Animal Kingdom question??

David Johnson

Earning My Ears
At any point during the year, does Animal Kingdon ever stay open longer than 9-5PM. I noticed Jan and Feb that its hours are only 9-5. Is it open longer after the time change or not? Are the typical spring and summer hours also 9-5? Thanks!

Dave :smooth:

I'm pretty sure it was open until 6:00 when we were there last July.

These were the May 2000 hours:

Animal Kingdom - 8 am to 6 pm for the entire month.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These were the hours for June 2000:

Animal Kingdom - 8 am to 6 pm June 1 - 3. 8 am to 7 pm June 4 - 30.

I've never been there at night. I don't believe it is open after dark.

During Christmas it was open until 6 or 7, but the last safari left at 4:45.

AK is never open after dark, they don't want to disturb the animals natural habitat with artificial lighting. You have to respect that. ;)

Ok, I know this is a shot in the dark but is this the same David Johnson who used to work at Litchfield Cinemas in TN and moved to Orlando to go to college in the late 80's? If not, then please ignore me, I could not help but to ask.

I know that during the christmas holidays the park was open til 7 pm. This is highty rare and I'm sure that they didn't have the safari ride open til then.

Originally posted by Eljay
AK is never open after dark, they don't want to disturb the animals natural habitat with artificial lighting. You have to respect that. ;)

Come on, we know the real reason. It's to protect the guests, since animals see much better at night than humans do ;) ;)

The park isn't open after dark solely because of the lack of demand. AK was, in fact, open after dark early on but was scaled back as the public didn't respond in the numbers they had hoped for. When the numbers demand a 7 or 9 pm closing, you will see it.

Originally posted by Eyesnur
The park isn't open after dark solely because of the lack of demand. AK was, in fact, open after dark early on but was scaled back as the public didn't respond in the numbers they had hoped for. When the numbers demand a 7 or 9 pm closing, you will see it.

You're the only person I've ever heard say this. Do you work for Disney? We were at the grand opening + many visits after that and I've never been there at night.

Just wondering where your info comes from (?) :)

I have friends who were castmembers on the initial AK team (animal handlers) and I know several people who actually visited AK after dark...Nothing too "inside" I'm afraid...:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!