Angelrose's Journey

I had a scare on Saturday. The morning I felt great and I was putting away some decorations and all the wreaths. I had my lunch and then around 2 I started to bleed heavily. I was changing pads every 10 to 15 minutes. I finally called Karen to ask if she could take me to get more supplies. She immediately came over, Chuck shoveled my back porch while she was calling the doctor. The told her to take me immediately to Cooper ER. I am such a baby, I was crying about everything. Karen always calms me down. Now the ER at Cooper is not in the best part of town. In fact it was downright scary. I was sitting in a wheelchair and this scary man starts to push my wheelchair. Heaven knows where he was going to take me, but Karen told him I was fine right there. He tried it again a bit later. Thank goodness there was a security guard there who talked to him. I had to wait 2 hours and 45 minutes because I had to have a room. After getting me into a room, the had to move me to a room to do an exam with this resident who looked 12. LOL They gave me some drug to do the exam and I will spare you the gory details. I was out of it but Karen told me today. Anyway they stuffed gauze up there and catheterized me. I did get sick from the drug but then Karen left around 2 and I slept soundly until 8. I had a blood count done and it was still in the normal range which surprised everyone. I was able to come home Sunday afternoon. I feel much better after sleeping most of yesterday and part of today.

We went to see the surgeon this morning and she explained which she was going to do and how close this mass is to my rectum. Hopefully she can get everything without damaging it. That will be another problem. This operation is only palliative which means we are just getting rid of the symptoms. The radiation comes next. Just hope for the best.

Oh dear, that's a horrible experience for you ...
Please take it easy , put your feet up..watch some tv, read , please be kind to you. The time will come again where you can be a busy bee! When is your surgery? I'm assuming not in the same hospital ? That's a bit scary!
Prayers that she can get all of it without further damage and then radiation can kick the rest!
It takes a village and you've got a huge Disney family village holding you in their hearts and prayers xo

Thanks minnie56. The surgery is scheduled for Thursday. It is at the same hospital but NOT the ER! LOL The hospital, doctors and staff are wonderful and very caring people. I am so grateful for all of your support and prayers. I know that with that I will definitely win! Besides in 2019 we are all going back to Dollywood. I can't miss that!

I still can't get over the fact that the resident who must be close to 30, looks like she is 12. I guess that means I am getting OLD. LOL

I was just praying for you earlier today! :hug:

Sorry to hear you had such trouble...make sure to take it easy and I'm sure the surgery will go well!! Like the PP said, you'll have plenty of time to be busy!!:goodvibes

The Disney family is in your corner and you have great support from your family. :grouphug:

Thanks minnie56. The surgery is scheduled for Thursday. It is at the same hospital but NOT the ER! LOL The hospital, doctors and staff are wonderful and very caring people. I am so grateful for all of your support and prayers. I know that with that I will definitely win! Besides in 2019 we are all going back to Dollywood. I can't miss that!

I still can't get over the fact that the resident who must be close to 30, looks like she is 12. I guess that means I am getting OLD. LOL

Oh dear aren't we all!!
And yes, you WILL win! This too ...shall pass.
Okay, as long as the hospital makes you feel better than the ER ..they aren't the best indicator of the worth of a hospital thank heavens. It will be good when surgery is done with and next steps can happen.
We're here for you ..but you know that!

Thank you BellaBaby for your prayers. I sure need them.

minnie56, MDAnderson at Cooper hospital is one of the best cancer hospitals in the country. I'm lucky to be a patient there. They have a bell that you ring when you are cancer free. I plan on ringing that bell!

Thank you BellaBaby for your prayers. I sure need them.

minnie56, MDAnderson at Cooper hospital is one of the best cancer hospitals in the country. I'm lucky to be a patient there. They have a bell that you ring when you are cancer free. I plan on ringing that bell!

Good good good! That's all that matters !
You'll be ringing it!

[QUOTE="Angelrose, post: 58656074, member: 8374MDAnderson at Cooper hospital is one of the best cancer hospitals in the country. I'm lucky to be a patient there. They have a bell that you ring when you are cancer free. I plan on ringing that bell![/QUOTE]

Maybe when you ring the bell you can wear a Disney shirt? Or Mickey ears? And Karen can take your picture?

So sorry you had to go through that over the weekend, but glad they were able to get the bleeding controlled.

Good that you have your surgery scheduled, will be praying that all goes according to plan :grouphug:

They have a bell that you ring when you are cancer free. I plan on ringing that bell!

You are going to ring that bell, Mary!!!!!

featuredImage.resize.702.404.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Mary - what a tough weekend. I’ll be sending good vibes and continue praying for you. You’re going to beat this!

Grumpy'sGal what a great idea. I will certainly wear my Disney shirt, probably Tinkerbell, and my green sequined Minnie ears when I ring that bell.

Dan, thanks so much for the picture of the bell.

Thank you minniecarousel and rndmr2. Just one more day to go.

How long will you be in hospital Angelrose?
We shall have to wait to hear news...this time next week it will all be well behind you!

I will either be able to go home the same day or just an overnight stay. If it's the same day I will have to stay with Chuck and Karen for 24 hours. I should be able to post on Friday night.

Thank you Minnie17.

Sorry you had such a scare. I'm praying for you and those doctors. Please take care and don't overdo it when the surgery is over. So glad you have that wonderful family to help you.

Thank you piglet50. I sure am blessed with so many wonderful friends and a great family to count on.

That was beautiful debknight. Thank you so much.

Thank you Gr8t Fan. I need all the prayers I can get.

Surgery is set for 7am tomorrow. That's the first step on my road to recovery. Hopefully I can post on Friday.

God Bless you Angelrose ...keeping you in my prayers and thoughts that you'll be feeling so much better soon!
Hugs xo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter