Animal Kingdom Moonlight Magic Booking

DisneyPiPhi

DIS Veteran
One of the Animal Kingdom moonlight magic events is taking place while I am in Orlando for a work conference. Sweet!

I already have hotel accommodations (not at WDW) that night, paid for by my work. However, it is the last night of our conference, so I could skedaddle and go stay at WDW. Should I reserve that night at WDW (at my expense) to have a better chance of getting into Moonlight Magic or take a chance in the second round of Moonlight Magic tickets and just stay at the hotel my work is paying for?

How likely is it that I'd get tickets to Moonlight Magic at AK without an onsite reservation?

I got it for both Mk and Epcot this year without reservations. I do think AK sold out during the first round last year though.

I stared onsite for MK and got a reservation. I’m staying off site for Epcot on the 20th and got reservations. Being in the summer when the kids are out of school, AK may be a harder ticket. A lot will depend on how lucky you are being assigned a number in the random queue.

I will finally be in a Disney Park for one of these events. I got the email today around 4:30 PM and clicked on the link. Fingers crossed.

I never got the email last night (first time not getting one) but I've been in the virtual queue waiting room since 11pm last night. When I logged in to the member site the link to rsvp was sitting on the main page. So I clicked it thinking it would just tell me to try back later but it put me in the waiting room for the virtual queue. I never clicked out of it and this morning it is still counting down. I highly doubt this increases any odds of getting in but I can dream.

I never got the email last night (first time not getting one) but I've been in the virtual queue waiting room since 11pm last night. When I logged in to the member site the link to rsvp was sitting on the main page. So I clicked it thinking it would just tell me to try back later but it put me in the waiting room for the virtual queue. I never clicked out of it and this morning it is still counting down. I highly doubt this increases any odds of getting in but I can dream.
Everyone who is in the queue when it ticks down to 0:00 will get get randomized to enter the actual booking page, no matter what time you joined the queue. If you click the link after the timer has counted down, you also be given a position in the queue, but it'll be after everyone in the first group.

Everyone who is in the queue when it ticks down to 0:00 will get get randomized to enter the actual booking page, no matter what time you joined the queue. If you click the link after the timer has counted down, you also be given a position in the queue, but it'll be after everyone in the first group.
I'm aware. This isn't my first rodeo ;) I just didn't realize that the links went active so early. It seems the links went active around 5pm Eastern time yesterday. When I booked for HS I don't remember the link showing up until the morning of.

Was waiting at 855, at 900 got right in to register and was Done with conf email by 904. This was for 8\8

I was in the high 6,000s. This might mean I'm out of luck, even with an onsite reservation.

I lost the randomization lottery. Was on and waiting at 8:40. Landed with 7,405 in front of me 👎

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter