Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House Closed for Initial Walt Disney World Resort Reopening

So are they down grading everyone who booked CL with points? and refund their points?

So are they down grading everyone who booked CL with points? and refund their points?

What I have read that people were moved to rooms costing more...studio to a 1 bedroom with no added charge,

Of course, this is all based on only a few posts...but That seems to be the policy...

OK I guess, but I rather have those tasty appetizers than a bigger villas. :) Oh when will we back to normal again!?!?!?!!!!

Have you asked or found out specifically about this in terms of CL not being offered and whether that can be considered a reason to take those types of rooms out of service like they can for maintenance or when they took the values out because of construction to the lodge?

Everything I have read or seen, people are being moved, vs. just being giving points back, but it’s only been about 5 or 6 reports.

From what I looked up the POS statement I found that if the hotel side removed themselves from the Concierge agreement then DVC had the option to end concierge services as long as lounge itself was still available to the DVC concierge rooms. That may leave the only option being to remove those rooms from service. Another part of the POS is that members must have access to all room types which makes it a little questionable that they can select to remove a room type in total like concierge but with so few rooms I doubt enough if any members would really question it during this time. I do think it would be a valid question if they actually should be charging members for that room type when they are not offering it now. I would personally consider it appropriate to refund the difference between concierge and savannah view and do an upgrade for not providing access to that room type. I never found anything that declared those exact rooms as concierge rooms so just closing off the 6th floor may not really mean anything regarding that issue. Charging the points would be the key for getting lounge access as I interpret it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter