Animal Kingdom Lodge questions

faithtrustnpixidust

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!
I am planning a stay at animal kingdom lodge and was hoping it get a couple questions answered! We are looking at staying in a 2 bedroom- does anyone know how many 2 bedrooms the property has? Also, the 2 bedrooms have all 3 view categories- does anyone know for the standard view what the face? I am assuming the parking lot :( Are there alot in each category of viewing?
Thanks for the help!!

From the DVC resource center see sticky at the top of each thread.

Animal Kingdom Villas Villa Types

-46 Dedicated Studios
-0 Dedicated 1BR Villas
-140 Dedicated 2BR Villas
-250 Lockoff 2BR Villas
-22 Grand Villas
-134 villas within Jambo House at AKL (46 Dedicated Studios, 82 Lockoff 2BRs, 6 GVs)
-324 villas in Kidani Village (140 Dedicated 2BRs, 168 Lockoff 2BRs, 16 GVs)
Total =458 Villas / 708 Max. Available

Standard view at Jambo House are around the pool and scattered around the savanna. Usually with only partial views of the savanna.

Here is a map of AKV - Jambo House. http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html

Random additional thoughts:

2BRs at Kidani have a 3rd bathroom

Value 2BR are not a "view", but based on the smaller size of the villas

Who has stayed in the AKV-Jambo GV, with the Pool Table ?
Did you get much use out of that Pool Table ??:darth:

Who has stayed in the AKV-Jambo GV, with the Pool Table ?
Did you get much use out of that Pool Table ??:darth:
Yes, actually, we stayed in the Handicap Accessible 3 BR GV at Jambo last October at this time. It was fabulous and we are hoping to do it again in a couple of years. The pool table was used quite a bit during our chilling out time in the room. It was very useful to keep the 4 year old occupied with his dad while mom and baby brother were getting ready for the day's activities, napping during the breaks, or settling down for the night. And it gave such a feeling of spaciousness to the room! It was nice to have the extra space, and a place where the little ones could stretch and play (whether using the pool table or just hanging out). Even with the 2 ECVs we rented, we had plenty of space to move around, charge the ECVs, rest grandpa's back when it was acting up...it was great! We had a family group of us (Grandma and Grandpa), son and daughter in law, 4 yr old grandson, 6 month old grandson, daughter in law's mom and grandmother. Wonderful memories, already it seems WAY too long ago! Can't say enough about the grand villa...AND the pool table was definitely a highlight!

Hi everyone!
I am planning a stay at animal kingdom lodge and was hoping it get a couple questions answered! We are looking at staying in a 2 bedroom- does anyone know how many 2 bedrooms the property has? Also, the 2 bedrooms have all 3 view categories- does anyone know for the standard view what the face? I am assuming the parking lot :( Are there alot in each category of viewing?
Thanks for the help!!
Standard view at Kidani Village is parking lot and pool (but more parking lot than pool).

Yes, actually, we stayed in the Handicap Accessible 3 BR GV at Jambo last October at this time. It was fabulous and we are hoping to do it again in a couple of years. The pool table was used quite a bit during our chilling out time in the room. It was very useful to keep the 4 year old occup with his dad while mom and baby brother were getting ready for the day's activities, napping during the breaks, or settling down for the night. And it gave such a feeling of spaciousness to the room! It was nice to have the extra space, and a place where the little ones could stretch and play (whether using the pool table or just hanging out). Even with the 2 ECVs we rented, we had plenty of space to move around, charge the ECVs, rest grandpa's back when it was acting up...it was great! We had a family group of us (Grandma and Grandpa), son and daughter in law, 4 yr old grandson, 6 month old grandson, daughter in law's mom and grandmother. Wonderful memories, already it seems WAY too long ago! Can't say enough about the grand villa...AND the pool table was definitely a highlight!
Awesome Sauce.
Thanks for the feedback. I plan to book SSR-GV AT 11Mo, then at 7Mo start looking for AKV-GV.
This info. will help sway our decision.
Any pix you can share from that GV??:darth:

Awesome Sauce.
Thanks for the feedback. I plan to book SSR-GV AT 11Mo, then at 7Mo start looking for AKV-GV.
This info. will help sway our decision.
Any pix you can share from that GV??:darth:
I'll have to see what I can find, it's not on my phone anymore. I will if I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!