Angelrose's Journey

That was a busy but sounds fruitful day!
Is Chris someone you’ve known for awhile, sounds like yes? I might have missed that part of the story.
Wonder what creepy guy was nosing around for, weird.
Happy that you’re simplifying your life and will be safe from here on ..
You’ll need some serious rest after this weekend !

Thank you debknight and minnie56. It was a quick sale. We've know Chris and his family for at least 12 years. He and Ron were best buddies since the first day they moved in. They were the first to arrive at Ron's funeral too. They have done so much for me since that terrible day. Chris is going to remodel the house and update it and move things around. He is so excited and grateful that we gave him the chance to buy the house. It's a private sale so no need for lawyers or real estate agents. This is a hobby of his to buy a house, remodel it and flip it. I don't know if he will actually flip this or keep it himself. I know Ron approves of selling to Chris. He keeps coming in to see us when we are there and telling us different things he is going to do. His wife is a darling woman and his boys are so polite and always asking if I need anything when I was there alone.

On to CREEPY guy. He just gave off the vibe that he was up to no good. Maybe he was casing the property to see if he could come in and rob the place. But he won't get the chance. I know that until the last couple of years, the property was mowed and definitely did NOT look abandoned!

Today was slower but we still had a steady stream of people looking and buying. Everything in the basement is gone except for a few pieces of petrified wood. Funny story. My cousin Joan was there to help today. She was amazed that people were buying rusty old tools. She threw her father's old tools out because her boys made her do it. LOL And everytime someone else but a bunch of rusty tools, she would get pissed at her boys and we would laugh at her expense. Finally she just started laughing at the steady stream of men who bought rusty tools. When it was all gone she whispered that she was going to tell them to go to the dump and she would tell them where to dig for her tools. LOL

We got ready to leave around 3:30 and were sitting at the kitchen table when we saw a woman "skulking" around out back. When she saw the car and us looking at her as she was behind the dumpster she got this "deer in the headlights" look. Karen just opened the door and told her she was welcome to come in and look at what was left of the sale. She came in the back door and rushed out the front door, got in her car and off she went. She thought no one was home and was going to go dumpster diving. No lady you are not. I was leaving as she left or I would be telling her the penalties for dumpster diving and trespassing on private property for illegal purposes. I am pretty good at making that sort of thing up on the spur of the moment. I've watched enough law and order to make it seem right. LOL But I doubt she will be back and we have notified Chris about her little jaunt onto our property.

The antique guys were here until 8 packing up all the rocks and minerals they bought. Not even close to finishing. They will be there tomorrow morning with me to continue packing up. They will also have contacted someone who buys furniture to see if he is interested in what we have left. If they expect to get me to lower my prices because Karen and Chuck aren't there, they will be sadly mistaken. We have told them that whatever they don't buy, we will break and toss in the dumpster. Yes we will really do that. There are some things we will donate of course. But the little figurines and chotchkees will meet their demise if not bought.

There is one big item that we have given a rock bottom price for, knowing that no one else has this whole set for sale anywhere. I know they will want a better price and that is NOT going to happen. If they don't meet the price, we will keep it and we will go to the trouble of putting it up for sale on Ebay. I know we will get a better price for it there, but we just don't want to go to the trouble of doing that if we can help it.

I am really happy about the results of the estate sale and it will go a long way to help with the expenses of my chemo and other things. I know Ron is smiling on this as well.

Wow! You guys act fast! Glad your weekend sale went so well. I can imagine how stoic you must have been, seeing so many personal items go out the door. Just another chapter, eh? Keep up the good fight!

Hi minniecarousel. It was hard at first, but I saved the things that meant the most to me and Chuck. It will be good to have this all done and we can all finally relax. It's been hard on Chuck and Karen especially because they had to do all the work organizing things and hauling stuff out to the dumpster, and moving the big stuff around. We all are looking forward to the closing.

The only thing that annoys me is when I tell people that this is a set and the price is the price and then they come back with, well will you take pittance for the one table? NOOOO Well, that part is done. I would rather give it away than break up a set. I'm sure someone will be thrilled to get these tables and the sofas. They aren't very new but they are not dirty or torn and they don't smell of smoke or pets. We will be calling Habitat for Humanity or maybe the Salvation Army to see if they want these things.

Thankfully Chris wants the crystal chandelier and the wall sconces from the Traymore Hotel that was torn down in 1971. It was built around 1918.

My cousin Butch and his husband Don is coming to see me tomorrow. They are up from Florida for a few days and I really miss him. We grew up together and were "partners in crime" on more than one occasion. So many wonderful memories.

Glad you stuck to your guns about your prices. I agree - I’ll give it away rather than price it ridiculously low. You know that a charity will take furniture.

I remember you talking about your fun “Cousins Luncheons”! Good that you will get to see Butch & Don. Have fun!

Thanks minniecarousel. I think I am channeling my mom's spitefulness with the pricing. LOL There goes my Italian/Irish temper with these people. Well, now it's over and all that is left is trying to find a place here for my coats. I have found a place for all my clothes with a few exceptions. I still have to find a place for my 4 purses. I also have to find a place to hide my dusting supplies. Karen has forbidden me to do any dusting, cleaning of even my own room. Goodness, I am not an invalid and I am going to dust when I want. Karen will just think it's magic! LOL They do try and make sure I am well rested and am taking my meds. But there is a limit. I had to argue to just let me walk out to get the mail. It's maybe 10 feet. I think I can manage that except for when it's too humid, snowing or raining. I know my limits and I will be good and really take it easy. I do take a couple of naps during the day.

For some reason I feel really good about things today. I just have a feeling that maybe things are starting to work. It may be just wishful thinking, but you never know.

Angelrose I am really impressed! You all have done so much. I am glad to hear the estate sale went well and your house is sold. Wow! People are so strange. Creepy guy and dumpster lady. Sounds like you dealt with them perfectly.

Yes I'm sure you will be happy when it's all done and you can relax. You will find places to put your coats and purses, I have faith in you!

Take care, rest and good luck with the sale.
Mim

Last edited:

Thank you DisneyMim. We have closing on the 6th. This Saturday Chuck and the family and Karen's friend Amber will be loading up a UHaul to bring what furniture we are bringing here. I have this strange feeling that I won't be allowed to help. LOL I would just be getting in the way and somehow I can't picture me helping to lift a heavy coffee table or a display cabinet onto the UHaul. Actually I can picture it and it's very funny.

My cousin Butch and Don came to see me today and it was so much fun. Butch and I grew up together and we have so many happy memories of our childhood. We just laughed and laughed. We never had an argument growing up. We had disagreements rarely but they never lasted long. We talked about my parents and his and our aunts that played such a huge part in our lives. We miss them but always happy memories to sustain us. Don laughed at some of our exploits that seemed such good ideas at the time.

They brought me a blueberry loaf from the local farm. He knows my weakness! I already had a piece and it was so good.

They left after two hours. I probably won't see them again for at least a year as they live in Florida, but there is always the phone. I miss them already.

Oh yes, I did find a place for my purses. Now my coats is another story. They definitely won't fit in my closet and I can't see any room in the coat closet downstairs. That will be their problem. LOL

How are you this weekend Angelrose? Hopefully, things are quieter and you can catch your breath!
Hugs ..

I have gone back a few more times to get "just one more thing". LOL My cousin Joan took my Noritake china. While there she noticed a small wooden jewelry box. She said, "Oh you got one too". I had no clue what she was talking about. It seems for graduation at Atlantic City High School, each girl got a Lane wooden jewelry box. That was a big name in furniture back then. It was in the hopes that each girl would then ask her mother to get her a Lane Hope Chest. LOL Now you know how old I am. I didn't remember that at all. I gave it to her so now she has two. Let her store it. I went back today just to get a couple of big plastic hangers that are good for sweatshirts. As I was leaving the man came to get the dumpster. Now that is gone too. I gave my keys to Chuck. There is no more reason to go back there until Chris does his remodeling.

We had hopes that the closing would be this Friday but the , oh darn I forgot who he is, but until he does what he has to do, we can't close. Now I'm sure that is clear as blue mud. Everything else is ready except for Mr. Somebody. I have no brain left, sorry.

I managed to put my purses up on the shelf and got a few of my coats in my closet. We still have many totes filled with my stuff to hang up on my walls and office supplies to put away. Hopefully this weekend we can make a big dent in what's left. Poor Chuck, I know how stressed he is with all this lifting and hauling. Last night I apologized to Karen and I hardly got the words out before she told Chuck to tell me to cut it out. He said, "Ma, don't worry, if we run out of space, we will just put you out on the front porch." LOL And that my friends was the end of that.

Hi Mary, just catching up. Impressed and happy for all of you with the quick sale of the house. Good luck with the closing and I hope it happens soon for you. It is all exhausting.

Thanks AnnaS. Still no word about the closing. Maybe next week. We are still finding things we had no idea we still had. Still putting things away. I am enjoying the grandkids snuggling with me every night. I'm squished in the middle, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Glad the estate sale went well despite creepy guy. Hope the closing is rescheduled quickly. Mr. Somebody is probably the radon test guy or fire detector test person. I think they are NJ rules even with private sales .
Loved reading about snuggling with your grandkids. I still cherish my memories of times with my grandparents decades later.

Thanks ncc1701. One can only hope he gets moving so we can get this over with.

Snuggling is one of my joys in life.

Thanks AnnaS. Still no word about the closing. Maybe next week. We are still finding things we had no idea we still had. Still putting things away. I am enjoying the grandkids snuggling with me every night. I'm squished in the middle, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

That is so sweet! I love it :)

There is so much that happens/goes on before the sale of a house, inspections, title search, etc. It will happen but yes, it will be great when over and done with it. We are hoping to close by the end of the month also on my mom's (parents) home.

Hoping it will be next Thursday, but you never know until it's done.

We just went to see The Incredibles 2. There is a warning that the flashing lights may cause a seizure. I don't have that problem, but flashing lights do bother me. I spent most of the movie with my eyes closed. Jesse gets migraines and it made him so sick, poor kid. So if you know anyone that is going to see that movie, warn them about that.

Once again, I could or find the thread and the DIS must not send out notifications anymore. All caught up now...Octôber will be here before we know it (too soon!) and you all will be off to Disney again. We are looking for a new condo resort...if you know the name of where you stayed, would you message me on FB ehere I will be sure to see it? Thanks much! Are you going back to the same one in October? Where we stayed was incredibly close to Disney...we were on property in less than 5 mins, AK was another minute or two,
and at MK parking in 15. It is a great and secure complex but the owner we liked very much soldier his condo and the new owner doesn't accept even our tiny, non-shedding dogs. Often owners will allow ours because they do not shed, are tiny, and old.

Thankful the port is in and no problems. I imagine it must take getting used to...do you feel it all the time? Hope there is no discomfort.

You are in my thoughts and prayer so often, Mary. You probably have no idea what an inspiration you are to many of us. :lovestruc So wise to stop the sugar and carbs...I have lost 25 lbs ..slowly since late Jan. Have essentially cut out all fast food, most sweets...I have a WW fudge bar when we have them in the house...and I am not even nearly as good as you about sugar. I still eat too much ...not even close to what I ate before though. It is definitely a journey...don't think I could do that Keto though...what is left to eat?? Lol

Sure wish the DIS would send me notifications....I will try to check in more often. xo

Welcome back Minnie&Nana. We are staying at a different resort this time and I'm not sure what it is. We usually get our vacation home from Vacations by the Mouse. But I think this time we are getting a condo. We've been so busy with my health issues and moving me into Chuck's house and the estate sale and the sale of the house, we haven't had any time to think about our vacation. Too horrible to say those words!!! Now that things have calmed down a bit I'm sure we can get back to what's really important.

My port is fine, I hardly know it's there except for when they connect me and then it's just a pinch. I have been trying to keep off the sugar but I've been so stressed with moving that I have been very bad lately. That and having to take the Prednizone makes me so hungry at times. But this too shall pass. I am still feeling great. I will have another infusion of the poison this Friday and hope that it is doing some good. I will have to have a cat scan and an MRI to see how things are doing. I just have a good feeling about this.

Welcome back Minnie&Nana. We are staying at a different resort this time and I'm not sure what it is. We usually get our vacation home from Vacations by the Mouse. But I think this time we are getting a condo. We've been so busy with my health issues and moving me into Chuck's house and the estate sale and the sale of the house, we haven't had any time to think about our vacation. Too horrible to say those words!!! Now that things have calmed down a bit I'm sure we can get back to what's really important.

My port is fine, I hardly know it's there except for when they connect me and then it's just a pinch. I have been trying to keep off the sugar but I've been so stressed with moving that I have been very bad lately. That and having to take the Prednizone makes me so hungry at times. But this too shall pass. I am still feeling great. I will have another infusion of the poison this Friday and hope that it is doing some good. I will have to have a cat scan and an MRI to see how things are doing. I just have a good feeling about this.

Hi Mary! So happy to hear things are moving along. You sound wonderful!!! Now you can get back to planning that Disney trip!!!

Sorry I haven't posted in so long, lots of stuff going on. My neighbor/friend who is 94 years old is going thru a rough patch that might lead to a nursing home. DH still hasn't retired and we are getting so tired. Hope to get some beach time when he is on vacation next week.

I'll try to check in more often. Keep up the good work!!!!:love2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter