Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House Closed for Initial Walt Disney World Resort Reopening

That was not our experience at all. There was a limited menu (and they would let you order most Sanaa items) from the lounge inside Sanaa. I walked up to the bar and ordered a drink and a couple of appetizers to go. I had my drink while I waited, then took the apps back to the room. I'm sure they are constantly tweaking things to try to make the best of it.
This would have been fabulous. When we were there you weren't allowed to walk into the lounge because it was full due to distancing...even if you just wanted a drink. You had to wait for a text and be taken to a spot in the lounge to order.

The Kidani gift shop had curried tuna croissants, an atypical salad (I don’t remember exactly what it was but I thought it went well with the African theme), lunchables, and fruit cups. They had bread, packaged deli meats, Uncrustables, frozen pizza, and the typical DVC store shelf items. Not the usual pre-packaged sandwiches, tho..

I just spoke with DVC since they have just cancelled the DVC events for the rest of the year and this affects my upcoming Sept reservation.

I asked for my banked points to be extended and was told by a supervisor that AKL Club may be open for my dates in Sept therefore at this time they could not extend my points.

So it sounds like AKL Club may be opening back up soon.

I just spoke with DVC since they have just cancelled the DVC events for the rest of the year and this affects my upcoming Sept reservation.

I asked for my banked points to be extended and was told by a supervisor that AKL Club may be open for my dates in Sept therefore at this time they could not extend my points.

So it sounds like AKL Club may be opening back up soon.
Very interesting! I’m scheduled for Jambo in November with our DVC and I’m hoping more will be open at Jambo by then. Maybe this is a sign things will open up more there.

I’m scheduled for DVC Jambo in September. I’m curious too if more will open. Would LOVE for Mara to open!
I would love to see more open up come September but when they announced the reduced park hours yesterday, they took the air out of my balloon. If anything, I’m expecting them to keep unopened resorts closed even longer and it’s possible that Jambo could close again with everyone moved to Kidani.

I would love to see more open up come September but when they announced the reduced park hours yesterday, they took the air out of my balloon. If anything, I’m expecting them to keep unopened resorts closed even longer and it’s possible that Jambo could close again with everyone moved to Kidani.

I still don't believe they can legally keep AKV Jambo closed which is likely the reason it's open now. The wording of our contracts has statements about having access to all room types.

I’m scheduled for DVC Jambo in September. I’m curious too if more will open. Would LOVE for Mara to open!

I just don’t see that happening. With only the DVC rooms open, and those are not full, I don’t think there’s enough of a customer base to open Mara. As a sign of the resort being mostly closed, none of the regular rooms have any furniture on their balconies currently. Some of the DVC rooms on the fifth floor don’t have any balcony furniture either.

Someone posted on Facebook that they were required to go from Jambo to Kidani for Lyft pickups. (They took the internal bus.) Can anyone confirm whether this is really the policy? That Lyft and Uber can't currently pick up at Jambo House?

Is Jambo House open now? Are they serving food at the concierge level? I am planning our trip next year, Should I even bother to try getting the concierge villa?

I still don't believe they can legally keep AKV Jambo closed which is likely the reason it's open now. The wording of our contracts has statements about having access to all room types.

Have you asked or found out specifically about this in terms of CL not being offered and whether that can be considered a reason to take those types of rooms out of service like they can for maintenance or when they took the values out because of construction to the lodge?

Everything I have read or seen, people are being moved, vs. just being giving points back, but it’s only been about 5 or 6 reports.

Is Jambo House open now? Are they serving food at the concierge level? I am planning our trip next year, Should I even bother to try getting the concierge villa?

Only thing at Jambo as of today are the DVC rooms, no CL being offered, and the pool. All else is closed. Disney has not announced the opening of the lodge so until the do, the shops, and restaurants won’t open.

Has anyone staying on points been UPGRADED and moved from Jambo to Kidani?

I am not hoping for an upgrade since we would probably get stuck out on the far end of Kidani, but we have a value studio booked for 3 nights, followed by a standard 1BR at Kidani for 3 nights. I'm just curious if there has been anyone moved from Jambo to Kidani and had their room upgraded in the process. I am not planning on it and we certainly don't need it (it's just 2 of us), but I don't want to be caught off guard if it happens.

Has anyone staying on points been UPGRADED and moved from Jambo to Kidani?

I am not hoping for an upgrade since we would probably get stuck out on the far end of Kidani, but we have a value studio booked for 3 nights, followed by a standard 1BR at Kidani for 3 nights. I'm just curious if there has been anyone moved from Jambo to Kidani and had their room upgraded in the process. I am not planning on it and we certainly don't need it (it's just 2 of us), but I don't want to be caught off guard if it happens.

Only reports I have read here and a few other places happened when Jambo rooms were not open or if someone had CL booked...since that is not being done.

Now that Jambo DVC are open, most people are getting what was booked.

I wonder do they have food out at CL since all the buffets are closed because of the pandemic.

From what I have read, no, CL is not being offered at all and from the few reports I have seen, people have been moved to another room, not on the CL floor...most were a move to Kidani.

Disney has eliminated all of CL for the time being and since they provide it to DVC, it doesn’t sound like any special arrangement has been made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter