Animal Kingdom or French Quarter???

5 days FQ or 4 days AK?

• Animal Kingdom

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • FQ

Votes: 35 53.8%

• Total voters
Thanks for everybody suggestions. I ended up having a very lucky night and was able to do Priceline express deals. I”m staying 2 nights at Yacht Club and 3 nights at AKL for less then the 5 nights at FQ!
Holy cripe! What an awesome deal! CONGRATS! :) Have a great trip.

Between those 2, I personally prefer FQ. We stayed at AKL a few years ago and I honestly wasn't a fan. The only thing I liked was that we had a savannah view. The resort is surprisingly huge! I really did not like the food court, we never used the pool so maybe that would've swayed me. I didn't like the rooms and really hated the beds. We stayed at AKL before a cruise, then FQ after, and I was so much happier at FQ.

I absolutely love AKL!! If you really love DS or MK it is a pretty good distance, and the bus service is satisfactory (not great).

So if you wish to spend a lot of time in those places, you may have an issue with staying one less day.

Love both resorts, but would usually pick AKL, all things being equal. However, for such a short trip I would choose POFQ for the extra day. Visit AKL on your non park day if you wish, to dine and see the animals.

Enjoy whchever you choose!

If you will be at the park the same number of days either way I'd stay at AKL. Otherwise I'd stay an extra day at POFQ.

We've done both. IMO Pros of AKL is covered bus stop, it's a deluxe, nice pools, the animals and food. My cons of AKL- far from everything which isn't bad for a quick 1/2 day trip but for 5 days, to me, I'd be annoyed with that bus trip all the time, it's not my favorite theming, deluxe rooms that feel like a moderate, large resort.

FQ is nice, FQ and POR are for me the nicest of the mods. FQ Pros- fun theming, pretty grounds, smaller resort. Cons-sometimes they share bus with POR, and it's not a deluxe. Just got to figure out what's important to you, figure out which parks you'll be hitting and see what might work best.

I”m trying to decide between the Animal Kingdom resort or the French Quarter.

I can get 4 nights at the Animal Kingdom Lodge or Khlandi village or 5 nights at French Quarter for about $100 difference.

I”ve never stayed in a Deluxe (I have stayed at FQ before) and we are planning on 3 park days.

Is Animal Kingdom worth 1 day less at Disney?
I’ve stayed at both and though I like AKL, POFQ suits my needs better. In my experience, the buses are less crowded, I can get to Epcot faster (I spend a lot of time there), and it’s small enough that I never have to walk far. I do like having a balcony at AKL and the bathroom is prettier, but I can do without.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter