Animation Academy Paper Size

707MickeyGirl

DIS Veteran
Hi all, just a quick question. Does anyone know the size of the drawing paper in the Animation Academy? We're bringing a little artist on this trip and I want to bring a cardboard tube to store her drawings so they don't get creased. If I can get one that fits in my backpack, I'll do that. Otherwise I'll have to get a locker. :confused3

We always brought an eraser for my son when he was younger because he loved to draw but would get so down on himself comparing to others. He would get so frustrated. Now, he loves AA! without the eraser!

Please explain this!!! I have a budding artist who might love to learn to draw!!!!
What do they draw?
Thanks!!!

Please explain this!!! I have a budding artist who might love to learn to draw!!!!
What do they draw?
Thanks!!!
At DCA in the Animation Academy, every 30 minutes all day long there is a class that teaches how to draw a simple sketch of a character. It's a different character each class. There is a board outside the entrance to the room that lists which character is being drawn at what time. In theory you could spend the entire day in there drawing different characters.

The drawings are done in a relatively simple style, so even if you are terrible (like I am) you can end up with a pretty decent drawing. But as mentioned earlier, the pace is pretty quick, so the youngest might struggle to keep up.

I'm a huge fan if the Animation Academy, and I always say it's the best souvenir you can get in the park... the drawing is personal and it's free!

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disney-california-adventure/animation-academy/

What do they draw?

It's a classroom-type setting, with a Disney animator as the instructor. She (or he) teaches the class to draw a Disney character (we did Minnie and Eyeore last week). You can search YouTube for "Animation Academy California Adventure" to watch it. Here's one example.

I had to drag my son in the first time then had no problem after; we took home 7 drawings! it is so much fun and it's relaxing. A place to sit in the cool (or warm) air and rest your footsies while creating one of a kind souvenirs!

It is so much fun!!!! I we lived in CA and had a season pass, I think I would go and spend a whole day there just drawing the different characters!

Be sure and take a photograph of your little artist's drawings, just in case something were to happen to them and they don't make it home.

What do they draw?
Thanks!!!
Note that the schedule of characters that are drawn change daily but in 90% of cases the first session of the day will be Mickey Mouse.

We did this for the first time on our last visit and I'm actually really sad we've never done it before. My older kids (7, 5) loved it, the 3 year old just scribbled but he was fine doing that too. They do a really good job.

We've been doing those classes for years and I've always just rolled up the sheets and put them in my backpack with no cardboard tube, and they have been fine.
TIP: we like to get the characters to sign our drawings of them (usually at Goofy's Kitchen). They often express adorable amusement at our efforts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter