animal towel

Do you take the animal towels from WDW resorts?

• Yes

• Will never do that

• Never thought about it

• Hm.... I may now

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mousekeeping made a towel doll for my wife and left a note saying to take it home... That was on our honeymoon almost 4 years ago, we still have it and it looks the same as it did when it was made... If taken care of they could last forever...

When I went on my cruise I had towel animals. Check out my webpage for pictures (hint, hint). I never thought about taking them home. I just disassembled them and used them as intended.
I've never had any at any Disney stay. Maybe this time.

I never considered taking them...until now. I wasn't told either way, nor had I asked before. Honestly, if I had ever gotten them when my kids were little, and they wanted to take them, I might have been more inclined to try to pack them up. I only recently started seeing them in my room, though, and since the kids are all grown, I'm not tempted. They're cute, to be sure, but what on earth would I do with them at home???? I see them as a special touch to my room, and appreciate them as such while I'm there. I take pictures, and those are my souvenir.

I never considered taking them...until now. I wasn't told either way, nor had I asked before. Honestly, if I had ever gotten them when my kids were little, and they wanted to take them, I might have been more inclined to try to pack them up. I only recently started seeing them in my room, though, and since the kids are all grown, I'm not tempted. They're cute, to be sure, but what on earth would I do with them at home???? I see them as a special touch to my room, and appreciate them as such while I'm there. I take pictures, and those are my souvenir.

This is the first year that I have brought them home. We have a Mickey bathroom upstairs. We have the two shelved wall cabinet from Disney shopping that was on clearance last summer. I have the classic white Mickey accessories up there and now three towel animals also. If I didn't have something to do with them I probably wouldn't take them.

We got them last year and I would never have thought to take them home. We also went on two non disney cruises last year and had towel animals on the ships as well. Didn't take them from there either. Just ended up with them going across the rail behind our bed for display.

What I did like was that Royal Carribean sold Towel Animals (stuffed animals) in one of the shops on the ship. We bought one of these home with us. Would think it a good idea for Disney to follow suit (another way to cash in).

I have! But the last time I went (05) some of them went missing! But we took the rest back home!

I guess that it never occurred to me to take one home. It does make sense that this would be a good way for them to use towels that aren't in circulation anymore and give the guests a magical moment.Maybe they should put little notes out letting people know that it is ok to take them.I have been to some places where they put out a little sign saying that they have taken an inventory of the towels and linens and will charge for any that come up missing.These are usually small family run motels but I guess that it gave me a perception that taking any towels was a no-no.I probably wouldn't bring one home anyway because I can't think of anyplace I would put it.:)

I always take them. Last December while we were staying at CSR, the housekeepers had a table set up in the lobby next to the Christmas tree, with 3 women folding towel animals. They asked me if I wanted to learn how to make any of the many animals they had on the tables. I said I would love to, but had to get back to the room. They said I could have as many animals as I wanted to take home with me..I was a pig, and took 5...They are so cute.

I have received a bunch of them over the course of our stays, but we have only brought home two out of all of them. They are so stinking cute. One is a duckie and the other is a little bunny. Both about washcloth sized.

I heard that some people take them home and these did appear on a special day and it just seem right to take these two home. I don't know that I will ever feel the need to take any others home, but there is a special memory attached to those two for us. I smile everytime I see them in our Disney room. Maggie

the only time we took them was when we were staying in the presidential suite at the WL.
The mousekeeper there, made these very permanent towel creations (not just animals, also angels and things of that nature).

She kept telling us to take them, so finally i called up management to ask if it was ok, and they said by all means, please take them. They are for that purpose.

I wouldn't have bothered, but she was so insistent and i felt that i was insulting her by not taking them.

Once i was assured by management that it was ok, I took the angels and the animal toothbrush holders she'd made. I gave them to my mom, who still has them in her guest bathroom for decoration.

I have only had towel animals a couple of times and didn't bring them home, just left them for the next person to enjoy. I did take pictures however; boy, did I take pictures. The 2 cute little towels bunnies were on the vanity and I wanted a pic of them, so I got my camera and standing facing the mirror took a couple of shots. Not till I got home and was putting together a slide show, did I realize that I was standing in front of the mirror with a pair of capris and a bra on. :laughing: I just started laughing and I was very thankful that I caught them before showing anyone my pics. I must've been concentrating so hard on the animals, that I didn't even realize I was in the pic.

I didn't actually take it (one). I went to the front desk early the morning we checked out of the WL and I asked the CM if I could buy one of them from the room. He just looked at me like I was sort of nuts ;) and then told me "just take it, most people do and not ask." So I took one of the smaller ones...a duck.

We have only received one towel animal ever...it was a bunny made out of a washcloth. I asked several CMs (including one manager) and ALL of them said it was ok for them to take...the manager said that he's actually surprised when he hears of a towel animal being left behind.

We put ours in the side compartment of our carryon bag...wasn't destroyed at all...still in perfect shape when we got bag home. It sits on some shelves we have in our bathroom. :)

We have received a lot of towel animals during our stays and now I really wish I would have thought to ask about if we could keep them. My oldest ds has always loved going back to the room to see what was made and has asked if we could keep them. I just always assumed that it was stealing.... only if I had read the DIS before!

We've received a couple of them in the past, but just took pictures, we didn't take any. If we should get any during our upcoming trip, I'll ask. And see what the CMs say.

I took 1 out of the 4 we got over our trip last Feb at Pop Century. The one I took could obviously not be reused. They had hot glued eyes and ears on to it.

The maid came to our room just as we were waiting for a bellhop to come get our luggage. She wanted to tell me how much she loved the tip envelopes I had made and left her daily tips in...and she said, "Oh you didn't pack your animals! I made those for you!" I told her we didn't know we were supposed to take them...and she said, "Yes, you are, I made them as a gift for you." This was our 4th trip and we had never taken them before.

I assume they reuse the ones people leave, but we took ours! And we will on future trips too.

We asked mousekeeping and they said we could take them. We did not take all of them just a couple and DS has them on a shelf in his bathroom. Seriously though I work at a hospital and places like Disney get wash cloths for cents a piece-I think I paid for my 10 cent wash cloths several times on my trips to Disney-Just my opinion and if the cast members say take them than you cant call it stealing. :confused3

We never thought of taking them we thought they were pretty cool though and have taken pics but they are long gone by now :sad2:

Just wondering if we should change the poll on this thread to have a choice about just using them for drying their hands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter