Animal Crossing Issues...

Mrs.Snork

Earning My Ears
OK after listening to the podcast "santa" bought my husband and I Animal Crossing for the Wii. We love it we have not stopped playing since we got it. We both have our ways of playing but my husband and I have been together for seven years and you would think we could agree on how to run a town of small animals but, tonight it happened I caught a coelacanth. I was so happy (they are rare and you can only catch them in the rain or snow. They are also worth 15000 bells that is the most you can get for a fish). Then my loving husband looks at me and says your going to donate it right? He wants me to not sell it and to give it to the aquarium. We are at a pass for now it is a tank in my room. I just don't know what to do...It would go along way to paying off my second house payment. Anyone have any ideas. Sell it or give it away.:confused3

I caught a stringfish tonight. Same issue only with a river fish instead of an ocean one.

I sold that sucker! I considered it a long term investment in turnips! I figure there's a chance we'll be playing this game long enough (having 2 kids and all) that we will see another. That one - I'll donate.

Keep in mind that after Nook's closed at 10pm, I went ahead, caught enough fish to fill my living room with tanks and then donated all my first duplicates to the museum. I gave them about 10 fish.

I've been keeping fossils lately, too. Same thought process. :thumbsup2

Here's another argument for selling.

You are the only ones donating anything. Yes, all culture lies on your shoulders, but if they really needed it, they could be able to donate for themselves. :lmao:

Same with the town fund. It will be up to you to build the bridge, the fountain, etc.

You give so much that you should have the chance to reap, too!

Oh - and don't do it when Nate asks to trade your red snapper for the yellow perch you gave him earlier. Big discrepancy in cost per fish!!!!!

I messed up the turnip lady by having full pockets (much like my purse in realy life). By the time I got rid of stuff, I couldn't find her. Then I saw a present blowing around attached to a balloon. Didn't know what to do about that either. I bought the "hint" book. (I need a slingshot).

How'd you get the fish tanks? My house is full of "droids"
The hint book says to use your shovel and hit rocks with it, sometimes bells will come out - I just read that in the car on the way to work so I haven't tried it yet (talk about obsessing).....

Gotta try the auction thing too.

I messed up the turnip lady by having full pockets (much like my purse in realy life). By the time I got rid of stuff, I couldn't find her. Then I saw a present blowing around attached to a balloon. Didn't know what to do about that either. I bought the "hint" book. (I need a slingshot).

How'd you get the fish tanks? My house is full of "droids"
The hint book says to use your shovel and hit rocks with it, sometimes bells will come out - I just read that in the car on the way to work so I haven't tried it yet (talk about obsessing).....

Gotta try the auction thing too.

If you drop a fish in your house it will automatically be put in a fish tank.

lol - yeah, I want a "stinky" smelt in my house ... yeah right.

I just bought a slingshot in the last few minutes of my last time playing ... but I had to leave to go to a party ... darn humans taking me away from my new obession! :lmao: I can't wait to finish work today so I can go home and pop some balloons :)

P.S. Sell it! I didn't know that I could sell my fossils until I had already donated about 5 of them - argh.

I sold it and the Tuna I caught and now I have enuph to pay off the second house and get the third size. I catch fish at night and put them in tanks in my room so I can keep fishing. I can fill be pockets three times that way.

So why does the game hate sea bass so much?
I know they are not worth much but when you catch them it says not you again...Whats te deal?

aaah, I see why you have been saving the fish! I have been cheating :( I have been adjusting the time when I start up the game so that the store is always open. I know that probably isn't the right thing to do but I want to get the most for my play time. :goodvibes

Funny thing is when I heard Pete talking about it on the Christmas show, I didn't know what he was talking about and had never heard of the game.

So Christmas Day we go over to my father in laws house to exchange gifts. When it was my DD's turn, she opened up a brand new Wii, the next present she unwrapped was.......you guessed it, Animal Crossing.:lmao:

How ironic is that!

Do think we should rename this board the Wii forum rather than the podcast board??

Its going that way, especially with 'sick' podcasters playing on the wii instead of making podcasts! :rotfl:

It also amazing how much this topic has influenced so many people into buying Wii's and Animal Crossing, are you sure you aren't getting commission from Nintendo Pete??

Thank you all on this board for inspiring my Christmas Present of Animal Crossing. My BF saw all y'alls posts & bought it for me. I kinda looked at him strange, but am enjoying the game & hope to make some new friends on WiiFi. (PM me if interested in meeting in Animal Crossing world.)

QUESTION: I went and got all the Harvest furniture from thanksgiving. It has filled my pockets and I can't put it down in my room cause it is full. Should I sell it all or save it?

Do you have a dresser? I would save it and put it in the dresser but I am still trying to get a complete room so I might just be speaking out of sadness for my miss matched stuff.

For the record I do think I need to step away from the wii. It is all a little silly.. Thats why I want to get it for the DS. That way I can turn off my tv and play it while doing other things.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts