Animal Kingdom's 20th - Party for the Planet

DH and I dined at Tiffins on Monday night. We mentioned to our waitress that we'd be back next month for the dinner with Joe. She was jealous, she's not working that night though she said she may try to trade night's off so she can be working. She also mentioned that Joe's been in several times to work with the chef on the menu for the night.

Ugh!!! Pulling my hair out. If only Disney would plan a little earlier. I would have scheduled my return flight a day later! You will have an awesome evening, that's for sure!

Good to see this thread! I am so excited about the AK celebrations as our two week trip coincides with a lot of it. Unfortunately for me the Joe Rhodes Tiffins Talk happens the day before we arrive. However, we have booked "A Path Less Travelled" for May 5th! It is going to be a long day for us as we intend to be there for EMH at 7am, and we very rarely do a full day at a park!

I am wondering if anyone can throw any light on the "A Path Less Travelled" tour please? I spoke to 3 CMs on the phone before booking this, and none of them knew anything apart from reading back to me the info that is online on the WDW site. As we love AK, love animals, and love to watch the vet at Rafiki's we booked it. However, I have just read the the Rafiki's backstage portion of the tour is currently being offered as a free tour. Caring for Giants is $30pp (we would have done this anyway), and ROL is available as a FP. So does anyone please know what else we are getting over and above for the extra $30 that it is costing? Is there something that isn't advertised on the website perhaps? Thank you.

I am wondering if anyone can throw any light on the "A Path Less Travelled" tour please? I spoke to 3 CMs on the phone before booking this, and none of them knew anything apart from reading back to me the info that is online on the WDW site. As we love AK, love animals, and love to watch the vet at Rafiki's we booked it. However, I have just read the the Rafiki's backstage portion of the tour is currently being offered as a free tour. Caring for Giants is $30pp (we would have done this anyway), and ROL is available as a FP. So does anyone please know what else we are getting over and above for the extra $30 that it is costing? Is there something that isn't advertised on the website perhaps? Thank you.

I went through the same thing and decided not to book. I couldn't find a CM either who knew anything about it or if there was anything else involved other than what you mentioned above. I've already done all of the things mentioned in the description separately. BTW, the Caring for Giants tour is awesome and, for the price, well worth it!

I went through the same thing and decided not to book. I couldn't find a CM either who knew anything about it or if there was anything else involved other than what you mentioned above. I've already done all of the things mentioned in the description separately. BTW, the Caring for Giants tour is awesome and, for the price, well worth it!
There is more mentioned online. It's never worth asking any CM about a new tour. They never know anything more than what's written on the website. They don't give them anything more than what they put online. Believe it or not.

You'll spend time with the Purple Martin's nest, including checking on one. The time at Rafiki's is more in depth than the free tour provides.
There's a snack somewhere, though not sure where. I'm hoping they take you to the Boma, since you'll be near when out with the Elephants. But I doubt that's where it will be.

Last edited:

I booked the 20th Anniversary tour at AK - is that the same as the Path less traveled? When I called, they said it was the Anniversary Tour....anyway we're going on April 20th - hopefully I'll get a chance to post about it - afterwards. The CM told me that it's like an all day thing, but they give you time in between, then tell you what time and where to meet up again - ending with the Rivers of Light. Sounded good! I only made a FP before the tour, since I didn't know the timing of the rest of the day.

I booked the 20th Anniversary tour at AK - is that the same as the Path less traveled? When I called, they said it was the Anniversary Tour....anyway we're going on April 20th - hopefully I'll get a chance to post about it - afterwards. The CM told me that it's like an all day thing, but they give you time in between, then tell you what time and where to meet up again - ending with the Rivers of Light. Sounded good! I only made a FP before the tour, since I didn't know the timing of the rest of the day.

I was told we meet at 10:30 for registration, then the Rafiki bit is from 11 till 1pm. We will be given a time of either 3, 3:30 or 4pm for the 1 hour Caring for Giants tour, and then meet again for ROL. When I asked what would happen about FPs and ADRs when we were not totally sure of timings I was told that they would "work with us" on the day to sort that out. So I have booked FPs anyway and see what happens!

Does anyone know more about the 20th Anniversary tour at AK ???
How much does it cost (6 adults) and is there still room on April 22 ???

We will be happy just to be there for the party, have our fast passes booked but looking for something a little special ... We are DVC and AP but not D23.

We will be happy just to be there for the party, have our fast passes booked but looking for something a little special ... We are DVC and AP but not D23.
It’s $59/Adult.

The first tour occurs on April 1st so there should be more info after that date.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/animal-kingdom/path-less-traveled/

Yes, it's the same tour.
They call it the 20th Anniversary tour because they created the Path Less Traveled tour FOR the 20th Anniversary.
I was told we meet at 10:30 for registration, then the Rafiki bit is from 11 till 1pm. We will be given a time of either 3, 3:30 or 4pm for the 1 hour Caring for Giants tour, and then meet again for ROL. When I asked what would happen about FPs and ADRs when we were not totally sure of timings I was told that they would "work with us" on the day to sort that out. So I have booked FPs anyway and see what happens!
I had a FoP FP for right at 11:00 and decided that was something that just wasn't going to work out so when they opened the evening FP this week I did move it to later in the evening, so it falls between the 2 RoL shows.

There is a discount on the tour for AP, 15% I think, I forgot now, it's been so long since I booked. You'll have to call to see if there is still room on the 22nd. I suspect there is since they haven't done a lot of advertising

I’ve been obsessively checking the Tiffins Talks hoping a spot would open for the night Joe Rohde is scheduled. I was in process of booking when they first opened and got the “someone ate the page” error and then it was sold out. Argh!! Anyway, I noticed they just added a noon seating that day (& to several other days as well). Of course the event description only references the 5:30. Has anyone heard anything about the lunches? Probably too much to hope for that Mr. Rohde would do it 2x in one day?

Last edited:
I’ve been obsessively checking the Tiffins Talks hoping a spot would open for the night Joe Rhode is scheduled. I was in process of booking when they first opened and got the “someone ate the page” error and then it was sold out. Argh!! Anyway, I noticed they just added a noon seating that day (& to several other days as well). Of course the event description only references the 5:30. Has anyone heard anything about the lunches? Probably too much to hope for that Mr. Rhode would do it 2x in one day?
That's a darn good question. It's the same price. I sure wouldn't want to pay that much and not have the main speaker at the meal.
From what I see, it's the only day with 2 seatings. Others have a noon instead of a 5:30.
I hesitate to suggest to call since I think it's doubtful that they'll know but I'd probably call and see what they say. I'm going to go with I bet he is there for both meals but that's just a guess right now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter