Animal Kingdom Moonlight Magic Booking

Also remember that each guest is likely signing up for multiple tickets. I think it would be safe to assume that most are getting the max (4) at this point so those 500 people that got through could potentially have registered for upwards of 2000 spots. I also found that it moved about 500.
Great point. So about 200-250 registrations per night, and about 800-1000 people allowed in per night.

I started at 1,007 this morning. It paused with 713 in front of me, then it changed to the sold out message. So they only had 300 tickets this morning (or, I suppose, 300 tickets times 4 guests each?) That seems low.

I started at 1,007 this morning. It paused with 713 in front of me, then it changed to the sold out message. So they only had 300 tickets this morning (or, I suppose, 300 tickets times 4 guests each?) That seems low.
And that's for 3 nights

Great point. So about 200-250 registrations per night, and about 800-1000 people allowed in per night.

Note that's only for this second pass. Reservations originally opened a week ago for those with hotel reservations. Full attendance at Moonlight Magic events is likely in the vicinity of 10-12K, depending upon park.

Note that's only for this second pass. Reservations originally opened a week ago for those with hotel reservations. Full attendance at Moonlight Magic events is likely in the vicinity of 10-12K, depending upon park.

I was in both queues and didn't get a spot, but based on both outcomes when they were full, I think it's closer to 7k per night at AK, which I think is too low.

I was in both queues and didn't get a spot, but based on both outcomes when they were full, I think it's closer to 7k per night at AK, which I think is too low.

There has to be some balance between number of attendees and quality of experience. Yes, people are disappointed if they get shut out. But allow too many people in and they're all upset over a 1.5-2 hour line for Flight of Passage.

There has to be some balance between number of attendees and quality of experience. Yes, people are disappointed if they get shut out. But allow too many people in and they're all upset over a 1.5-2 hour line for Flight of Passage.
I agree with this. I would rather take my chances of getting shut out of an awesome event than to be guaranteed access to an event that is oversold.

My annoyance is not in getting shut out (if that had been the case, I would have been disappointed, but fine.) My issue is that the process had so many errors they should have accounted for and alerted members about. I know it's a limited event; but when I could have had a ticket had their system worked properly (as they explain on their website), then I am irritated.

Most people reported a drop of 500 or so before the event closed. So that's about 2,000 people spread over 3 nights. Not a huge difference, but still.

Most people reported a drop of 500 or so before the event closed. So that's about 2,000 people spread over 3 nights. Not a huge difference, but still.
If it was 500 I would have gotten in :) it was closer to 400, I think we're splitting hairs at this point but to assume everyone does 4 tickets is another thing that would have to be accounted for. I'm sure some more accurate math could be done but I've waited enough time on this already

Is there a meet-up thread somewhere for people who are going to be on property to register their interest for unused passes?

I have ended up with an extra pass or two when other's plans changed, it would be nice if I had been easily able to find a fellow DIS reader who could have used them. Ended up giving them to random people on the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!