Animal Kingdom Moonlight Magic Booking

Yes the registeration on the 12 is for everyone weather you have a room reservation or not. This is that web page says
General Registration — Opens June 12, 2019
Event registration opens to all Members on Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time.

Todays tickets were only for those who have room reservations on Aug 22. But on the 12 any member can get tickets. So think of today as the Pre-Sale ticket to the main event.

Just curious, but for people who register on the 12th, is that restricted to a member + 3 guests for all, or do the DVC members holding room reservations that day still get to bring in the amount of people that are assigned to the reservation.

Just curious, but for people who register on the 12th, is that restricted to a member + 3 guests for all, or do the DVC members holding room reservations that day still get to bring in the amount of people that are assigned to the reservation.
Party size limits should be the same when the general booking window opens. You will still have to enter your membership number to start the registration process so the system will know if you have a room reservation or not.

I am beyond frustrated. We have family coming from California (also DVC members) and have had separate hotel reservations for 11 months. My sister-in-law never got the email link so she logged on straight from the DVC website and got a reservation immediately for their party. (she was confirmed at 9:04 am) I used the link from the email (opened the queue early this morning) and at 9:00 am was number 7500. Needless to say it sold out once I got down to around 1000. We have been to at least 6 moonlight magic events and have never had any issues getting a ressie. So now half of our group can't go!

I know some of you said that the open registration starts on the 12th so I will try again then, but are you certain that they actually save spots for that 2nd registration period?

I know some of you said that the open registration starts on the 12th so I will try again then, but are you certain that they actually save spots for that 2nd registration period?
If you click the link now, the following is displayed:

We are members staying on property for the 8/22 event, but for this trip we are staying on a friend's points who will not be attending. This causes all sorts of havoc for the reservation system. We are not recognized as staying on property in this queue as our membership number is not attached to the reservation. Our friend did register for us in the meantime. We are from NY and happened to be staying that week before MM was even announced so we felt fortunate to have an opportunity to attend.

My question: has anyone encountered and overcome this situation before? If so, what did you have to do? I am unsure of our friend's ability to be present to get the wristbands. It's possible he will not be in the area at that time.

Is it me or is this a hugely flawed system... Frustrating

Yep. I called and was told, "Yeah, our system sometimes doesn't recognize cash reservations. You can try on the 12th."

So, they know the system often doesn't work. But they have no recourse (i.e. a window to manually enter your onsite hotel confirmation number.) I'm holding for a supervisor because maybe if enough people complain, they'll fix this issue.

Yep. I called and was told, "Yeah, our system sometimes doesn't recognize cash reservations. You can try on the 12th."

So, they know the system often doesn't work. But they have no recourse (i.e. a window to manually enter your onsite hotel confirmation number.) I'm holding for a supervisor because maybe if enough people complain, they'll fix this issue.
Please destroy them. There is nothing widely known that I have call member services to link my cash res. The system did not recognize me. I was basically told I’m out of luck. The member services number was a busy signal for a long time. Super pissed

I am beyond frustrated. We have family coming from California (also DVC members) and have had separate hotel reservations for 11 months. My sister-in-law never got the email link so she logged on straight from the DVC website and got a reservation immediately for their party. (she was confirmed at 9:04 am) I used the link from the email (opened the queue early this morning) and at 9:00 am was number 7500. Needless to say it sold out once I got down to around 1000. We have been to at least 6 moonlight magic events and have never had any issues getting a ressie. So now half of our group can't go!

We have been shut out of these events before due to receiving a high queue number. Since apparently we are able to open multiple browser windows, you probably want to do that on the 12th. Last time we tried on the "all members" date, the tickets were gone after only 25% of the queue had been served.

I was able to access the site about 3 times, but the system wouldn’t recognize our BB cash reservation. Ugh. I’ll try again June 12...

We have been to at least 6 moonlight magic events and have never had any issues getting a ressie. So now half of our group can't go!

6 events is a pretty good number of events.
You should feel lucky.

I have been a DVC member since 2000 and this is the first time we will be in a park since they started these.

I agree the system probably isn’t great. Someone like me should get first dibs since I have never been. But to each their own.

Please destroy them. There is nothing widely known that I have call member services to link my cash res. The system did not recognize me. I was basically told I’m out of luck. The member services number was a busy signal for a long time. Super pissed

I held for 90 minutes for a Member Services supervisor. She was very polite. I told her that I understood that I am out of luck, but that I think there are two solutions to this known problem:
  1. Place a note on the Moonlight Magic website telling people what I was told twice today - that those with cash reservations should call Member Services at least one week before the RSVP date to make sure that their cash reservation is "connected" to their DVC members.

2. Instead of just kicking members out of the queue when then known problem of cross-referencing a cash reservation occurs, include a step in the process that allows members to manually input their room only or package confirmation number from the Walt Disney Travel Company in case their cash reservation isn't recognized. I am aware that these are two different systems, but one should be able to "pull" from another, like it is supposed to do prior to the RSVP date. A simple, "Sorry, we can't find your reservation number. Please enter it here," would suffice.
She encouraged me to try again on June 12, which I may or may not have time to do.

I held for 90 minutes for a Member Services supervisor. She was very polite. I told her that I understood that I am out of luck, but that I think there are two solutions to this known problem:
  1. Place a note on the Moonlight Magic website telling people what I was told twice today - that those with cash reservations should call Member Services at least one week before the RSVP date to make sure that their cash reservation is "connected" to their DVC members.

2. Instead of just kicking members out of the queue when then known problem of cross-referencing a cash reservation occurs, include a step in the process that allows members to manually input their room only or package confirmation number from the Walt Disney Travel Company in case their cash reservation isn't recognized. I am aware that these are two different systems, but one should be able to "pull" from another, like it is supposed to do prior to the RSVP date. A simple, "Sorry, we can't find your reservation number. Please enter it here," would suffice.
She encouraged me to try again on June 12, which I may or may not have time to do.

1) That would be nice, right? These events have been going on since 2016, and this is the first I’ve heard of it.

2) We used to be required to put in our resort reservation and member number (2016-2017?). I remember people getting shut out because they kept entering their resort number, instead of member ID twice.

After today’s fiasco, they really need to go back to entering reservation numbers.

I think the Queue-It system is run by an external vendor. It is possible, then, that the external system does not have real-time access to resolving a Resort Reservation number. I'm guessing that DVC sends a "just before GO TIME" list of qualified Member ID numbers compiled from active DVC reservations and a separate list of those members with "other onsite reservations." The second list is less dynamic; I was told it is a separate system, possibly manual.

I do agree that having an option to enter the Resort Reservation number would be a really good solution ... even if that simply went into a queue for manual effort while grabbing and allocating a default number of tickets to be awarded by CM review. Basically, the system could capture your Queue-It unique identifier (displayed to the user at the bottom of the screen), your line position, your member number (entered by the user), the resort reservation #, the requested party size and the desired date.

Of course, there is huge margin for abuse in the above method ... unless the external system were expanded to verify the Resort Reservation.

Editing to add: I far prefer the Queue-It system than the previous system. The randomized line position at start, the position feedback while in line, the overall virtual line management and the ability to send "status messages" are all a huge improvement over the prior iterations.
1) That would be nice, right? These events have been going on since 2016, and this is the first I’ve heard of it.

2) We used to be required to put in our resort reservation and member number (2016-2017?). I remember people getting shut out because they kept entering their resort number, instead of member ID twice.

After today’s fiasco, they really need to go back to entering reservation numbers.

To be honest, I thought we needed our resort reservation number to enter into the registration, so I had that along with our membership number. But once I typed in the membership number, it immediately took me to register for August 22nd (our trip begins August 21, on points at AKL).

I never got e-mail yesterday went in queue and as 1500ish. When I got on it stated I didn't have a linked reservation. Even though I called day before and made sure my reservation I made in Jan was linked. I got on member website and called. Waited 30 min and explained situation at this point 75% capacity still left. Was put on hold for a supervisor. On hold for 45 additional minutes. Got through and full capacity. Member service stated that it was a glitch and confirmed I had a reservation and stated in future to call week in advance to make sure reservation linked. Very nice and apologized. No luck yesterday :(

I think the Queue-It system is run by an external vendor. It is possible, then, that the external system does not have real-time access to resolving a Resort Reservation number. I'm guessing that DVC sends a "just before GO TIME" list of qualified Member ID numbers compiled from active DVC reservations and a separate list of those members with "other onsite reservations." The second list is less dynamic; I was told it is a separate system, possibly manual.

I do agree that having an option to enter the Resort Reservation number would be a really good solution ... even if that simply went into a queue for manual effort while grabbing and allocating a default number of tickets to be awarded by CM review. Basically, the system could capture your Queue-It unique identifier (displayed to the user at the bottom of the screen), your line position, your member number (entered by the user), the resort reservation #, the requested party size and the desired date.

Of course, there is huge margin for abuse in the above method ... unless the external system were expanded to verify the Resort Reservation.

Editing to add: I far prefer the Queue-It system than the previous system. The randomized line position at start, the position feedback while in line, the overall virtual line management and the ability to send "status messages" are all a huge improvement over the prior iterations.

I also think the Queue-It system works well. I was pretty impressed that I didn't get any of the usual Disney website errors! :)

As far as I can see, DVC system and Disneyworld site, including MDE, are not tied directly or it is one-way connection as MDE site can pull the info from your mail address/user ID to match DVC member site. Therefore DVC site does not have way to pull/import info from MDE site. I can see that MDE site or page to purchase tickets recognize me as DVC member, but ID/identity are not shared between DVC site and WDW site(ex. you need to type in user ID and password twice even if you have same ID, and in same browser)

Based on this condition, I can see that queue-it site, which is external vendor(not dinesy) is not designed to recognize the information from WDW site, which cash reservation info is probably stored. queue-it probably only pull the info through cookies to recognize DVC site stored reservation, which is most likely point based reservation. Therefore, general idea is that queue-it does not recognize the cash reservation because it is not in DVC system.

As many people indicated here, the problem is the fine print. IMHO, DVC should state on fine print as people with cash reservation needs to inform member service in advance to let queue-it system to recognize their reservation as valid, or change the rule as only point based reservation.

I had read here, in other MM threads, that you had to make sure your cash stays were linked properly to your DVC membership. I called Member Services and Disney Reservations both twice to confirm mine was linked, and to get the 12-digit confirmation number from DR that MS needed (because mine was a room only, 9 digit number). It was a bit of a process, but definitely worked because both DH & I received the emails and I had no issue registering for the 8/8 event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter