Animal Kingdom/DTD Photo Ops/Mini Golf Sketch Swap~Interest Thread

morgansmom2000

DIS Veteran
This is an interest thread for the Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney Photo Ops, and Mini Golf Sketch Swap.

This is not a sign-up thread, but please post if you think you would be interested in joining this swap so I can get an idea of how many people may be playing so we know how many pages to sign-up for.

Depending upon the number of people who are interested in the swap, you will pick 3 titles and make 10-12 sets of a 2-page layout for each title. Each 2-page layout should include a title, room for at least two 4x6 photos, an embellishment or two, and a spot to journal (can be a box, shape or paper strips).

You may choose any sketch you wish, as long as it meets the above requirements. You may rotate the sketch however you wish, as long as it meets the above requirements.

The page that has your title should be ALL stuck down (not just the title, but whatever completes your page). For the second page, you will send a page of background paper and whatever else is necessary to replicate the other page of the sketch (photo mats, borders, layers of paper, etc.), NOT GLUED DOWN. This way, however we hold our camera, we can all use the page.

Packaging Instructions

Please pre-sort your pages. You will put all four 2-page layouts/kits (8 pages) into one bag for each participant. You will send twelve 2 1/2-gallon baggies with 8 pages in each. Please label like this:

MorgansMom2000
Jennifer (Last Name)
Bag #1 (Number your bags 1-12, so I can send all of one number to each person)
(You will then list your four rides/lands/attractions)
For example:
World of Disney
Lego Nessie
Summerland

Please also include a copy of the sketch you used. (You may put all four on one page, they needn't be full page copies). Please include all measurements clearly marked, include which sketch is for each layout, and if possible, a list of supplies for each layout.

Please look at the list below and let me know if there is anything you think should be deleted, added, or changed (someone please check my spelling, especially). I'd like the list to be finalized before we start sign-ups. Should we include the generic 'land' titles?

Group A
  1. Africa
  2. Kilimanjaro Safari
  3. Second set of Safari pages - GOES WITH ABOVE - Whoever signs up for this will do two Safari and two other topics.
  4. Pangani Exploration Trail
  5. Asia
  6. Maharajah Jungle Trek
  7. Flights of Wonder
  8. Kali River Rapids
  9. Expedition Everest
  10. Festival of the Lion King
  11. Finding Nemo the Musical
  12. It's Tough to be a Bug
  13. Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
  14. Second set of Parade pages - GOES WITH ABOVE - Whoever signs up for this will do two Parade and two other topics.
  15. Dinoland USA
  16. TriceraTop Spin
  17. Primeval Whirl
  18. Boneyard
  19. Dino-Sue
  20. Dinosaur
  21. Cretaceous Trail
  22. Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama
  23. Fossil Fun Games
  24. Tree of Life/Discovery Island
  25. Woodcarvings
  26. Wildlife Express Train
  27. Rafiki's Planet Watch
  28. Affection Section
  29. Oasis
  30. Camp Minnie-Mickey
  31. Adventurers Outpost
  32. DiVine
  33. Entrance
  34. World of Disney
  35. Legos
  36. T-Rex
  37. Rainforest Cafe
  38. Goofy's Candy
  39. Carousel
  40. Pooh & Friends
  41. Holiday Characters (near the water fountain)
  42. Pirate statue at World of Disney
  43. Cinderella and Aurora statues at World of Disney
  44. Broomsticks/Topiary at Earl of Sandwich
  45. M/M and D/D statues at Disney Pin Traders
  46. Buzz and Woody in front of Once Upon a Toy
  47. Pin Trading?
  48. Christmas Shop?
  49. Souvenirs?
  50. Shopping?

Group B
  1. Winter
  2. Summerland
  3. Fantasia Gardens

Sign-ups will begin Tuesday, February 26th at 9:00 am Eastern. Pages will be due May 15, 2013.

Potential Players

1. MorgansMom2000
  2. 3pletprincesses
  3. tyniknate
  4. urbkols
  5. JJ&JHsMom
  6. wdwmickey
  7. PrincessNancy96
  8. BAMB
  9. Panda8899
  10. LoriABil

OOh, ooh, ooh me too, me too!

If I order my paper today I might have it in time for the May 15th completion deadline. :lmao: And I already know which themes I wanna do. :rolleyes1

If I order my paper today I might have it in time for the May 15th completion deadline. :lmao: And I already know which themes I wanna do. :rolleyes1

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

maybe you should finda new provider.

not only do I know what I want to do but I have most of my paper :lmao:

Whatchu looking at?

:yay::yay:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

maybe you should finda new provider.

not only do I know what I want to do but I have most of my paper :lmao:

And what do you want Missy?

I can angel. :) maybe ill join. Undecided.

:scratchin You'll join :)

Peer presure will make Rachal join us LOL

Jennifer I have papers to do Bug, Lion King, Mickey and Minnie, pooh and Friends, Dinoland... I'm well stock.

I'm going to sit this one out ladies :duck:
went through my AK stuff and have a ton to use up, never do the minigolf and have some DTD goodies too already!

will be stalking to see what you all create though, know they will be great :goodvibes

Peer presure will make Rachal join us LOL

Jennifer I have papers to do Bug, Lion King, Mickey and Minnie, pooh and Friends, Dinoland... I'm well stock.

"You know you wanna..."

Sounds like you're prepared!

I'm going to sit this one out ladies :duck:
went through my AK stuff and have a ton to use up, never do the minigolf and have some DTD goodies too already!

will be stalking to see what you all create though, know they will be great :goodvibes

We will miss you! :sad1:

Let me check my stash when I get home. Since Rachel and i are going to Disneyland and California for her trip I won't have any new AK pics so...I need to check and see if I need any more stuff to finish up the WDW trips I haven't scrapped yet. I'll let you know by Wednesday.

wdwmickey said:
Let me check my stash when I get home. Since Rachel and i are going to Disneyland and California for her trip I won't have any new AK pics so...I need to check and see if I need any more stuff to finish up the WDW trips I haven't scrapped yet. I'll let you know by Wednesday.

Sounds good, Cheryl.

Yes. Pretty much exactly the same. Unless you have a suggestion?

No suggestions. I was just curious. I will probably pass because I know I will not use a lot of the pages just because we don't do all of the things listed. No biggie though, it is really probably better if I don't join because of time. :thumbsup2

I'm pretty much sure I am in. The only concern I have is I might have some pages I won't use because we don't miniature golf while we are there and the last couple of years I didn't make to DTD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter