Angelrose's Journey

Oh dear, must be so uncomfortable ..
I hope the Dr has a suggestion and can make you a little more comfortable.
Many years back I had a batholins cyst TMI I know.... I can kind of imagine your plight!!
Not fun...hang in there sweet you

Mary! It’s almost the weekend!:flower1:
Don’t keep us in suspense... do you have big weekend plans? A date? Dancing perhaps? :duck:

Hope you’re feeling better!

Hi Minnie56, I did better than I thought. There isn't much to be done.. I have to use a sitz bath 3 or 4 times a day. The traffic was terrible coming home. We finally found a chiks and go sit inside until the mess was cleared from the highway.

For dinner we stopped at chilis. I had a milk shake and Texas Frieday We 1:15 we were on the road. My a ppointmnet was for 1;30, I got in around 4:30 and then we started home. We didn't get home until around 9 and I was exhausted.

One good thing she told Karen that she thinks I will have longer than the 6 months my oncologist said. I'll take!

Hi Minnie56, I did better than I thought. There isn't much to be done.. I have to use a sitz bath 3 or 4 times a day. The traffic was terrible coming home. We finally found a chiks and go sit inside until the mess was cleared from the highway.

For dinner we stopped at chilis. I had a milk shake and Texas Frieday We 1:15 we were on the road. My a ppointmnet was for 1;30, I got in around 4:30 and then we started home. We didn't get home until around 9 and I was exhausted.

One good thing she told Karen that she thinks I will have longer than the 6 months my oncologist said. I'll take!

Well , Sitz baths should help make things a little more comfortable.
I’m so glad that time is on your side ! It’s your wonderful outlook and inner peace that’s serving you well in addition to your amazing family support. I pray for the blessings of much more time for you and for you to feel well enough to enjoy it.

Traffic, always always a nightmare.
The shortest jaunts can become gruelling.

Many hugs xx

Thank you minnie 56 and Grumpy's Gal. I am feeling a bit better but I get so tired all the time. right now all I want to do is get in my reclined. Hugs right back to all.

Rest in your recliner and know all of us are here for you all the time

Sending you gentle hugs

Thank you minnie 56 and Grumpy's Gal. I am feeling a bit better but I get so tired all the time. right now all I want to do is get in my reclined. Hugs right back to all.

That’s okay..enjoy being comfortable..I think winter makes us all a little wearier than usual as well.

It’s going to be a chilly weekend. A recliner, a warm blanket and a nice mug of something warm to drink and a movie to watch on tv sounds about perfect!!

Thank you macraven, Grumpy's Gal and minnie56. I just have to accept that this is the new me, not the woman I was 5 years ago. It's hard to accept that I nee so much help these days. You have no idea what my Karen does for me. Some of it is disgusting that it makes me cry to see what she has to do. She does this without complaint and when I cry she tells me it's all good and this is what you do for family. Chuck has to help me up the stairs and always makes me laugh while doing it. With my arthritis is my legs plus the swelling I have to ask Karen to help me put on my undies. I am nominate them both for sainthood! LOL

Angelrose, it's not easy accepting help from others.

It is an honor for your family to be able to help you. I'm sure that's how they feel. You know they love you and are glad to be able to help care for you.

My grandmother needed help her last few years and we were so glad to be able to help her and keep her close to us.

Hi Angelrose, I found your thread a while ago and love reading about all of your adventures. I had a baby and took a break from the DIS, but recently came back (we're planning the baby's first WDW trip!) and I was able to catch up. Lots of prayers heading your way. Loved your latest trip report, it was nice to read even without the pictures.

Dear Angelose, It is always so wonderful to see your updates, I admire you so much! The lessons I have learned from you, are profound! I often think of you during my day,and wonder "What humor could Angelrose find in this situation?" Thank you so much for sharing your love, heartaches, humor, dreams, and your wonderful family with all of us.

Mary, it’s hard to “take” when you’ve been independent and a “giver”. I did so much for my mom and wouldn’t have traded that experience for anything! So let them do for you, Karen’s right - you do for family.

Oh thank you Southernmiss, macraven, eskskick, dazedx3 and minniecarousl. I know the whole family loves to do something for me every day. Today Jesse helped me put ont my slippers, and he did it with a smile. I confided to Karen that I hadn't been taking my pain pills like I should and just started taking them every 4 hours like I should. I feel so much better and my mind is clearer now. Karen said I must call her when I take my first pill in the morning and then she will call me to make sure I take it every four hours. LOL All I could say was "yes mommy". She told me my mind isn't working as well and of course I knew that. When I catch myself doing something stupid, I mentally say, "stupid old bat". If I say it out loud Karen gives me a dirty look. I just have to accept I do need help and Thank God I have such a wonderful family that loves to help me.

I really like my nurse the aid and the PT. I had the aid come today and she gave me my shower. Now I can certainly do this myself, but oh, it felt so much better with her doing it. She helped me get back into my jammies after putting on my lotion. After she helped me put on my slippers, she changed my sheets and made my bed with military corners! I hope I don't cut myself getting into bed. LOL Then she cleaned up everything, put my towel in the laundry and went home. She comes twice a week.

I did my exercises and really felt better afterwards.

Angelrose, I was completely helpless for a long time after my accident and it was hard to get used to. I even remember my poor son having to dress my wounds because for a while there was no one else. I can relate a little. :hug:

Take your medication the way you are supposed to. I just had minor surgery Thursday and the nurse told me stop being a hero...........everyone is there for you. I am glad you have extra help twice a week. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter