Angelrose's Journey

Thank you so much Dan. I really appreciate it.

AnnaS we did have fun. I hope next year we do it earlier so that we don't freeze and get sandblasted. Karen showed me the pictures she chose for our Christmas cards this year. I have to wait until we send the cards before I can post them here. There is one picture that I find hysterical. Of me of course.

The wind was gusting around 30 to 40 miles an hour. Luckily no big branches were down on my property. But it did make the sand go everywhere. We were in Brigantine at the north end.

Thank you so much Dan. I really appreciate it.

AnnaS we did have fun. I hope next year we do it earlier so that we don't freeze and get sandblasted. Karen showed me the pictures she chose for our Christmas cards this year. I have to wait until we send the cards before I can post them here. There is one picture that I find hysterical. Of me of course.

The wind was gusting around 30 to 40 miles an hour. Luckily no big branches were down on my property. But it did make the sand go everywhere. We were in Brigantine at the north end.

This weather is crazy :) - You never know.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone here!!!

Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts Angelrose , sounds like the same type a friend had about 4 years ago and she’s just fine as will YOU be!!!!! Your sunny positive disposition and family and friends support will see you through ..we’re all here rooting for you too! Xoxox

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY DEAR FRIENDS.

Thank you minnie56. I'm sure I will be fine. I just want it to be done and over with. I know how blessed I am to have such good friends and family wishing me well.

Hello! Did you have a nice Thanksgiving? Every year there are so many leftovers and I wonder what we were thinking...... fortunately, the leftovers were not at our house this year.:tongue:

Hello Grumpy's Gal. Yes we had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Karen graciously gave me a lot of left overs. LOL I do love the dark meat and her stuffing is the best.

I always take the carcass and the other bits home with me and put it out for the hawks and vultures. The carcass was gone in one day! I was gone that day so didn't get to witness it. I did see a vulture cracking open one of the remaining bones for the marrow. I am so lucky to live in the woods so that I can watch these birds so close.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Glad you had a good one too Mary. Same here - family and lot's of food.

Some good news for a change here - my daughter is in Disney for the week with her boyfriend. Now Fiance - he gave her the engagement ring last night. They met in Disney during their CP program. She has always wanted a Disney wedding. We shall see how it all plays out.

Hope you are enjoying this mild day too.

That's wonderful news AnnaS. Congratulations!

I saw the oncologist today. She did an exam but couldn't really see anything. So on Monday I will have to go under anesthesia so they can see what is going on. It's such a rare cancer that they will have to see what is the right treatment for me. Radiation, chemo, surgery or whatever. I am so exhausted mostly I guess from the stress of not knowing, and fearing the worst. I did break down once and told Karen that I am not ready to die. She gave me a hug and said we will deal with whatever it is one day at a time. The only thing I have going for me is that I went right away to the doctor when I felt something was wrong. I'm not ashamed to say that I am SCARED.

So sorry you are going through this. Hopefully you will get answers Monday. Keeping you in my prayers.

Biggest hugs Angelrose and prayers that all will be well.
The waiting and worrying that accompanies it are the worst but once they get proactive treating it , you’ll feel better..
It sounds early stages which is good. Day at a time .. try not to let the scary the scary thoughts come in. Xo

Thank you rndmr2 and minnie56. It seems like I am constantly on the verge of tears. "Gee it looks like rain tomorrow, WAHHHHHH".

I had more blood work done today along with a chest xray and an EKG. Tomorrow I am going for a medical clearance. But that is AFTER going out for IHOP pancakes tomorrow morning and a bit of grocery shopping. That always cheers me up.

My appointment for Monday is at 7am, which means that I will have to be up around 4. I might just sleep over at Chuck's so Karen won't have to drive over to pick me up. After that I will have appointments to get an MRI and pet scan or cat scan I have no idea which one. That is all before I can get any treatment. I know I keep saying this, but I just want it all to be over with so I can get on with my life.

Thank you rndmr2 and minnie56. It seems like I am constantly on the verge of tears. "Gee it looks like rain tomorrow, WAHHHHHH".

I had more blood work done today along with a chest xray and an EKG. Tomorrow I am going for a medical clearance. But that is AFTER going out for IHOP pancakes tomorrow morning and a bit of grocery shopping. That always cheers me up.

My appointment for Monday is at 7am, which means that I will have to be up around 4. I might just sleep over at Chuck's so Karen won't have to drive over to pick me up. After that I will have appointments to get an MRI and pet scan or cat scan I have no idea which one. That is all before I can get any treatment. I know I keep saying this, but I just want it all to be over with so I can get on with my life.

I so understand that ..it's a process and diagnostics help plot the course. Think of it this way - this time next week you might just be already in treatment or at least have a solid plan - that journey leads you to getting on with your life!
BEST of luck , I'll be waiting with you ! xx

Thank you minnie56. I know you are right, it's just that I'm just a big baby and cry at anything.

Today Karen called to tell me I need to go to my doctors office and get an EKG, then get blood work done and after that get a chest xray. Luckily they are all close together. I get the EKG and was just ready to go when the girl stopped me to tell me Karen had called to say that I needed a medical clearance for this procedure. But my doctor was completely booked for today and tomorrow. Just what I needed to hear. As usual I started to cry. The girl told me not to cry and they would work something out and not to worry. She called Karen and told her and then Karen calmed me down. I got all the tests done and called her when I got home.

I went on a rant saying that why couldn't the doctor call one patient and say they had to reschedule because of an emergency? Karen said that what I wanted to tell you mom. The doctor called and you can go to one of the other doctors there tomorrow afternoon and get the medical clearance. They don't usually do that because your doctor knows you, but since this is an emergency I can go. YAYYYYYY

One good thing, my eyes are getting a good washing out lately.

Sorry I am such a whiner lately. I don't like that and I'll try and do better. I'll let you know how everything goes on Monday.

Thank you minnie56. I know you are right, it's just that I'm just a big baby and cry at anything.

Today Karen called to tell me I need to go to my doctors office and get an EKG, then get blood work done and after that get a chest xray. Luckily they are all close together. I get the EKG and was just ready to go when the girl stopped me to tell me Karen had called to say that I needed a medical clearance for this procedure. But my doctor was completely booked for today and tomorrow. Just what I needed to hear. As usual I started to cry. The girl told me not to cry and they would work something out and not to worry. She called Karen and told her and then Karen calmed me down. I got all the tests done and called her when I got home.

I went on a rant saying that why couldn't the doctor call one patient and say they had to reschedule because of an emergency? Karen said that what I wanted to tell you mom. The doctor called and you can go to one of the other doctors there tomorrow afternoon and get the medical clearance. They don't usually do that because your doctor knows you, but since this is an emergency I can go. YAYYYYYY

One good thing, my eyes are getting a good washing out lately.

Sorry I am such a whiner lately. I don't like that and I'll try and do better. I'll let you know how everything goes on Monday.

Awwww your emotions are at an all time high and whose wouldn't be !
Even though you have great support it's still you going through this ..and in the medical world things don't always sync up timewise which is so frustrating so I'm happy they have you sorted to get things taken care of tomorrow. All a big step in the right direction to putting this behind you. Do you have someone able to go along on the appointments with you to help pass the time and keep your spirits up ?

You are doing a great job! A few tears never hurt anyone. And you know what I bet, you will feel so much better a week or two from now. You are just in " unknown" territory right now. I hate unknowns too!

I know you have hundreds ( if not thousands) of decorations for the holidays! Can you tell us about a few of your favorites??

Getting the run around is always frustrating. I hope everything went A-OK today. I’ll be thinking good thoughts on Monday for you.

A little extra busy here.......
I just wanted to say it's okay to break down, cry and have your moments. Then distract yourself and try to snap out of it. Out of our control. I would also want it all to be over like yesterday. Hang in there, one day at a time. Sounds like all will be okay and caught early. How did everything go yesterday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter