Animal/Adventure Theme Trip!


Happy Disney Mom!
Sep 12, 2019
We’re back from a short (Monday to Thursday) trip to Disney World and it was so much fun! To help us make a plan we went with an animal/adventure theme. Here’s how it went down!

We left Atlanta Sunday afternoon and spent the night at a Hampton Inn in Lake City. It’s a nice Hampton Inn and right off I75. We picked up Moe’s for dinner and there were lots of other chain restaurants in the area. It’s about 2.5 hours north of Orlando.

On Monday we arrived at Disney Springs around 11:30 am and had lunch at Rainforest Cafe. It’s been years since we’ve been and the meal was surprisingly good! All four of us enjoyed it and the service was excellent!

We did some shopping at World of Disney then drove over to Yacht Club to scope out the fishing dock because we had a guided fishing trip scheduled for early the next morning. Parking at Yacht was full (the gate attendant told us to look for the blue sign as a signal next time) but Beach Club next door let us park. We walked around both resorts (wow at the pool!) and found the boat dock.

It was a short walk over to the Boardwalk where we looked around the shops. My daughter bought a Mickey necklace with her birth stone. The first of many souvenirs!

By that time it was almost 3, so we headed to AKL. No text yet that our room was ready so we got out our pool bag and went swimming (in February-yay, Florida!). At 4:30 still no text with our room info, so we went to the front desk. A cast member checked us into a room and we headed right up.

We had a beautiful pool view (even on the 5th floor the pool was noisy - which we just embraced). We really missed the view of the Savannah we had last time, though. It took about an hour for bell services to bring our luggage so my family explored a little while I waited.

That evening we mobile ordered dinner from the Mara (SO good) and went to bed early.

We woke up at 6 am to go on our guided fishing trip! We met our guide, Rick, at the Bayside Marina at the Yacht Club at 6:45 for a 2-hour fishing trip. We headed to Crescent Lake first just outside of Hollywood Studios. There were crowds of people lining up to get in for Galaxies Edge! We had a foggy view of Tower or Terror. My daughter caught the first fish of the day!

After a little while we boated over to Epcot. It was amazing to see World Showcase from the water! We fished in two spots for about an hour.

There we could see people lined up at the International Gateway waiting for rope drop! So cool!

Our last stop was beside the Yacht Club. All four of us caught fish and had a lot of fun!

After fishing we walked over to the skyliners hoping to take a ride. They were down and wouldn’t be running for another hour. Poor passengers!

Winter Summerland seemed like a much better idea, anyway! We played Winter and had fun.

We headed back to AKL afterward for a rest. We mobile ordered lunch from The Mara (yum) then my daughter and I checked out Simba’s Clubhouse. It’s a family craft and game room. Over the next couple of days she painted a ceramic lion, made a fuse bead Simba, colored a stained glass style butterfly, made a bead bracelet...and more!

After Simba’s Clubhouse the whole family went swimming again! So cool to get to swim in February!

My son and husband played a serious game of ping pong then we headed to the room to get ready for dinner. We had a reservation at Sanaa at Kidani Village.

We took the shuttle over to the restaurant and looked around at the Savannah before it was time for our reservation.

We were seated quickly and had a table near a window so we could see the animals! We started with the bread service which lived up to the hype! We all found dips we loved. Everyone had a fantastic meal and we left full and happy! It was a splurge for sure but we can’t wait to go back!

When we got back to Jambo House we tried the night vision goggles at the observation area near the pool. We saw a giraffe and a few other animals resting. Very cool!

We were up early again the next morning for our one park day—Animal Kingdom of course. We drove over and walked right through security a few minutes before official park opening. We headed strait to Pandora. Our first stop was Navi River Journey. The line was about 20 minutes. It was a pretty ride. Then we walked past the loooong line for Flight of Passage over to the Safari (we had a Fast Pass). We saw a baby zebra and so many other animals!
Afterward we walked the beautiful Gorilla Falls trail. Next we headed to Dino Land. We rode triceratops spin then rode Dinosaur with a Fast Pass. Afterward my daughter played at The Boneyard.

Lunch was at Restaurantasaurus (mobile order!) and was good!

It was getting very hot and we were all a little tired at that point so went back to the resort to relax a bit.

After a rest we took the bus back to Animal Kingdom (way better than driving in my opinion) and headed to Pandora for our Flight of Passage fast pass. It was a really fun ride.

We stopped for a snack and walked over to Its Tough to be a Bug. Funny! Then we picked out our dinner from Sautili Canteen on Mobile Order.

We explored Pandora a little more then headed to Sautili for dinner which was delicious.

After dinner we went to meet Mickey and Minnie at Adventurer’s Outpost! It was a perfect end to the day!

We had an ADR for a late breakfast at Ohana but decided the night before to cancel and have one last morning at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We picked up breakfast at the Mara and packed our bags. We went to the playground for a few minutes and played more ping pong. Then we spent a little more time at Simba’s Clubhouse.

It was sad to leave but we had a great few days at Disney! Now to plan the next adventure!


Disney News and Updates

Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.