Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House Closed for Initial Walt Disney World Resort Reopening

The DVC villas opened. Only the Jambo pool is open, no restaurants or Merch.

Have you heard reports about CL? I almost snagged a few nights for our October trip and then didn’t because I don’t know if it’s going to be available and I’d only stay there for it.

I have a split stay at Jambo House n Sept and part of it is at the Club Level. I am really praying that it opens up again soon!

Have we found out what hours the Jambo pool is open? I hope longer than what was reported for Kidani...
Also, do we know whether the Jambo pool bar is open? If not, I wonder if we can bring our own beverages?
ETA: and do all the savannas have animals like before the resort closed?
Thank you all for posting information, it is so helpful!

Have we found out what hours the Jambo pool is open? I hope longer than what was reported for Kidani...
Also, do we know whether the Jambo pool bar is open? If not, I wonder if we can bring our own beverages?

FYI - You've always been able to bring your own beverages to the pool. They just can't be in glass containers.

The animals are on all the savannas. Can't really change up their routines without upsetting them.

Have you heard reports about CL? I almost snagged a few nights for our October trip and then didn’t because I don’t know if it’s going to be available and I’d only stay there for it.
I’m dying to know this too. I thought that there were people checking into CL this week and am hoping that they post their experiences. I’m running out of time to modify our week in August, but for less selfish reasons, I am very curious to see what they’ve come up with as an alternative since they felt that allowing continuous booking of the CL rooms would be a good idea.

Why can't you bring your own beverages? as long as there is no glass there should be no problem. My husband brings budlight aluminum bottles sometimes and Coke zero with bourbon either in his Yeti or just added to the coke bottle

The only thing open at Jambo is the pool. Club level, pool bar, and mara are all closed.

They have a club level concierge with a tablet that stands in the drive / lobby. I asked if they had any idea when club might be available and they told me they had no idea.

Jambo pool is open from 11am-9pm.

The only thing open at Jambo is the pool. Club level, pool bar, and mara are all closed.

They have a club level concierge with a tablet that stands in the drive / lobby. I asked if they had any idea when club might be available and they told me they had no idea.

Jambo pool is open from 11am-9pm.

Thanks for sharing..thats what I wanted to know!

Is the jambo pool bar open? What about poolside games etc? Going to kidani for food seems inconvenient?

I just canceled my Oct CL yesterday and moved to BW in December. My banking deadline is July 31 and I knew I wouldn’t be happy is they moved me, so I canceled, banked and booked something else. I have a cash reservation in place for October, so I am still planning a trip. This way I have up until Sept. to truly decide if I want to venture back (or if our state will let us). I do have CL booked again in March and was even able to add a night to that after all was said and done. Not what I “wanted” to do, but relieved now that it is done.

We stayed at Jambo in a 1 bedroom value Friday the 10th and checked out today. There were plusses and minuses. The biggest negative is the food situation. It stormed quite a bit so the pool bar at Kidani closed often, leaving no option for quick service. To get 'take out' from Sanaa at dinner was going to be an hour wait just to get into the lounge...then you'd have to wait after ordering food. You could tell they were overwhelmed by a rush of people coming in from the pool. We ended up getting a frozen tombstone pizza and walking back to Jambo because we needed to get our 1 year old to bed. Having stayed at BWV the 6th-10th we realized how inconvenient the food situation was at Kidani/Jambo. I really think they need to open the Mara, even if they just serve pb&j...It would be something! Everyone in Jambo was fabulous. Bell services is available, but they only have one person doing luggage at a time. They will let you take a cart. Very few people in Jambo's pool. Kidani was pretty busy. Animals in the savannah were fun to watch. On the 10th the giraffes were staring at everyone because they were not used to seeing people. It was entertaining because I had never seen them act that way. Today they seemed to be back to ignoring everyone!

We stayed at Jambo in a 1 bedroom value Friday the 10th and checked out today. There were plusses and minuses. The biggest negative is the food situation. It stormed quite a bit so the pool bar at Kidani closed often, leaving no option for quick service. To get 'take out' from Sanaa at dinner was going to be an hour wait just to get into the lounge...then you'd have to wait after ordering food. You could tell they were overwhelmed by a rush of people coming in from the pool. We ended up getting a frozen tombstone pizza and walking back to Jambo because we needed to get our 1 year old to bed. Having stayed at BWV the 6th-10th we realized how inconvenient the food situation was at Kidani/Jambo. I really think they need to open the Mara, even if they just serve pb&j...It would be something! Everyone in Jambo was fabulous. Bell services is available, but they only have one person doing luggage at a time. They will let you take a cart. Very few people in Jambo's pool. Kidani was pretty busy. Animals in the savannah were fun to watch. On the 10th the giraffes were staring at everyone because they were not used to seeing people. It was entertaining because I had never seen them act that way. Today they seemed to be back to ignoring everyone!
Thanks for this info, my DD17 and I will be checking in on the 25th. We are staying in a studio, so not a lot of options there for cooking. I think we will take some snacks in our luggage for evenings. I do hope they open Mara by then, but at least now we know the situation.

Are buses operating from Jambo House to the parks/Disney Springs or do you have to walk up to Kidani side and take the buses from there?

Has anyone with a dvc club level reservation know if the lounge is open or they are giving you food of any sort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!