Animal Kingdom Moonlight Magic Booking

I had read here, in other MM threads, that you had to make sure your cash stays were linked properly to your DVC membership. I called Member Services and Disney Reservations both twice to confirm mine was linked, and to get the 12-digit confirmation number from DR that MS needed (because mine was a room only, 9 digit number). It was a bit of a process, but definitely worked because both DH & I received the emails and I had no issue registering for the 8/8 event.
For what it's worth, I registered for MM at Epcot in May and again for AK in August. Both my reservations were cash room-only stays, and I did not call anyone ahead of time to verify linkage, yet I had no issue either time making the MM reservation.

Somehow, I've got something set up correctly in my account where it just works. I seem to remember when I first became a member, I was sent instructions to link my MDE account with my DVC account. I wonder if people that had problems either don't have this linkage set up, or somewhere along the way it got broken and needs to be re-linked?

I got in for the Aug 8th event.

Never got an email to register, even though I have a reservation during that time. Was online about 10 minutes before the queue opened. When it opened I had position 1090. It moved pretty fast and my turn came up about 12 minutes later. All in all the system seemed to work pretty good.

Can anyone explain why I have a DVC reservation using points beginning on 8/20 and was sent an email to register on June 12th? Shouldn't I have been part of the first group to reserve since I have room reservations?

Can anyone explain why I have a DVC reservation using points beginning on 8/20 and was sent an email to register on June 12th? Shouldn't I have been part of the first group to reserve since I have room reservations?
Just to be clear regarding your reservation:
  • The reservation is booked on your points? Or were these rented/transfered from someone else?
  • You are the primary name on the reservation? Or are you an 'added name' to the reservation?
  • Your reservation is at either WDW or Vero? Or is it at another location?
  • Your reservation includes 8/22? Or are you checking out on/prior to 8/22?
  • Your reservation was booked at least a week prior to the 6/5 registration event?
Each of the above questions could reveal a pitfall ... ?? There are likely others to consider ...

9am today the message changed to this.
Like the merit badge sash of a Wilderness Explorer, this year’s Moonlight Magic events at Disney’s Animal Kingdom have reached full capacity. Please visit disneyvacationclub.com for details about other Member offerings and exclusive experiences available as part of Membership Magic.
Why even bother having people come check then???

9am today the message changed to this.
Like the merit badge sash of a Wilderness Explorer, this year’s Moonlight Magic events at Disney’s Animal Kingdom have reached full capacity. Please visit disneyvacationclub.com for details about other Member offerings and exclusive experiences available as part of Membership Magic.
Why even bother having people come check then???
That's not what I'm seeing.

Thats what I am clicking on and still no luck still says same thing
It’s likely where you would be placed in the queue would be impossible for you to get in. Whereas above that person is in a spot in the queue where it is possible for them to get it.

Is there anyone that would have room to have one additional person? I have 5 people in my family so I am not sure if there is a way to have all people go.

July 18 at full capacity as of 9:12.

My queue number went down by maybe 500 in the time it took to reach full capacity.
Assuming that those 500 were split among the dates but more toward July 18, can we assume that around 200-250 spots are available per night?

My queue number went down by maybe 500 in the time it took to reach full capacity.
Assuming that those 500 were split among the dates but more toward July 18, can we assume that around 200-250 spots are available per night?

Also remember that each guest is likely signing up for multiple tickets. I think it would be safe to assume that most are getting the max (4) at this point so those 500 people that got through could potentially have registered for upwards of 2000 spots. I also found that it moved about 500.

I'm now getting a message that registration is full, even though it's still showing my queue number. Oh well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts