Android camera app suggestions needed.

R3rjr

Earning My Ears
I have a Motorola e5 phone with 8mp camera. Any zoom I use becomes total grain. It was suggested to try a different app to help improve quality.

Does anyone have any suggestions on an Android camera app?

Thank you

I'm not sure changing apps is going to make a difference. The Moto e5 is a budget phone with a non-Sony sensor (and is supposed to be be 12/13 mp, not 8). It's not really a zoom function (lens elements are not changing position) but rather you are cropping into a smaller section of the sensor and that change may be beyond the app's ability to overcome.

I would call Moto support to make sure everything is working correctly too. A quick search tells me Moto uses custom-oriented apps for the cameras and you may not be able o just plug in another app.

Thanks for the response... I did a bit more research and found an app called Zoom FX... Much improvement over the preinstalled camera app.
Hopefully in a year I can find a phone designed to take good photographs at a reasonable price.

I'm glad you found improvement with a new app, but it's not going to be a viable solution, as any 'zoom' you do on a smartphone (other than a phone with a dedicated zoom lens like the iPhone X) is an optical zoom, so it's just taking the photo and cropping in in order to zoom, so you're going to get the grain.

As for a phone designed to take good photographs at a reasonable price, the Google Pixel 3a is that phone, it's Google's "budget" phone with the best camera on a smartphone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter