~*~And the Magic Begins Again~*~ July 2014 2nd Family Trip

LittleMissDisney

Mouseketeer
Just before Christmas I got preliminary budget approval from LittleMissDisney's Mister for a trip to Disney!

This is what I know:
The mister and I are both employed by the school system so summer is the only option for us. His school is being renovated this year and he has to be onsite for part of the time so that puts us into June/July.

I'm hoping to be selected to teach summer school (come on extra $$$) so planning for June is out. Which leaves us for July.

Although I'd love to see what kind of fireworks and shows Disney puts on for the 4th, and I'm married to a veteran I think the little bit of extra crowds during that time would be too much for my family.

So, we're looking at going July 14-18.

Where to stay has been a struggle for me. I have been looking at upgrading us to a moderate but in the end cost won out and we'll be at Pop again. Our first time at Pop was our first family Disney trip 3 years ago. On our honeymoon the mister and I stayed at All Star Movies-you know, with the Toy Story sheets, for your HONEYMOON :scared:

We'll also be doing the Disney Dining Plan (although I'm crunching number for the Disney Deluxe plan).

So, that's about all I know for right now. I hope that you join me on this journey. It's always so much fun when others get together.:grouphug:

458fb62cef4930acbeae3e504216bb86.jpg

A little bit about us:

There's me "LittleMissDisney" or Nicole. I'm a sixth grade teacher and I love planning anything (it feeds my CDO!) *Note: CDO is like OCD but the letters are in order they way they are intended to be This will be my fourth trip to Disney. Once as a child-I have no memory of it so for all I know my parents just made it up!, My honeymoon in 2001 and our first family trip to Disney in 2010. I am the mastermind behind it all and love making spreadsheets and detailing it all out. Once I'm there all of the plans can go to pot and I'm okay with it, I just need a plan going in.

LittleMissDisney's Mister (Dh) puts up with all of this nonsense because he loves me. He's not into any of the planning but appreciates that it gets done. He has final say on all budget matters but the actual detailing he leaves up to me. As long as we all get fed throughout the day, and we leave with the same people we came with he considers it a success. He is also a part of the school system, but works year round. Fortunately he has plenty of leave time so we can take a week off and be okay. This will be his third trip (honeymoon and family trip before)

11613263133_ac4fdb92f2.jpg
[/url]
AK by bcomeproverbs31, on Flickr[/IMG]Here we are outside AK three years ago!

Dash (11) -growing like a weed and eating like a football player I'm not sure what happened to my little boy. I'm not ready for him to turn into a man-child but it seems to be happening anyway. Dash loves to read and devours books-which is great. His best friend got him hooked on the Kingdom Keepers series and he's interested int the utlidoor and behind the scenes action at Disney. Dash hates roller coasters but he's really good about waiting in line with us (we ride swap a lot). This will be his second trip, but it's a surprise

zack haircut by bcomeproverbs31, on Flickr

Bug (8)- he's caught in the middle of child like believing and wanting to be everything his big brother is. Bug is all about the go, go, go. He loves everything fast and scary-I'm hoping this time around he's grown enough to do some of the big rides. He was bummed beyond belief about being to short for the Aerosmith ride but, he got kissed from Snow White last time and it was the highlight of his week. This trip will be a surprise for him as well.

zane water by bcomeproverbs31, on Flickr

Did you catch that part above, that it's a surprise. I'm sure trying to keep that secret might just do me in. We will be driving and don't plan on revealing where we are going (we take a trip up north every year so being in the car for a day won't phase them) at all. After the first hotel stay I'm sure they'll start asking questions but their grandparents spend 1/2 the year in FL so that will be a good cover. Our plan is to just pull into Disney and let them figure it out.

I'm a crafty make special t-shirts, pack tinkerbell presents and customize autograph books kid of gal but my family has grown out of that so I'm at a loss of what this trip will bring for us. See the shirts the boys are wearing in the first picture, they had different ones for each park and then special ones for the last day (thanks dis boards!). Last time we did QSDP and while it worked out for us both Dh and I want some TS meals and character events.

If you have any good ideas for us to try I'm all mouse ears! I'm excited about the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom experience. Dash will be all over that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter