Animal Kingdom Villas Concierge

richardsa98

Mouseketeer
I am very excited about this new option:yay: However, aside from the one on one treatment from the staff, I am a little confused what to expect?! I know that we will have access to the lounge and drinks, but one of the great things concierge is the turndown service and the extra doses of towel animals and little treats left behind in your room by the service staff:cloud9: Since we do not get Mousekeeping, does that mean we are eliminated from the turndown service and extra room benefits Concierge gives us? What do you think we will get aside from the sunrise safari option, the concierge lounge, and the staff attention at check in? Is it going to be worth the extra points?;)

They have not really defined the service yet except that some AKL rooms will also have access (meaning those will likely have same service as before). Doubtful you will get maid/turndown service. Official documents on AKV as to the service do not say much but definitely do not say that you will get daily maid service and the documents otherwise declare the usual DVC 4th day service as applicable to all rooms.

But don't feel badly about the towel animals. We've had quite a few concierge level stays (often three or 4 nights before a Sunday BCV checkin saving those weekend points;) ) and have very rarely received towel animals. Absolutely no more often than in a regular room.

One club level perk that some enjoy is that concierge staff will make recreation and dining reservations for you including the safaris. I usually prefer to make my own dining reservations but it is handy to be able to email and request the safari, etc.. Contrary to some reports, it has been my experience that they have no better access to full restaurants than WDW dining with the exception of those in the hotel in which you are staying. Even then, the lobby concierge has the same access in my experience. But if you email them before the 180 plus mark, they will try to get CRT, etc. for you.

At AKL, the lounge has a stunning view of the lobby. That lounge and the sunrise safari are both great reasons to stay club level at AKL.

Contrary to some reports, it has been my experience that they have no better access to full restaurants than WDW dining with the exception of those in the hotel in which you are staying. Even then, the lobby concierge has the same access in my experience. But if you email them before the 180 plus mark, they will try to get CRT, etc. for you.

BCV23, you have done a lot more Concierge stays then us (only 1), and I agree that they are working with the same reservation system as everyone else. However, when Disney changed EMH days around for our trip, the concierge IPO was able to change our CRT reservation (back when it was less money, more difficult to get but more enjoyable). They were not able to instantly get the new time but at a certain time, I think it was around 3 week out, they opened up more tables. The concierge either knew when this would happen, giving them the advantage, or they allowed concierge to have first crack at those new tables. Either way, after waiting a couple months, we got our CRT breakfast for our little Cindy fan.

I agree the AKL concierge lobby is spectacular! And the appetizers were very tasty!

I am very excited about this new option:yay: However, aside from the one on one treatment from the staff, I am a little confused what to expect?! I know that we will have access to the lounge and drinks, but one of the great things concierge is the turndown service and the extra doses of towel animals and little treats left behind in your room by the service staff:cloud9: Since we do not get Mousekeeping, does that mean we are eliminated from the turndown service and extra room benefits Concierge gives us? What do you think we will get aside from the sunrise safari option, the concierge lounge, and the staff attention at check in? Is it going to be worth the extra points?;)

I think you have a better chance of winning the top prize in a multi-state lotto than actually getting one of the concierge rooms for even one night of your stay. That being said, I would expect recipients of the AKV concierge to get the same service as cash concierge guests, it's not like they are going to have that many more and there is an established definition/expectation of concierge service that they did not offer an exception to for AKV's. JMHO

Alice

Lisa, I suspect but don't know that it was a case of more slots opening and concierge watching for it. But kudos to the AKL concierge for snagging it for you.

For a number of years I've noticed that later dinner reservations in the MK and MGM restaurants do not open up until close to day of dining. I think it happens when the park schedules are pretty much set in stone. Perhaps when the park schedules are sent to the printer or something like that. It would make sense that the same thing would happen for EMH breakfast times since EMH does vary.

Anyway, this seemed to happen 2 to 3 weeks ahead of time back when I was paying more attention to it.

I think you have a better chance of winning the top prize in a multi-state lotto than actually getting one of the concierge rooms for even one night of your stay.
Aliceay.

I think that was kind of crushing!!!! People can dream and be excited for what could happen with a lot of pixie dust on their side! :wizard: Plus, if one can't get it right away, it just builds the excitement even more until they get it! A positive outlook can make good things happen to good people:goodvibes

I think that was kind of crushing!!!! People can dream and be excited for what could happen with a lot of pixie dust on their side! :wizard: Plus, if one can't get it right away, it just builds the excitement even more until they get it! A positive outlook can make good things happen to good people:goodvibes

In case you haven't been following the other discussions, there will only be 5 units (all 2 bedroom lockoffs making a max of 10 rooms) with concierge access. That's about 1.2% of the rooms at AKV.

With the nightly points only being moderately higher than other classes, most are proceeding under the assumption that AKV owners will be booking concierge rooms day-by-day exactly 11 months out. Right now, most of us fear that it will be impossible to even string together 5-7 nights in a concierge room due to the limited supply and very high demand.

I don't think the comment was made out of cruelty--just the harsh reality that at 7 months the concierge rooms are likely to be long booked solid with many AKV owners booked elsewhere and sitting on the waitlist.

In case you haven't been following the other discussions, there will only be 5 units (all 2 bedroom lockoffs making a max of 10 rooms) with concierge access. That's about 1.2% of the rooms at AKV.

With the nightly points only being moderately higher than other classes, most are proceeding under the assumption that AKV owners will be booking concierge rooms day-by-day exactly 11 months out. Right now, most of us fear that it will be impossible to even string together 5-7 nights in a concierge room due to the limited supply and very high demand.

I don't think the comment was made out of cruelty--just the harsh reality that at 7 months the concierge rooms are likely to be long booked solid with many AKV owners booked elsewhere and sitting on the waitlist.

I think harsh reality is overrated! ;) I have been following all of the discussions on this and other boards since the inception of the AKLV idea! :surfweb: In fact, we seriously considered buying there first, but instead we went with the lower maintenance fees!
My signature says Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge next to Disney Wonder and whether I have to pay OOP or with Points, I am going to happily wait in line for my turn. Just the idea of it makes me excited! We had never been able to really afford it in the past, but can now! We are only planning on doing the Concierge floor for 2 nights anyway after the cruise! Hopefully, that will make things easier...where we stay before the cruise? Who knows! Too soon to tell! As long as I am in Disney, nothing else matters:banana:

Thank you, I did not mean it to sound harsh but I almost bought AKV when I saw the concierge option. I just would hate to see someone purchase thinking they can stay concierge on points when obviously not many will get that option even at the 12 window. I am an eternal optimist so as long as you know it's a long shot then keep those positive thoughts flowing :wizard:

Alice

Does anyone know when the AKV concierge rooms will open?? Is it the Fall 2007 or not until May 2008??

Just wondering which phase they fall into :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter