Animal Kingdom/DTD Photo Ops/Mini Golf Sketch Swap~Interest Thread

I'd say start it at 8:45ish...and we just know until the title reads OPEN no one can post... that will allow you time to add additional posts to hold space...

if you open it tonight, give me a shout and when you are done I can lock it and then unlock it when you tell me to in the morning.... (I'll be back home by 8:30am from dropping DS12 off at school)

I am good with either 4 or 5 as long as I am only playing once.:upsidedow

Jennifer, if any of my choices are not available for the second round just plug me in somewhere. I am not sure I will be able to look at sign-ups until about 6pm tomorrow.

I am good with either 4 or 5 as long as I am only playing once.:upsidedow

Jennifer, if any of my choices are not available for the second round just plug me in somewhere. I am not sure I will be able to look at sign-ups until about 6pm tomorrow.

You don't want double sets?

If we end up with extra people who have not posted on this thread in the first round at 9:00, we'll need to rework the numbers.

You don't want double sets?

If we end up with extra people who have not posted on this thread in the first round at 9:00, we'll need to rework the numbers.

Unfortunately with the work schedule, I have limited time to work on one set, nevermind two!

I am good with whatever is needed.

Jen what ever works for you. I might be a bit late to post depending on how fast I can get out of the girls' school meeting. I have to be there for 8am. Should be another interesting meeting. I'm dreading it like the plague.

So it's 2 choices thatwe post at 9 and then we post the 3 other at noon? Or are we posting more then 2 and you will be picking 2 out of our list. I'm slow today can you tell

jen if you want bugs, of course you get first pick. I have tons of other ideas so no worries LOL

Jen what ever works for you. I might be a bit late to post depending on how fast I can get out of the girls' school meeting. I have to be there for 8am. Should be another interesting meeting. I'm dreading it like the plague.

So it's 2 choices thatwe post at 9 and then we post the 3 other at noon? Or are we posting more then 2 and you will be picking 2 out of our list. I'm slow today can you tell

jen if you want bugs, of course you get first pick. I have tons of other ideas so no worries LOL

If you want to send me your lists, I'd be happy to sign you up.. no need to stress about sign ups... You may become a momma bear and have to fight your case!!!

I think she wants us to choose 4 and she'll pick 2 of them...
then the same at noon....

Good luck in your meeting tomorrow!!! Don't take no for an answer..and flat out ask them why they are giving up on your daughter because a true teacher and administrator never would!!!! I have a friend who teaches first grade and we were talking the other day...she said she has a little one that was struggling in her class..she called the parents in immediately and had a game plan in place within 2 weeks... she is now testing above grade level.... So, no kid should be given up on!!!!

Good luck tomorrow! Remember you are the parent and YOU are in control. The teacher and principal can only make recommendations, you don't have to agree to them. I agree with Danielle that the teacher should be making a whole lot of extra effort to help bring DD up to speed.

Good luck tomorrow, Sandy.

I'm taking 4 choices at 9:00 am, from those I'll choose 2. Then at noon, another 4, and from those I'll choose 2 or 3.

Thanks for the support ladies. My nights have been long this past few days thinking about what to do. I just can't understand how you can give up on a child. Not only they've given up but she clearly has realized it. The poor thing has been getting up as soon as I get in the shower a little before 6am to study and read and this weekend she was up that bright and early too. I feel so bad for her. Although she might be getting more reading and studying done, she will get herself sick that way. I'm heart brakes for her because she wants this soooo badly.

Bless her heart Sandy... with her determination over the weekend there is no doubt in my mind that she can be up to speed by May/June....

Sandy, Good luck tomorrow. Remember, if you don't fight for your kids no one else will. Become the momma bear if you have to, but don't cave in to something just because it's all the school wants to do. I'm sure my 3 boys charts have the "b" word in bright red letters where the mom's info is supposed to be. I don't care.....they are my priority even if they aren't the school's priority. If you don't like what they are offering don't be afraid to tell them what you want. Sending pixie dust your way. pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Go get em Sandy!!!!
Take a note pad, a pen and a tape recorder if you feel comfortable with it. Take notes and then email a followup to everyone in the meeting as soon as you can assess your notes. Make and keep a paper trail.
Do not leave without a plan!!! Your stance needs to be my DD is moving forward at the end of the school year, what is their plan to make that happen. Be a willing participant in the plan but the onus is on them to make said plan.
Make sure you get some kind of daily or weekly update. We used a composition book for a communication book that we and the teachers would write in daily.

Is the special ed coordinator going to be there? Is this an informal meeting or the premise for an IEP or 504? Do not sign anything until you read it all!! They may try to throw a 504 or IEP at you, especially since they are already reducing the amount of work her sisters do. IEP's and 504's are good though, They have to follow them to a T, it's the law, which would include giving lesson plans for the stuff she missed while in tutoring.
I went through the same thing. DS11 was missing instruction due to being in intervention for reading and math. I gave them holy hell over all of it. The IEP was used to my advantage because I made them do their jobs and supply us with everything.

Danielle,

I thought I was the only parent known as "B" in the kids' files!!!
They see my come through that door with a folder they all scramble!!!

Sandy, good luck tomorrow! its good to know your DD is working hard to get catch up and she's not going to let those teachers put her down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!