!
That's... disconcerting. Supposed to be a scary hotel and... um...
Haha, I didn't even think about that!
Okay... it's time to speak to a manager and dine elsewhere.

I'm glad your meal got better once you were sat, though.
Yeah, I considered it. But I was hungry and tired and just wanted to eat.
The resorts look so pretty at night with all the Christmas stuff up! Sorry you had to deal with rude CMs, though. That's always such a drag, especially when you are being perfectly polite yourself.
I know! Oh well.
Oh my word! I might would of had to say something to someone at the resort before I left. I mean that is not "Disney". I know people may be having a bad day sometimes and things, but when something like that happens twice, by two different cast members at the same place that's a little different story.
Yeah, I thought about it, or emailing Disney later, but that night I was just exhausted and wanted to head back "home". And then I got distracted so I never ended up emailing them.
It's been a few years since we've been there. I remember DW got the Filet and we thought the same thing, it was good and we'd certainly do it again, but not spectacular. I on the other hand got a New York Strip or something and it had bone marrow with it and let me tell you it was out of this world. It's not often a strip is better than a filet, but this was great and partly because of the bone marrow. I didn't even know what bone marrow was or if I'd like it, but I did! Not sure if they have that dish anymore, but it was good!
Hmm, I will definitely need to keep that in mind for the future!

So, I made a schedule in order to remember to post on the two TRs I'm doing with the goal of getting them and my February one done before the end of October. And within a few days I've already blown it... so, oops! Anyways, continuing the TR!
Pre-trip plans:
10:30 – Brunch, Maria & Enzos
-Typhoon Lagoon – weather dependent?
4:00 – Tokyo Dining dinner
6:45 – Candlelight Processional
7:30 – Frozen Ever After FP
8:00 – Spaceship Earth FP

9:00 – California Grill dessert, Holiday Wishes fireworks from CG patio (10)

Part 1 - Sunday Brunch!

Today I had a later start as I had a Sunday brunch I was looking forward to at Disney Springs!

It was a warm and sunny day so far!

ztNXRYz.jpg

There was also a Rams game today, so I wore my lovely ears, as well as put on blue and yellow magicbands (it was only later I realized I should just change out the pucks so I only needed 1 band!)

tjyxDNv.jpg
YVMA4j2.jpg

Before I left, I checked out the temperature outside on my balcony, and thought it was mild with a little breeze. Well, after arriving at Disney Springs (I took an Uber again), I realized how wrong I was, because it was HOT! Like seriously HOT and humid (not as bad as early fall/summer, but still not exactly winter)! I was sweating and starting to not feeling the best (I was in jeans and a longer sleeved top, which I couldn’t easily crush up the sleeves).

vo07UDh.jpg

Anyways, I got there plenty early for my brunch, so I checked out a couple places. First Disney Style. Very cute – I didn’t spend too much time in there though. Most of the things I’ve seen at Disneyland anyways. And I was feeling a bit low energy (I blamed on heat, but I realized later it was just the very start of the cold).

jA4uuYx.jpg
IgzkJLH.jpg

The restaurant hadn’t opened yet, so first I stopped into the honey place, where I tried a couple samples (very yummy), but didn’t bother buying anything.

w4We8Th.jpg

Now, onto brunch. I was eating at Maria and Enzo’s, which had started a Sunday brunch about 6 months ago, which was favorably reviewed.

7fpZQf6.jpg
0PF9iUx.jpg
iVLrrsf.jpg
PdQAPLv.jpg

The brunch had been a place where you had an “appetizer” table, with charcuterie and cheese, salads, etc, ordered a plated entrée, and then also had a chocolate fountain and dessert table. But when I got there I realized they had switched up the brunch so it was all buffet, but had some premium pasta and other dishes in the buffet (I hadn’t heard about the changes yet, so I may have been the first weekend they did this).

I can't get the photo of the menu to work right, so this is what was offered: Pastry basket (chocolate croissant, butter croissant, assorted mini muffins); Antipasta (salumi e formaggi), Insalate (Caesar Salad, Orange & Fennel Salad, Caprese Salad, Norwegian Smoke Salmon), Assorted Frittatas, Scrambled eggs, Smoked Bacon, Italian Sausage, Rosemary parmesan roasted potatoes, brioche french toast (with fresh berries, vanilla marscapone whipped cream, maple syrup), Sicilian Pasta al Forno (baked pasta with bolognase sauce and veggies), Rigatoni Pasta Alle Verdure (eggplant, tomato, garlic, almonds, parmesan, basil), Carving station (pork tenderloin).

4l31XQ9.jpg
u8ln8zL.jpg
oZGR0TZ.jpg
SLqwAjY.jpg
8mIoetc.jpg
AFBCJci.jpg
Zj3xL2g.jpg
QUdItYg.jpg
45VIIFk.jpg
AsYHiLy.jpg
gJ8YAcv.jpg

A funny experience happened, because I entered right when it opened. There was a guy there with professional photography equipment (but he entered with everyone else). He took some fancy photos of the food tables, paid the bill, and left without trying anything! It seemed a bit ridiculous! So I’ve been on the lookout for any Maria and Enzos brunch reviews, because I know some bloggers have a reputation for not actually eating the food when they make reviews!

Anyways, I actually really loved this brunch. The food was great and it was a chill atmosphere. It did start getting busier as the time went on, but when I got in there, there was only a few tables occupied.

Plate 1 – charcuterie and cheese
VZlXiXt.jpg

Plate 2-French Toast, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, caprese salad
FNadHYh.jpg

Pastry bowl
KA7JDUK.jpg

Plate 3 – pork tenderloin, both pastas, veggies, potatoes
vh6J5Sk.jpg

Dessert – cannolis, cheesecake bite, brownie, tiramisu cup, watermelon, various dipped goodies in chocolate
Uga6O6a.jpg

The Christmas decorations were also super cute. All travel themed.

vNNUw5f.jpg
KB1d1EY.jpg
Fl07LVn.jpg
UZ5yBDn.jpg

I really liked the meal and think I will definitely go back for a proper lunch or dinner one day.

bVUygyU.jpg

TiW discount (this restaurant also wasn't on the TiW website, so make sure if you are eating someplace to ask if they take TiW even if it's not on the official list):
Maria and Enzos savings: $7.00
Total savings so far: $29.73

After finishing, I walked through Disney Springs a bit. Some of the displays in front of the Lego Store were under construction, so I loved the way they showed that! Later in my trip I saw a tweet that they had installed a Rey/BB—8 sculpture, but I never got out to see it (I do have a photo in my upcoming February TR though)

e77fF3T.jpg
WeoOs9P.jpg

I did a quick walk-through of World of Disney (maybe this means I didn’t go the evening I was there, but I dunno…) Still didn’t buy anything.

DKzJhkx.jpg

I checked out the Marketplace Co-op. The Lovepop cards were sooo cute! But also $$$. They sell them online, so maybe one day I’ll buy one, but not now.

bcje2uM.jpg
5vqan6Q.jpg
GDAiBQK.jpg

Most everything else they had at the co-op I’ve seen at Disneyland, so I didn’t buy anything. I loved this dress everytime I saw it, but I tried it on back in California and it didn’t look good on me, so at least I know and stop lusting over it!

ZORz6U5.jpg

Then I decided to check out the Christmas Tree Trail during the daytime. Still plenty of people, but not nearly crowded as the previous night! I was able to get much closer to the trees and see all the details, which I loved! (I already posted those photos though, so I won’t bore you with them!)

vrNb8rk.jpg

Also, the line for Santa – OMG! Insane! They do a virtual queue, so I heard about parents who would show up early, put in their name, then leave until it was time! I guess that works, but it still seems insane!

by0hGgb.jpg

I then headed back to the Boardwalk (via an Uber, since I was right next to the pick-up spot). I was also wilting in the heat and sun!

N1YCOts.jpg

I admired some of the lobby decorations – simpler than the Yacht or Beach Club, but it works! And so much detail! I loved all the little Christmas trees in front of each building!

W3Pcs1M.jpg
eddQsGs.jpg
NrKuEBT.jpg
0QPlLmv.jpg
BTkHRi7.jpg
F3jrZeN.jpg
BCepBML.jpg
r11yNjd.jpg
JZGNgVl.jpg
Bn1317N.jpg
iE5hY1h.jpg
Wx3P5jR.jpg

Then I went back up to my room. I’m not sure exactly if I rested or what, but I do know I made some changes to my outfit. First-the magicband puck switch (at Disney Springs I got a magic keeper carabiner, which I had been considering for a while, since it also came with a screwdriver (though I guess all resorts have a couple up front for people to use). Then I also decided I couldn’t deal with those sleeves anymore…so I just cut them off! And I also put some shorts on! So much better!

wSA3vZ1.jpg
vASKNHj.jpg
TSkqLtR.jpg

While I was resting I left the “Room occupied” sign on the door handle (understandably). I had taken it down when I was at DS for several hours though. But I guess they only ever came by when the sign was up, so I ended up getting a phone call asking when they could come do the trash pick-up/room check. I let them know, anytime. There was housekeeping right outside my room, so I ended up calling him over and giving him the only trash can with items!

Coming up - An afternoon/evening at Epcot with John Stamos!

How strange of that person to come in and take photos but not eat! Too bad you havent found the review yet, would be interesting to see if they claimed to have tried anything! lol

It was a warm and sunny day so far!
Wow it looks absolutely beautiful 😍

I blamed on heat, but I realized later it was just the very start of the cold
Oh boo! Sorry to hear you got sick!

Anyways, I actually really loved this brunch. The food was great and it was a chill atmosphere.
Oh. My. GOODNESS. That food looks sooo good!

The Christmas decorations were also super cute. All travel themed.
Love the travel theme.

so I loved the way they showed that!
Ha this is adorable!!

I loved all the little Christmas trees in front of each building!
Oh wow I didn't realize they made a gingerbread model of pretty much the whole Boardwalk! So cute!

I actually just ordered another one in case (both have free returns). The new one is more expensive but better quality and also has a flip out touchscreen so it's easier to take selfies (helpful when travelling alone). I'll let you know which one I go with - I'm testing them on dark rides at Disneyland for low light!
You are so lucky!!!! Def let me know which you like!

So, I made a schedule in order to remember to post on the two TRs I'm doing with the goal of getting them and my February one done before the end of October. And within a few days I've already blown it... so, oops! Anyways, continuing the TR!
Ha! I should do this. I really want to finish the Feb trip before our August trip, but I don't know if that is going to happen. I have to get moving.

Anyways, I got there plenty early for my brunch, so I checked out a couple places. First Disney Style. Very cute – I didn’t spend too much time in there though. Most of the things I’ve seen at Disneyland anyways. And I was feeling a bit low energy (I blamed on heat, but I realized later it was just the very start of the cold).

Oh no! Hope the cold didn't hinder too much of your park fun!

The restaurant hadn’t opened yet, so first I stopped into the honey place, where I tried a couple samples (very yummy), but didn’t bother buying anything.

I've never seen or heard of this place! I love honey, I'll have to stop by when my family visits this year!!

So I’ve been on the lookout for any Maria and Enzos brunch reviews, because I know some bloggers have a reputation for not actually eating the food when they make reviews!

Wait... this is too funny. I know EXACTLY which blogger(s) you're talking about with this reputation! They're in desperate need of a name change :rotfl2:

Anyways, I actually really loved this brunch. The food was great and it was a chill atmosphere. It did start getting busier as the time went on, but when I got in there, there was only a few tables occupied.

The food looked really great, M&E Brunch is def. on my fam bucket list!

Then I went back up to my room. I’m not sure exactly if I rested or what, but I do know I made some changes to my outfit. First-the magicband puck switch (at Disney Springs I got a magic keeper carabiner, which I had been considering for a while, since it also came with a screwdriver (though I guess all resorts have a couple up front for people to use). Then I also decided I couldn’t deal with those sleeves anymore…so I just cut them off! And I also put some shorts on! So much better!

wSA3vZ1.jpg
vASKNHj.jpg
TSkqLtR.jpg

Oooh, how savvy! We LOVE a fashion designer!!!

Coming up - An afternoon/evening at Epcot with John Stamos!

I love this trip report AND John Stamos! Can't wait for this update!

And I was feeling a bit low energy (I blamed on heat, but I realized later it was just the very start of the cold).
:hug:
I was eating at Maria and Enzo’s,
Oh! Not many people I know, have.
But when I got there I realized they had switched up the brunch so it was all buffet, but had some premium pasta and other dishes in the buffet
mmm... sounds good.
It all looks good, but that one especially appeals.
Yes, please!!
He took some fancy photos of the food tables, paid the bill, and left without trying anything!
Huh! Maybe... he ate already? :confused3
So I’ve been on the lookout for any Maria and Enzos brunch reviews, because I know some bloggers have a reputation for not actually eating the food when they make reviews!
Really? That's... just not right.
Love the plane topper.
I got a magic keeper carabiner, which I had been considering for a while, since it also came with a screwdriver
Ooohhh… sure. Always go with the one that comes with a vodka and orange.
Then I also decided I couldn’t deal with those sleeves anymore…so I just cut them off!
:eek:

:laughing:
Problem solved!

These are really nice ears! Although I don't care about football of any sort haha

This is ridiculous! I want to know that reviewers are actually trying the food. The brunch looks really nice, haven't heard much about it!

This is the cutest construction display ever!

This brunch looks awesome! Is it better than Brunch at the Top????

Oh well… I think I had a couple cookies as a snack (I liked the marble and checkerboards the most; the gingerbread pretzels were a bit strong, and I don’t like almonds, so skipped those ones).

I've never had a gingerbread pretzel, but the other cookies look good.

Overall I liked the decorations at night in DHS. Lots of classic images that I’d recognize from actual main streets!

Love you decoration pictures. I can't wait to see them in person.

First, I checked out Sunset Seasons, which I loved (I’m a sucker for a good projection show)!

Me too. I'm looking forward to this too.

In the end, I recognized, it still is too intense for me (and I had requested Row 1 which I think is supposed to be less rough). So, I don’t feel a real need to do it in the future!

Good to hear I'm not the only one. I rode it in 1999 on my first trip to MGM. Didn't ride it again for about 6 years and haven't ridden it since then. It messes with my equilibrium.

Afterwards, I headed over to Toy Story Land, which definitely is nice at night.

Another thing I'm looking forward to seeing.

Once again great pictures of the decorations. So much to see.

For dinner I got the filet mignon and mashed potatoes. Overall, it was good. Though not the most amazing steak I’ve ever had. I ended up skipping dessert, even though there were things that interested me, just because I was tired and full! Overall, it was good, but I think there are so many other places I want to try at WDW, it’s not high up on my list to return.

We ate here for our 30th wedding anniversary. It was good but not something I'll go back for again and again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter