5 days FQ or 4 days AK?

• Animal Kingdom

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • FQ

Votes: 35 53.8%

• Total voters

Jamie Davis

Earning My Ears
I”m trying to decide between the Animal Kingdom resort or the French Quarter.

I can get 4 nights at the Animal Kingdom Lodge or Khlandi village or 5 nights at French Quarter for about $100 difference.

I”ve never stayed in a Deluxe (I have stayed at FQ before) and we are planning on 3 park days.

Is Animal Kingdom worth 1 day less at Disney?

We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village Savannah view via rented points a couple of years ago. This was by far our favorite stay in Disney World and at the time, the cost was less than staying at a moderate.

Is Animal Kingdom worth 1 day less at Disney?

For us, yes! We've never stayed at POFQ, but have stayed at AKL and it's an amazing resort! I'm probably in the minority, but I would stay one less night at a deluxe vs more time at a mod. Since you've already stayed at POFQ, it might be nice to try something new (even if it is 1 day less). Good luck :).

We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village Savannah view via rented points a couple of years ago. This was by far our favorite stay in Disney World and at the time, the cost was less than staying at a moderate.

It would be a standard room at AK or a garden view at FQ. It would be $600?more for a savannah room.

We have stayed at both and I enjoy both, for an extra night I would stay at FQ. Could you stay at AK for the 4 nights and 1 night at FQ. I’m all for a longer stay but it would be a shame to miss out on AKL, so beautiful!

It’s kinda a last minute trip (early Feb) and that Sunday night is impossible to get or is crazy expensive. To do just that 1 nightat FQ would be almost another $300. The 5 vs 4 nights at AK was almost $500 difference with no park tickets.

I voted FQ even though I switched from FQ-AKL a few weeks ago. We found a great deal on CL Savana view and I am still slightly sad that we won't be at FQ now. They are both such beautiful resorts but I don't think AKL is worth losing a day.

We have stayed at both. I would never sacrifice a night of vacation for the resort. So, I would choose French Quarter. IMO, they difference in amenities is very minimal. You're also more centrally located at POFQ, and have the boat to Disney Springs. The bus rides from Kidani can be long, with the exception of the bus to AK. Kidani also doesn't have convenient quick service, with the Mara being over at Jambo House. The only edge I'd give Kidani is more impressive theming with the animals and a better pool.

It’s kinda a last minute trip (early Feb) and that Sunday night is impossible to get or is crazy expensive. To do just that 1 nightat FQ would be almost another $300. The 5 vs 4 nights at AK was almost $500 difference with no park tickets.
Man those prices are high, what a bummer! I would pick FQ for the extra day. You are right it is a hard decision!

We have stayed at both FQ and Jambo House a few times each. I love them both! Of course I prefer AKL, however FQ is a quaint and lovely moderate. For the extra day, I would 100% stay at FQ.

If you're only doing 3 days at the parks, I would say go with AKL - it's your first deluxe experience and it's an amazing resort. My favorite!

I would pick French quarter for sure. We’ve stayed at both and like the feel of fq a lot more than akl. I would always vote for more time at Disney than having to come back to reality, no matter the resort

I think it depends on your vacation style. I used to go to Disney about once a year with my girls who are now 11 and 8. Their fav Disney trip so far was the one that we spent 3 nights at AK. It is so lovely there. We have done week long vacations and stayed at the French quarter and it is good but they definitely were not interested in spending a bunch of time just hanging out at hotel. AK vacay was relaxing. FQ vacay was more about maximizing time at parks and just using hotel to sleep.

I absolutely love Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is the most unique hotel I have ever stayed at. I always stay in a savanna room, but they do have viewing points around the hotel if you don't to see the animals. For me personally it would be worth it for one less night to stay there.

So my two favorite resorts are AKL (Jambo) and POFQ. AKL is definitely more “deluxe” than POFQ. However, I would not sacrifice a day to stay there. If it was between POFQ and Kidani, I’d pay more to stay at POFQ. Kidani is our least favorite of all the resorts we’ve stayed in so far.

Would definitely be the longer stay at POFQ. I love the ambiance of the hotel, the whole setting by the 'bayou', and the boat ride to Disney Springs.

If it were a longer trip I would absolutely say AKL, because this is only a 4-5 night stay I would choose FQ for the extra day, and AKL is by far my favorite resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!