Animal Eyelets

isyne4u

<font color=blue>Next time I get a craving for cak
Hey scrappers,

I was on here the other day and saw a page done that had safari animal eyelets. Now of course I can't remember who had them or even which thread I saw them on (i'm way too old!! :teeth: ). Anyway, I have never seen any animal eyelets. I was given a site for eyelets and they only had brads.

So does anyone know where to get safari animal eyelets?? I really would liek them to do in my WDW book that I'm working on right now.

Thank you for any help you wonderful scrappers can give me.
tara

For some reason Eyelet Outlet only has the safari animals as brads. But Bargain Pack carries 10 different animals as eyelets. http://www.bargainpack.com/

I have to say, though, that if I had it to do over again I'd probably go with the brads. I tried to set the giraffes for a Jungle Cruise LO & wasn't very successful. I tried with a couple different setters without success. :( I'll admit that I haven't tried since...I'm hoping a philips-head screwdriver might work. :confused3

Same here, Deb. I got animal eyelets for the ABC swap... and ended up getting brads instead. They were difficult to set and I didn't like the animals having a hole in the middle of them, lol.

jenny2 said:
Same here, Deb. I got animal eyelets for the ABC swap... and ended up getting brads instead. They were difficult to set and I didn't like the animals having a hole in the middle of them, lol.

:rotfl2: I didn't like the animals having a hole in them, either! I have some of the animal brads from eyelet outlet and they are nice (at least I think so ;) )

Wow! You all are fast!!

I hadn't thought about them having holes in their backs!!

I guess I'll have to get both and see which I like better. Eyelet Outlet was where I found the safari brads. I'll go check out the other site now.

The only setter I've ever used is one that I bought in a wooden box that all you have to do is push on it and it works. It is supposed to be quieter than the hammers :rolleyes: I can't imagine a hammer being that much louder!! hehehe But I like it and the way my eyelets work.

Thank you for all the responses!!
tara

For what it's worth, I've found the eyelets I got from Eyelet Outlet to be easier to set than any others. They're a much lighter/thinner metal. That didn't seem like a good thing until I ran into the problem with the giraffe....whose quality seemed significantly better when I got them. LOL

OT but I was just looking around Eyelet Outlet and I spotted some Mickey hat brads in the vacation section!

piratesmate said:
For some reason Eyelet Outlet only has the safari animals as brads. But Bargain Pack carries 10 different animals as eyelets. http://www.bargainpack.com/

I have to say, though, that if I had it to do over again I'd probably go with the brads. I tried to set the giraffes for a Jungle Cruise LO & wasn't very successful. I tried with a couple different setters without success. :( I'll admit that I haven't tried since...I'm hoping a philips-head screwdriver might work. :confused3

Same here with the animal eyelets, I found them very hard to set on my Animal Kingdom pages. I definitely like the brads better and there is no hole to boot! LOL

Ooh Bargain Pack, I should get a discount with all the stuff I order from there weekly! :rolleyes1 :teeth:

you guys are soooooo bad!!! I've already got an order for $25 from bargain outlet and i've gone ahead and got an order started for the eyelet outlet!

I'm going to get both the eyelets and brads for the animals. I kinda like the way they look with the holes in them :lmao: but then again I'm a little strange!! I want to try both so I'll see which I like better!!

Bargain also has a Disney 50th anniv. gold set of ears!! Gotta get that for the trip during the celebration!!

thanks gang!!
tara

You guys are all enablers!! I just had to check out the cute little safari brads and ended up buying a few more Disney/vaca brads and tags, some of which were on sale! The safari ones will be great for my AK layouts.

I just placed a huge order with bargain pack too!!!
My husband is gonna kill me!!!! ;)
:mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar

I figured since I spent a bunch of money on the site I might as well help some friends do the same!! :teeth: So I sent the link to a girlfriend of mine and she forwarded it to another friend!! hehehehe They are both ready to kill me! I told them it wasn't my fault.....it was the scrappers on the DIS. Their reaction was : :confused3 :lmao:

Oh yeah... the old "blame it on the DIS" trick! I've used that many times myself, lol.

isyne4u said:
Bargain also has a Disney 50th anniv. gold set of ears!! Gotta get that for the trip during the celebration!!

tara

Thanks for the heads up! Gotta get some of those. Hope you all left some for me!

Jeanne

I have to check out the animal brads. I had some eyelets but my South African friends pointed out that the poor animals looked like they had been shot!!
Definitely need brads. Don't need the kiddies thinking that the animals at the zoo were used for target practice!!! :rotfl2:

bclydia said:
I have to check out the animal brads. I had some eyelets but my South African friends pointed out that the poor animals looked like they had been shot!!
Definitely need brads. Don't need the kiddies thinking that the animals at the zoo were used for target practice!!! :rotfl2:
:lmao: I didn't think of that!!! :lmao: I'll just tell my kids this is what happens when you have poachers aroudn the Animal Kingdom. :lmao:

I have ordered from Eyelet Outlet several times and have always found them to be customer friendly and fast. I would recommend them.
I recently did a layout for Animal Kingdom and use some safari buttons I found at my lss. They were shank type, so no holes, I took my pliers and snapped the shank off. They have alot of detail. The set I found even had a vehicle and african mask in the set.
Deb
I found the buttons I bought at www.dressitup.com. The website says they are available at Michaels and Hobby Lobby also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter