Animal Kingdom's 20th - Party for the Planet

AngiTN

DIS Veteran
Haven't seen much talk about this here. It happens to also be DH and I's anniversary (4/22) so we always go to AK to celebrate our anniversary with theirs.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/events-tours/animal-kingdom/party-for-the-planet/

There's been 1 blog post about it
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...y-with-a-party-for-the-planet-april-22-may-5/

Granted, not much else is known yet I suppose
I know we want to see the new Up! show for sure.
Joe Rhode is supposed to be there and I hope to get a chance to see him (along with thousands of others I'm sure)
The Tiffins Talks look very intriguing.

I happen to notice this tour when I was looking around at the website last night. Is it new? I'm thinking I haven't seen anything about it before

A Path Less Traveled
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/events-tours/animal-kingdom/path-less-traveled/
I booked it for us for the 22nd. AP holders do get 15% off by the way. We both thought it looked really fun, even though we did Caring for Giants last year (we loved it and glad to do it again)

Anyway, back to the kick off on the 22nd. We plan to be at rope drop that day. They make it sound like they'll do something special. I hope at least.

Anyone else planning to go?
Looking forward to something particular?
Want to post here if you learn more info about any of the events?

Last edited:

Thanks for this heads up! My friend & I will be there that weekend for the Star Wars 10K so I'll see if I can get her to go Sunday morning before we drive home. I want to see baby Augustus so bad!!

Anyone else planning to go?
DH and I will be there.
We’ll probably be a bit late to the party since we’re running the Star Wars Half Marathon that morning and will go back to the hotel to clean up first. I’m really looking forward to the new Up show and getting some of the special merchandise.

I'll be there that day as well. Didn't realize it was AK 20th anniversary when the plans were made. Do you think the hours will be extended?

I booked the Path Less Traveled tour for the last day it's offered, May 5th. I was told it's an hour and a half backstage tour, then you get to choose which time you want for Caring for Giants and if there are two ROL shows you can pick which one you want for that as well. Hopefully someone will do one of the earlier tour dates and give us a report!

We will be around that weekend, but we have California Grill brunch that morning, so it is going to depend on whether I can move or not as to whether we make it all the way to AK after.

We will also be there that day - I planned it before I realized it was the 20th anniversary so hopefully it's not crazy busy! It would be great if they extended hours or added EMH that day!

I booked the Path Less Traveled tour for the last day it's offered, May 5th. I was told it's an hour and a half backstage tour, then you get to choose which time you want for Caring for Giants and if there are two ROL shows you can pick which one you want for that as well. Hopefully someone will do one of the earlier tour dates and give us a report!
If no one else reports back before then I'll update on after 4/22
We want to do the early RoL show so we can book it out of AK and grab Uber to DS for our Edison reservation.

I'll be there that day as well. Didn't realize it was AK 20th anniversary when the plans were made. Do you think the hours will be extended?
I hope so. I don't know how to find historical hours to know what they've done on past anniversary days.

We will also be there that day - I planned it before I realized it was the 20th anniversary so hopefully it's not crazy busy! It would be great if they extended hours or added EMH that day!
We were there last year, and the year before (we did the inaugural Star Wars race) and I didn't notice it being overly crowded. But they do have a few more things planned this year than in past years. Last year it was some magic shots and a card you could use to take photos

We will be there the 23rd. I would move it but we have reservations for 12 people at Tusker House and I don’t want to lose. I hope they still have fun stuff going on the next day!

If no one else reports back before then I'll update on after 4/22
We want to do the early RoL show so we can book it out of AK and grab Uber to DS for our Edison reservation.

Thank you! The not having an exact time for the Caring for Giants portion is stressing me out. I was told we can schedule it around ADRs and FP+, but I'm still worried I won't get a time that works well. I would imagine some time slots will be full already from people just booking that experience.

Thank you! The not having an exact time for the Caring for Giants portion is stressing me out. I was told we can schedule it around ADRs and FP+, but I'm still worried I won't get a time that works well. I would imagine some time slots will be full already from people just booking that experience.
It seems like they'd just let you go on and pick which one you want to sign up for and they put you in it now. At least I'm not sure they've had a whole lot of them sold out, so that's a good thing.

FP is the one thing that is stressing me out. We had our FoP FP set before this all came out so now I'm not sure what to do. I'm hoping we can move it to before check in. If not, we'll work around it best we can.

Would they start any festivities prior to the actual anniversary date? We will be there on 4/20

Never know. Especially if they have any magic shots already loaded. Some of the expanded M&G are already underway too.
Seems like either Scrooge or Launhpad are already appearing
And that tour I linked is offered starting 4/1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter