And now for a change of plans-A Dec '18 Solo TR - COMPLETED 9/19

You really got a lot accomplished at the party while battling the beginnings of a cold. I'm sure you felt exhausted but pushed through. The Christmas parade is really great; one of the best parts of the party!
Now I really want to see DL's castle lighting, because the no characters aspect sounds great.

Got the red sugar cookie, which I ended up saving until later in my trip. When I did take a bite – ick! Not good at all (I normally like the grocery store pressed sugar cookies, but this just tasted stale and artificial)
well sure... you ate it like, what... a week later?

;)
Ended up getting a Hub spot, behind the statue, right at the top of the incline. This turned out to be a great spot and I didn’t have anyone come and stand right in front of me (they all kept moving further forward).
Nice!
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
Those are great!
I was lucky and able to find the lantern photo right before they opened the line, so I didn’t have a wait at all!
Nice... and nice!
Love the projections of snowflakes everywhere!
::yes::
I considered stopping at Cosmic Rays for a hot cocoa, but another super long line (all the way back to Star Traders).
Like cocoa... but not waiting an hour for it.
Cookie was meh – too overprocessed for my tastes!
You're not having very good luck with the cookies!
I got the Yule Log from Main Street Bakery. It was good, but very very rich!
I missed that! And wanted to try it. Not sure what happened there...
Time for the parade, which I really liked. It was very detailed and brought the holiday spirit!
::yes:: That was the highlight of the party for me.

it was time for MVMCP!

Yay!!

Wow. How beautiful!

I gave Eeyore an extra hug because he looked depressed…as always!

:laughing: Poor Eeyore.

my energy was still zapped and it was exhausting to stand for that long

That's too bad! Glad you hung in and got to do as much as you did, but it's unfortunate you were still under the weather.

I was lucky and able to find the lantern photo right before they opened the line, so I didn’t have a wait at all!

6ZXyDr2.jpg

Awesome! This is a super photo of you, and the lantern idea is sweet.

Then I headed over to the stage to see A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas. This was sooo much fun! I wish I had seen it a second time! It is just goofy and the dancing is cool! A big fan!

I love this show!! Also a big fan!! The music is fun and festive, and everyone is always so talented, especially the dancers, and Stitch is adorable.

Time for the parade, which I really liked. It was very detailed and brought the holiday spirit!

This is such an excellent parade. You got some great pictures!

Magic Kingdom is so pretty at Christmas time and you got some awesome pictures. You were able to get a lot done in spite of not feeling well. It's good you were able to get in a nap so you would be ready for the Christmas Party. Lunch at Whispering Canyon looks really good. We didn't make it on our last trip but I would really like to try it some time.

All caught up.... I am sure with my trip is less then 2 weeks I’ll be falling behind again soon but I’m caught up on like 3 whole reports now!

Anyway!!!

I also love some matzoh ball soups when I’m sick, honestly I love it all the time and I kinda want to make some now but it’s like 1000 degrees out..

You are a trooper, it’s good you took an easy night your first night at WL because but you did way more then I could have if I get crazy at the MVMCP (did I get that abbreviation right?).

I love Disney at the holidays, it really is so magical!

Hmm, so I think the boat ride itself is about 10-15 minutes. But there is the whole waiting for a boat, waiting for it to unload, waiting for loading, etc. I think giving yourself an hour would be very safe, and it would give you time to explore and check out the decorations in the resort? Also, make sure to get down to Boulder Ridge Villas, which is also very gorgeous!

Ohhh thank you for the tips. I was planning to give us an hour but you have backed me up. I've never seen Boulder Ridge Villas, how far is it?

Got the red sugar cookie, which I ended up saving until later in my trip. When I did take a bite – ick! Not good at all (I normally like the grocery store pressed sugar cookies, but this just tasted stale and artificial)

I'm hoping the cookies are better this year.

Very cute!

Ended up getting a Hub spot, behind the statue, right at the top of the incline. This turned out to be a great spot and I didn’t have anyone come and stand right in front of me (they all kept moving further forward).

Gotta remember this spot.

But they were very cute in the scarves. Tigger liked my Christmas Aristocat sweater (I think it was from Box Lunch - I need to remember to bring it to Tokyo and maybe I can get photos with the Aristocats!). I gave Eeyore an extra hug because he looked depressed…as always!

What a fun character meet. Your pictures are super cute.

Good catch.

I thought about heading to Pinnochio to get the whole cookie collection, but there was a super long line, so I skipped that.

I hope the lines didn't stay long all night.

Instead I went to Gaston’s and got the Vaneloppe éclair. Decent, but not amazing.

It's cute.

Then I headed over to the stage to see A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas. This was sooo much fun! I wish I had seen it a second time! It is just goofy and the dancing is cool! A big fan! I will try to see it during the days before NYE when they reshow the MVMCP entertainment during the day.

This is going to be a must for us. Thanks for the review.

I then waited there to see the acapella group, which was excellent. Zach stuck around.

We love acapella groups.

We then headed over to Cosmic Rays, which no longer had a line. Hot cocoa was appreciated! Cookie was meh – too overprocessed for my tastes!

Was it a good place to take a break?

We then split up – I went down to Main street, where I got the Yule Log from Main Street Bakery. It was good, but very very rich!

meH7zLs.jpg

This looks really good.

I sort of watched Mickeys Most Merriest Celebration I did really like the show, and I wish I had seen it again from a more centered location, but I just couldn’t stick around too late.

Noted, we need to be closer to see this.

Anyways, Zach ended up joining me back there for the fireworks, which were great.

I'm hoping the new show is good too. You got some great shots.

We then battled through the crowds and headed into Frontierland, where we picked a parade spot (close to the entrance to Country Bears).

I was kinda thinking Frontierland would be less crowded. It's where we usually try to catch parades.

It was very detailed and brought the holiday spirit!

Wonderful pictures and I can't wait to see it.

The Castle Lighting is quite a sight be behold, isn't it?! Love it!

The parade was really a nice one, although I gotta say, I still prefer the Halloween one more.

I also found the treats to be so-so. I did like the eggnog and mollases cookie best of them all I think, but didn't try a lot of things either.

You really got a lot accomplished at the party while battling the beginnings of a cold. I'm sure you felt exhausted but pushed through. The Christmas parade is really great; one of the best parts of the party!
Now I really want to see DL's castle lighting, because the no characters aspect sounds great.
Yeah, I knew I had to push through! The Disneyland castle lighting is just nice because its more about actual lights and christmas music! Feels more intimate!

Here is my video from a couple years ago:
well sure... you ate it like, what... a week later?

;)
Haha, well they've probably had them in storage for 2 months beforehand!
Like cocoa... but not waiting an hour for it.
Nope! Not even for free!
You're not having very good luck with the cookies!
I just have very discerning tastes when it comes to cookies! :P
I missed that! And wanted to try it. Not sure what happened there...
Hmm - did you try the one at Pecos Bill?
::yes:: That was the highlight of the party for me.
The parade was fun. I hope to see it again this December.
Man you were a trooper even being that sickly!! Glad you got to most everything you wanted to! Was this the night you were supposed to do Tonys party?
No, that was the next day. But I cancelled it while I was at this MVMCP, knowing I couldn't last that long!
:laughing: Poor Eeyore.
Eeyore and Piglit are my favorites!
That's too bad! Glad you hung in and got to do as much as you did, but it's unfortunate you were still under the weather.
Yeah, being sick sucks!
Awesome! This is a super photo of you, and the lantern idea is sweet.
I've seen the lantern pop up in some other places - mom and I got it at Epcot!

Magic Kingdom is so pretty at Christmas time and you got some awesome pictures. You were able to get a lot done in spite of not feeling well. It's good you were able to get in a nap so you would be ready for the Christmas Party. Lunch at Whispering Canyon looks really good. We didn't make it on our last trip but I would really like to try it some time.
It is very pretty! I love all the Disney parks at Christmastime!
All caught up.... I am sure with my trip is less then 2 weeks I’ll be falling behind again soon but I’m caught up on like 3 whole reports now!
Haha, same! And I don't even have the excuse of a trip right now!
You are a trooper, it’s good you took an easy night your first night at WL because but you did way more then I could have if I get crazy at the MVMCP (did I get that abbreviation right?).

I love Disney at the holidays, it really is so magical!
Yeah it is great!
Ohhh thank you for the tips. I was planning to give us an hour but you have backed me up. I've never seen Boulder Ridge Villas, how far is it?
It's right next door. There's actually a covered walkway connecting the main building to Boulder Ridge. They have a Christmas Tree and some carvings and train decorations.
Gotta remember this spot.
It was good! Anything with a fence in front of you helps guarantee you get a better view!
I hope the lines didn't stay long all night.
No, later in the night it was fine. Same as MNSSHP, all the candy/treat lines are so long at the beginning, but go down as the night continues!
This is going to be a must for us. Thanks for the review.
It was very fun! They also pulled up kids beforehand to have them sing and lift up signs with various Christmas songs.
We love acapella groups.
They usually try to time it so the acapella group is only a couple minutes after the show.
Was it a good place to take a break?
Yeah, it was good. Inside they also have Club Tinsel, a dance party with random characters like Reineer and Polar Bears!
Noted, we need to be closer to see this.
At least just have a clear view!
I'm hoping the new show is good too. You got some great shots.
Yeah, I think it looks like it will be good! We're going to see it on Dec 29th, since they air it every night between Christmas parties ending and NYE!
I was kinda thinking Frontierland would be less crowded. It's where we usually try to catch parades.
It is less crowded. Second parade is also less crowded. But on Main Street they have fake snow, so that's a consideration!
The Castle Lighting is quite a sight be behold, isn't it?! Love it!

The parade was really a nice one, although I gotta say, I still prefer the Halloween one more.

I also found the treats to be so-so. I did like the eggnog and mollases cookie best of them all I think, but didn't try a lot of things either.
I like the Halloween one too!

Day 8 - Chilling around Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon!

Pre-trip plans
11:00 – Splash Mountain
12:00 – The Plaza lunch
1:00 – Peter Pan Flight
2:00 – 7DMT
-resort break
5:00 – ADR The Wave
6:00 – MVMCP w/Tony’s Town Square party

This morning I let myself get a later start.

uo0iUwA.jpg

On my way out, I walked a bit around the pool area and ended up waiting for the geyser to go off. It doesn’t look as cool in photos, but is fun in-person!

qR5nomJ.jpg
8ANUFmb.jpg
6Clh3iK.jpg
P1iNfO5.jpg
UKMRfiD.jpg
zpPumzY.jpg
MOWYskT.jpg
GfuU88R.jpg
edD5JtG.jpg

Then, another boat over to MK. It was the bigger one, but I rode in the back so it was nice and open-air!

Kn6EtGy.jpg
CRJ6oWU.jpg
WQQ7IbA.jpg
Lnh8vgB.jpg
nag4p01.jpg
PLaCxRQ.jpg
OwlNrCn.jpg

Once I arrived at the dock, I went thru security and then made a sharp turn to get to the other boat launch, as I was actually headed to the Grand Floridian. Of course, luck wasn’t with me, as I arrived behind a group of people, and then most of the people already on the boat didn’t bother getting off. So the line got cut off just in front of me and I was stuck waiting for ANOTHER boat! Ugh! I really wished I had just taken an Uber from WL to GF.

80I3q2A.jpg

Anyways, I eventually made it in and checked in for lunch…where there was a delay anyways, so I had plenty of time. I walked around the area a bit, stopping in the gift shop for a pin and some cookie ornaments! (I preferred that over the actual gingerbread house shop because that had a really long line!)

9WQ4v6K.jpg
Gk5BUxm.jpg
NGaqYtr.jpg

I wish I had the space to bring this home!

UwrBGpr.jpg

I ended up buying the puffy gingerbread cookie with chocolate mickey ears to eat (though I didn't end up liking the taste, as it had very strong flavors), and then a couple of the large ornament cookies, which I’ve saved to use as actual ornaments.

eD4LJCS.jpg
Wnnivaz.jpg
rTiU7mh.jpg

I then went into the lobby to check out the tree and gingerbread house. It was pretty chaotic and crowded there – not as nice and peaceful as AKL lobby or classic like the WL lobby! The decorations were gorgeous though!

9s4QAkc.jpg
rZoyiDQ.jpg
hqEuRM7.jpg

A CM at Wilderness Lodge showed me how to take a vertical panorama to get the full tree in a photo!

dKUbn1J.jpg
GDkBlpn.jpg
cCc0uPO.jpg

Gingerbread House

FwqNffv.jpg
rICRXkI.jpg
LX1yDV8.jpg
UYWuebp.jpg
sUvBuGH.jpg
ylUWECD.jpg
bJngzIi.jpg
vKDzQXm.jpg
fgRHSSx.jpg
yUb0YVs.jpg

The Santa is supposed to look like Joe Rhode, right?

TIn6GR6.jpg

S9OLaEL.jpg
aIdF2LO.jpg

Finally though it was time for lunch at The Grand Floridian Café

xvz5E4v.jpg

Though there were annoyances with the seating, as I showed up and the reservation was actually for 2. I had told the host at the start it was just me, but when I was going to be seated, they still thought it was 2 people. When I corrected them, the seater sort of look annoyed and had me wait a bit longer as they switched me to a 2-seater instead of a 4-seater.

DIAaPuQ.jpg

For lunch, I ended up getting the seasonal soup, Butternut Squash with Gingerbread Crumbs, and the Lobster Thermidor Burger (Artisinal 7-oz burger patty and lobster-parmesan thermidor sauce on a seared brioche bun served with fries).

dcuQrAg.jpg
lYKoexk.jpg

Both were delicious. Though I could only eat half of my burger, because my appetite hadn’t really returned (I wouldn’t have gotten the soup but it sounded delicious)

More random resort photos

tbrbqVm.jpg
BbiFtVp.jpg

Coming up - More time at Magic Kingdom!

On my way out, I walked a bit around the pool area and ended up waiting for the geyser to go off. It doesn’t look as cool in photos, but is fun in-person!
I've been a couple times, but have never seen it "erupt".
Then, another boat over to MK. It was the bigger one, but I rode in the back so it was nice and open-air!
Sounds nice. :)
Of course, luck wasn’t with me, as I arrived behind a group of people, and then most of the people already on the boat didn’t bother getting off. So the line got cut off just in front of me and I was stuck waiting for ANOTHER boat! Ugh! I really wished I had just taken an Uber from WL to GF.
:sad2:
You need a VIP transportation pass.
I wish I had the space to bring this home!
Plan ahead next time!
I ended up buying the puffy gingerbread cookie with chocolate mickey ears to eat (though I didn't end up liking the taste, as it had very strong flavors),
Because you're a very discerning cookie eater.
A CM at Wilderness Lodge showed me how to take a vertical panorama to get the full tree in a photo!
Oh! Never thought of that. I (like most people, I guess) think sideways when we think panorama.
Though there were annoyances with the seating, as I showed up and the reservation was actually for 2. I had told the host at the start it was just me, but when I was going to be seated, they still thought it was 2 people. When I corrected them, the seater sort of look annoyed and had me wait a bit longer as they switched me to a 2-seater instead of a 4-seater.
:sad2:
the Lobster Thermidor Burger (Artisinal 7-oz burger patty and lobster-parmesan thermidor sauce on a seared brioche bun served with fries).
:faint: Want!

The Santa is supposed to look like Joe Rhode, right?

TIn6GR6.jpg

Okay, I laughed a little too hard at this

Oof, sounds like it was a rough day for the GF Seating team with the delays and everything!

For lunch, I ended up getting the seasonal soup, Butternut Squash with Gingerbread Crumbs, and the Lobster Thermidor Burger (Artisinal 7-oz burger patty and lobster-parmesan thermidor sauce on a seared brioche bun served with fries).

dcuQrAg.jpg
lYKoexk.jpg

Both were delicious. Though I could only eat half of my burger, because my appetite hadn’t really returned (I wouldn’t have gotten the soup but it sounded delicious)

Was that soup as amazing as it looked and sounded???

I've been a couple times, but have never seen it "erupt".
I think it erupts on the hour. At least thats the time I would hear a rush from outside my room!
You need a VIP transportation pass.
It's called Uber!
Plan ahead next time!
Already have a luggage strategy planned for Asia! Buy suitcases which nest inside each other. Only pack the Medium one with my stuff, so I have the Large and Small available for merch!
Because you're a very discerning cookie eater.
You know it!
Okay, I laughed a little too hard at this
But it does - doesn't it!
Oof, sounds like it was a rough day for the GF Seating team with the delays and everything!
Yeah, they definitely were feeling it!
Was that soup as amazing as it looked and sounded???
It was pretty delicious!
HOW?!!! Googling!
Basically, instead of going left to right, you flip it horizontally and top to bottom!
i am abnormally excited to see this. We used to make a gingerbread house from scratch every year. One year my dad decided to make it the same size as our own house.
Wow! I've made some fancy ones before. My first engineering job did a lot of research, so in January, we took the house in the back, filled it with wood chips, and lit it on fire! It was pretty cool to see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter