Angelrose's Journey

Thank you frog3101, Neesy228, snappyd and minnie56. We are all getting so excited to be gone! I can't wait for the Halloween party and the food and wine festival. I got more clothes together to pack and will do that this weekend. I would jump up and down in excitement but I will just do that in my dreams. LOL

Yesterday Karen was making a yummy chicken dinner but she hated to cut up raw chicken. I said I would do it because it doesn't bother me. Karen was thrilled. So I now am the OFFICIAL RAW CHICKEN CUTTER UPPER. Aren't you impressed? That goes along with being the OFFICIAL ROTISSERIE CHICKEN PICKER APARTER. Yes we are a weird family.

Have a great time Mary!!!!!!!

Funny, I have a friend who also hated to touch, clean chicken on a bone. Cutlets not a problem :).

Thank you AnnaS. I'm sure we will.

My doctor's visit went well. Nothing much has changed. He asked me my reasons for not getting a second opinion and going for clinical trials. I again told him because of my age and right now I am in no pain. Most of the time these trials don't work and I don't want to put myself through that. He said you have no pain now, but you will soon. Well, PBSTTTTTT to you doc. That might be true, but then again it might not. I'm going with the it might not. So there! I know he is just trying to warn me about what might be coming. But who really knows for sure? With all the prayers, hugs, pixie dust and laughter from all my friends and family it might not come for months or even years, God willing.

Right now I am looking forward to Disney and then in May I am looking forward to go to Dollywood. There is a lot of things I can't do, but the condo where we stay has an outdoor pool and an indoor pool. Nobody uses the indoor pool, so I use that as my personal private pool. I can swim for a while in the morning and then after lunch and a nap I can have another swim. I don't mind foregoing hikes. That was never one of my favorite things to do anyway. I will have a scooter for the theme park and I'm sure we will go to the Dixie Stampede where all you do is sit and eat and watch the show. I feel that as long as I have something to look forward to, I will keep this beast at bay.

Wednesday I went to the dermatologist and she froze off a few spots of the scaley thingies. The one on my hand was large and may have to be looked at again in 6 months. It blistered and I broke it and put a bandage on it. While we were at dinner I told Chuck it was still weeping. He looked at my hand and said, "Now you just cheer up, you hear?" OMG I laughed so hard. Sadly my hand didn't listen and continued to weep until this morning. It's healing up nicely.

Impressive! “Raw chicken cutter-upper” AND “rotisserie chicken pick-aparter”!

I know you’re looking forward to your Disney trip. F&W is so delicious! You need fewer ADR’s when you nibble your way around the World.

So nice to see a post from you. I'm sure that you will have a wonderful time at WDW. You seem to be able to have a great time anywhere you are. That's a real gift. Dollywood is a beautiful place. I love the eagle sanctuary and to watch the glass blowers. You will love it. Again, your wonderful spirit just shines from your posts. God bless.

minnniecarousel, we have been to the food and wine festival before. We don't have breakfast and start grazing as soon as they open. I tried escargot for the first time and it was so good. I couldn't get anyone else to try a taste. But everything we tried was delicious. We tried everything that appealed to us and then went around again later to get our favorites again. We even went another day to get our favorites again.

Thank you piglet50. I love Dollywood. We were there two years ago I believe. I loved all the little stores and the food. Our favorites were the sausage and peppers sandwiches and the cinnamon bread. That stuff is addicting! I also enjoyed the singers. That was a great show. I also loved the eagle sanctuary and the Dixie Stampede. I'm looking forward to do all that again.

We love, love escargot. Have been eating this for years. My parents used to just sauté it with some oil, garlic and parsley in a pan. We would just suck that little thing right out of it's shell (after puncturing a tinly hole on the tip of the shell to make it easier to come out).

Dollywood is now on my list as of last year as a place to visit in the near future. I keep hearing more and more about it/people visiting, etc.

Enjoy!!

Angelrose, I’ve been thinking of you! I’m not a frequent poster but I am a frequent reader ! We will just miss each other on our trips. I am going up on October 14. I know you’ll have a great time. Make sure to eat lots of candy for me from the Halloween party!
Xoxoxo

Thank you hellokitty86. Oh I will be home on the 13th. Darn it. I will be sure to eat some Halloween candy for you. LOL Sometimes, I just have to put what I get with the kids loot so I don't over indulge. I just take a few of my favorites and space those treats out over the rest of our vacation.

Just stopping by to say goodby. I'm off to Disney World on Saturday, but my computer is leaving tomorrow along with my luggage and the rest of the family. I will try and get on line on Sunday.

Just stopping by to say goodby. I'm off to Disney World on Saturday, but my computer is leaving tomorrow along with my luggage and the rest of the family. I will try and get on line on Sunday.

Have a wonderful trip! :cheer2: We'll be looking forward to your stories.

Just to let you know I had a safe flight and got to our condo right on time. The whole condo is beautiful. Jesse and Zoey's room is like a pirate ship with Capt. Jack on the wall. It is just AWESOME! My room is lovely and the bed is super comfy. Just one small problem. It's so high I couldn't get in until we found a little step stool. We have a small swimming pool with a little water fall. The kitchen is just perfect and the dining room and living room are perfect too. Today we went to the food and wine festival. I know I gained at least 400 pounds today. But the food is just so delicious.

Right now I am so tired I can hardly stay awake. I haven't even had time to write up my notes for the trip report. Maybe I will have more time tomorrow. It's hard work having so much fun!

Yay! Glad you’re there, safe & sound!

We just stayed a few nights in Monterey & the house my son rented had flying visible termites! No way were we staying there with a 4 month old baby! Stayed in a motel for a night, then the management company found us another house for the next two nights. Much smaller and “creaky” but clean & bug-free! (Haha!)

My other son scored all the Fastpasses we wanted for our trip in Dec! Yay!

I’ll be thinking of you this week! Have fun!

Hi Angelrose, I don't usually post here but have followed your thread from the beginning.
I just want to say, have a wonderful time with your family. I, like many here, am very much looking forward to hearing all about your trip. Have a wonderful time!!

Thanks minniecarousel. I can't tell you how much we love this condo. It's just gorgeous. We are having so much fun! We got to ride the new Toy Story rides today at the Studios. The new Slinky toy roller coaster was fabulous. The Tower of Terror was great. So many up and downs. Tomorrow is the Halloween party and we are staying until the bitter end. More fun days ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter