Animation Academy

katyringo

DIS Veteran
this is something I really want to do on our adults only trip as my kids were too young to sit through it before.

Does the character being drawn change throughout the day?

Yes. There is a schedule out front with the schedule for the day.

this is something I really want to do on our adults only trip as my kids were too young to sit through it before.

Does the character being drawn change throughout the day?
There is a different character every hour. They post a schedule for the day in front. Mickey is always done first thing everyday.

My wife and I did it a couple of years ago and we loved it. We were mad because we have been going to Disneyland for years and had not done it before. It was awesome and I highly recommend it.

FYI I have ZERO artistic ability, like if there was a less than zero that would be me. I am able to make something that looks similar to what they draw! That alone makes it worth it to me. My kids love it, we go first thing in the morning and look at the schedule (I take a photo of the display board with the times and who they are drawing to refer to) and we go back and do our favorites. We love it so much.

Where is the schedule? Is it outside? Or outside the room? Somehow I’ve never seen it.
It's inside the lobby of the Animation Building, down on the end between the Animation Academy and where Anna and Elsa meet.

They used to have it outside on the street, but they changed that ages ago.

I'm heading over in about an hour and will grab a picture of today's if I remember.

The first time we did it, my DD8 ended in tears, saying that her Daisy Duck "looked like a monster." So we decided to go with something that seemed like it would be less likely to trend monster-ward (Zero), and she did a great job and really built up her confidence. Since then, she's done a great job with all of the others we've done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!