Angelrose's Journey

Thank you minnie56. The waiting is the worst. The strange thing is that except for some minor cramps and the bleeding, I don't feel bad at all. I do get so tired all the time. I would think that I would feel awful all the time. Very glad that I don't.

Thank you piglet50. I am blessed with a great son and daughter in law. Karen and I are always laughing about something. On the ride over I was telling her sayings that I heard from my mom. Like "it's done and dusted", and "kerfuffle" meaning a brouhaha. The first time I said it she blessed me, thinking I had sneezed. LOL There was another saying, that I can't use here, but we did get a big laugh out of that too. She keeps telling me I am old. LOL GEEEEE really?? I think when this is over we can take our show on the road. At least we will be laughing.

I love your sense of humor. I hope you get more definite answers on the 29th.

Wanted to wish you and your family and everyone here a Merry Christmas. A happy, safe and healthy one.

Thank you AnnaS.

I want to wish all of my dear friends here a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR filled with blessings for a joyous New Year!

The thing is... with FB is I see you there and forget to stop by the DIS...I really want to keep up here as well...but...being that I am OLD juggling both is more than my brain can remember!!:rotfl: :charac2::sad2:

Mary, I just caught up with the thread and am so sorry for all you have been going through. I hope you get more helpful answers on the 29th and will have a plan. You have had to go through so many tests...you are amazing. Not sure I could have done all those tests.

I had uterine cancer in 2010 - it was 75% through the uterine wall and had spread into the "lymph node space"...several lymph nodes were removed during the surgery (total hysterectomy). I declined radiation because my I felt the possible side effects for me (sores, burns, permanent colostomy) were a higher chance than the cancer returning (90% chance it would not). Other than the much unneeded weight gain, which is not as easy to lose as when I was younger and pre-hysterectomy lol (hey, any excuse, right?)...but otherwise doing well. You will be very close in my heart, thoughts and prayer as you conquer this challenge.

When I had the terrible shoulder injury and major surgery...I was terrified of the surgery as I had heard over and over again how painful the recovery would be...and a very long recovery. I postponed the surgery because I was so scared! Two weeks later on the day of the surgery I felt in a cocoon of love and prayer...truly surrounded by the support of friends...many on FB who I had never met in person. It gave me so much peace...I hope you will feel the same..surrounded by our love and prayer to help carry you through this journey.

Sorry this is so long...but must share one more...lol...kind of a Christmas story:

It was the day after Christmas at a church in San Francisco. The pastor of the church was looking over the lawn when he noticed that the baby Jesus was missing from among the figures. He hurried outside and saw a little boy with a red wagon, and in the wagon was the figure of the little infant Jesus.

So he walked up to the boy and said, "Well, where did you get your passenger, my fine friend?" The little boy replied, "I got Him at church." "And why did you take Him?" The boy explained, "Well, about a week before Christmas I prayed to the little Lord Jesus and I told Him if He would bring me a red wagon for Christmas I would give Him a ride around the block in it.."

One more! (Not being disrespectful to the South...I live here, and my anscestors came from Germany to the County where I accidentally wound up living!)

In a small Southern town there was a nativity scene that indicated
great skill and talent in its creation. One small feature bothered
me though. The three wise men were wearing firemen's helmets.

Totally unable to come up with a reason or explanation, I left. At a
"Quik Stop" on the edge of town, I asked the lady behind the counter
about the helmets. She exploded into a rage, yelling at me, "You darn
Yankees never do read the Bible!"

I assured her that I did, but simply couldn't recall anything about
firemen in the Bible. She jerked her Bible from behind the counter
and ruffled through some pages, and finally jabbed her finger at a
particular passage.

Sticking it in my face she said, "See, it says right here, 'The
three wise men came from afar.'"

First I want to wish all my dear friends here a very HAPPY NEW YEAR filled with all the good things and blessings.

My appointment didn't go as well as I had hoped. It is stage 3 and has only infected one lymph node. He is going to talk to the surgeon and see if she can do a hysterectomy without taking out my rectum which I won't do. If I can do the hysterectomy and taking out the ******, then I get radiation with a cyber knife and then shots. Now the hard part, as it stands now I have two years left. I will not accept this. I have to much to look forward to. I know this cancer is very bad especially where it is. If I have some "magic" markers in the biopsy then I have a better chance of living a few more years. I will have to take pills that make my own body fight the cancer which has the side affect of fighting the good this also. Another option is just to take out the mass which will grow back and we're back to two years again.

This was quite a blow to me because I don't feel bad. That's the weird part of this cancer, by the time you feel any symptoms, it has already gone too far. I will find out this week what can be done with surgery. I think I want to get a second opinion if she can't do the surgery without taking out my rectum. Hopefully I can have the surgery I want.

Please keep me in your prayers.

Mary, I don't participate on this thread (much) but take a peek now and then just to see how things are going. Sounds like you good use a big :hug: right about now. So sorry to hear about your cancer and will be thinking and praying for you in the new year. :angel:

Thank you Kitty 34. I really appreciate the prayers. It has been quite a shock, but I will get through this. It's just another part of my journey.

I have followed your thread a bit and know you are a fellow South Jersey neighbor. We had hip replacement this year with Rothman! However, this news is far worse than a hip replacement. Yet, I know you will fight through this with the same strength you had with your hips. You are a fighter, have much to live for and have tons of prayers coming your way.

Good Morning Mary. I don't post much but I follow you here, and wanted you to know that I am praying for you. I know you will not give up!

We were all hoping and praying this was not the news we wanted to hear. You are definitely in our prayers and here for you. Have I mentioned that cancer/the beast sucks!!!!!! Big time........and like I have mentioned, know a little too much about it. Stay strong, do what you have to do and everything you want to do until you are satisfied and know all your options.

Oh Mary! What a blow! I know you were hoping for better news (as we all were!) Get a second opinion. I continue to pray for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter