And now for a change of plans-A Dec '18 Solo TR - COMPLETED 9/19

The plans sound terrific! I'm sure you will turn your Mom into a WDW-lover on this trip! Rob and I really enjoyed our dinner at PALO on our cruise (13 years ago, sheesh!!). The brunch does look incredible, but with it being such a short cruise already, I maybe wouldn't worry about trying to fit that in, too.

Snorkeling off Castaway Cay is really awesome. I loved finding the sunken Mickey statue, and now there is a Minnie to find, as well. We snorkeled out to the end of the fenced area and there was a huge hole in the fencing. There was a gigantic scary looking fish with huge teeth, which I was convinced was a baracuda. I have never swam so fast in my entire life, I was back to shore almost immediately. Rob was like, "Where the heck did you go?!" He still insists I imagined the killer-fish. Just be careful out there in case I'm right! LOL :)
Ok, you're already giving me nightmares about the killer-fish!

Sounds like you have an awesome and LONG trip planned!!!! I'm sure your Mom will love it all

I do love Naan, so worst comes to worst, I’ll stuff myself with that!
Naan all day every day.

Looks like you have some great plans for your trip coming up. I like how relaxed it seems- that's got to be a great change of pace!

A little behind on my comments! 5 days! You are getting close.

I said hi to Devine!

0Op4Ujj.jpg
I have not seen her yet! Probably walked by her and didn't even realize it.

but I think that could maybe be in the TTBAB queue? Does anyone know what I’m talking about?
No! But now I want to find it!

We loved the all of the details in the tree, more than the actual animals in that area.

I’m definitely looking forward to this trip and I hope everything goes well!
I hope you have a great trip as well!

I saw the dinosaurs this trip on the tree of life, it is right before the entrance to Bugs Life. This was the first time I noticed these carvings, very cool. It was funny you asked about it right after I saw them!

Have a wonderful trip, I am looking at a cruise in January 2020 for Andi and me before or after our WDW trip!

Sounds like you have a great trip planned! Maybe if you don't get a Beaches and Cream reservation maybe try for a walk up? You'll be staying there so if theres a wait you can always hang in your room! Also super excited to hear your thoughts on Beach Club! Me and DH just switched to BCV for the first half of our September trip and then finishing the trip at Poly just like you! haha

Definitely think you made a great call in switching to oceanview for your cruise!

The only thing I will say is that we drove ourselves back to Orlando from the cruise and I was utterly exhausted making that drive. If I could make one change I think I'd hire a driver to take us back! But you may handle the early hours better than me! haha

I saw the dinosaurs this trip on the tree of life, it is right before the entrance to Bugs Life. This was the first time I noticed these carvings, very cool. It was funny you asked about it right after I saw them!

Have a wonderful trip, I am looking at a cruise in January 2020 for Andi and me before or after our WDW trip!

Do it! And I vote after, I loved relaxing after our days in Disney! Me and DH need to figure out when to book our next one!

Sounds like you have an awesome and LONG trip planned!!!! I'm sure your Mom will love it all
Thanks! I am excited about it all!

Sorry!!!! Everything up to that point was really amazing :)
I will just need to watch out for any of those guys!

Have another great trip! I can't wait to meet you in May!
Definitely!

Naan all day every day.

Looks like you have some great plans for your trip coming up. I like how relaxed it seems- that's got to be a great change of pace!
I just loooove Naan so much! There was an Afghani place near where I lived in Maryland and they had the best Naan - super fresh, right out of the oven where they bake it against the wall. I would sometimes go there just for the Naan!

It's funny, I told my mom everyone said my plans are more low-key, and then she just gave me hard-core side eye!

I hope you have a great trip as well!
You guys have fun!

Haha, that is funny! I will need to look out later this week!

Sounds like you have a great trip planned! Maybe if you don't get a Beaches and Cream reservation maybe try for a walk up? You'll be staying there so if theres a wait you can always hang in your room! Also super excited to hear your thoughts on Beach Club! Me and DH just switched to BCV for the first half of our September trip and then finishing the trip at Poly just like you! haha

Definitely think you made a great call in switching to oceanview for your cruise!

The only thing I will say is that we drove ourselves back to Orlando from the cruise and I was utterly exhausted making that drive. If I could make one change I think I'd hire a driver to take us back! But you may handle the early hours better than me! haha
Luckily the Touring Plans finder came through and I grabbed one! It'll be nice to see it before the refurb starts!

Have a great trip!!! :banana:
Thanks! Hope you had a good one too!

I didn't realize you had such a long trip planned! You are (as I type) en route right now
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Have a most magical trip! I can't wait to hear how you like the cruise!

Just caught up on your trip report and your current plans. I hope you’re having an amazing time!

I didn't realize you had such a long trip planned! You are (as I type) en route right now
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Have a most magical trip! I can't wait to hear how you like the cruise!

Just caught up on your trip report and your current plans. I hope you’re having an amazing time!

Thanks guys! It was a great trip and I can officially say I love DCL! It wasn't love at first sight (the first couple hours were a bit chaotic), but it grew on me quickly and I am already booked for another one, with a bunch more on my wish list!

I will be updating this TR soon!

Thanks guys! It was a great trip and I can officially say I love DCL! It wasn't love at first sight (the first couple hours were a bit chaotic), but it grew on me quickly and I am already booked for another one, with a bunch more on my wish list!

That's awesome, Lesley! I think it took me a bit to love it too. It's way different from the parks and I had to learn to relax on vacation. Can't wait to hear about your next adventures :-)

Look forward to more updates and hearing about the recent cruise/trip with your mom!

Wow - your AKL photos! The Christmas tree pics have me wishing for Christmas again. And hooray for a room with a view. I didn’t realize Mickey and Minnie wore Christmas attire at AK. So cute! Love your shirt that day. You find the best tees!!

Sounds like a fun start to your solo Christmas themed adventures. :santa:

People keep telling me:
"Do you know Lesley Wake? Do you read her TRs?"
or
"Lesley Lake said (fill in the blank), do you know her?"

I keep having to say no.

Fine. If you hit me over the head with a mallet often enough, I'll get a concussion and not even remember your name.
I figured just reading would be easier.

There. I'm subscribed. I'll be back later to read. :)

People keep telling me:
"Do you know Lesley Wake? Do you read her TRs?"
or
"Lesley Lake said (fill in the blank), do you know her?"

I keep having to say no.

Fine. If you hit me over the head with a mallet often enough, I'll get a concussion and not even remember your name.
I figured just reading would be easier.

There. I'm subscribed. I'll be back later to read. :)
Haha! Hi @pkondz, I hear the same things about you! I'll be getting back to this TR soon enough! My EPIC TR is more active right now - I think you may be making an appearance in at least one of those Epic reports!

In the interests of catching up, I'll just comment on a few things...

Love the shirt!

I sort of went pin-crazy this trip…

You and so many other people. I don't collect them myself, but I know lots of people do.

I really liked the Christmas overlay on the safety bollards!

d1GCMmV.jpg

Me too!

I made a breakfast/lunch stop at Homeboy Bakery (it’s actually a nonprofit organization which employs high-risk youth, former gang members, and recently released inmates to help them get work experience, as well as rehab and education programs).

Huh! Great idea!

I also loved the Christmas decorations in the American Airlines terminal with a train that drove around the ledge in the rotunda (though the attendant working the airline counter wasn’t too amused by hearing it all day long).

:laughing:

Another perk – the guy originally set for the middle seat ended up getting upgraded to first class, so the aisle seat guy and I got to spread out our stuff onto that seat and tray table! Lovely!

Nice! Elbow room!

I did like having the slider, because I didn’t worry about my MB falling off!

Can you explain that? Slider? You mean the AP tag?

The only photo you need. The one with the zeeeeeebra domes... :love: :cloud9:

I am a big LA Rams fan, so was definitely cheering against the evil Saints (to be fair, I have nothing against the players, but I hate the coach who is a huge jerk).

:laughing: Subtle!

After I finished stuffing my stomach, I made a quick stop at the Mara, where I picked up a reusable mug,

And more zebra domes????

This morning, I ended up jumping out of bed the second I woke up! It felt like I was a kid on Christmas morning,

:goodvibes

Like this shirt too!

I said hi to Devine!

Lucky! While I've seen her a couple of times, I haven't over the last few trips.

(I did have aspirations to meeting Mickey in every park during my visit, but being sick changed that.)

:hug:

Joe Rhode had posted on his Instagram pics of dinos that are supposed to be located underneath all the other animals, but I think that could maybe be in the TTBAB queue? Does anyone know what I’m talking about?

::yes::

But... like you, I'm not sure where I saw them. Maybe ITTBAB?

Can you explain that? Slider? You mean the AP tag?
Yeah, just the AP tag. I’m not sure if I used it on my first 2 trips! I saw on Etsy though some people make custom ones, so that could be in my future!
And more zebra domes????
Haha, no! I think I finally decided they aren’t my favorite. Just my own personal taste though!
Like this shirt too!
Thanks! I go a bit Etsy crazy before every trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!