Annette's Diner - reviews

We ate here again in January 2010. This time using our free HB+ lunch vouchers (in the evening).
We were seated straight away. Service was quick, waiter was friendly, and as always meals were huge and following a disasterous lunch earlier in the day at Blue Lagoon were very much appreciated.
2 kids had the childrens menu with hot dogs
2 adults had the hotdogs and fries and soft drink.
After the value of the lunch vouchers were taken off, we were left with a bill of around 20 euros. No singing or dancing but for the first time I saw one of the waitresses on rollerskates. :)

We ate at Annettes on Monday (dinner) March 1st and Wednesday (lunch) March 3rd 2010. Dinner was covered by the free meal vouchers and lunch was our meal without vouchers.

Dinner:
The adults had a choice of coleslaw or broccoli and potatoe soup or hash brown sticks. Then we had to choose a burger from the classic menu and a brownie for dessert. I had the hash brown sticks which had a gorgeous tangy dip, then the burger wth pineapple (the name escapes me) which was so tasty and the brownie afterwards which again was fab. The boys (DP and BIL) had the soup which they both loved then fish and chips (price supplement) and they skipped dessert. We had 3 soft drinks.

The kids menu has a great choice. There was salmon, nuggets, sausage, burgers and a few more i think, al served with chips and followed by dessert (again a big selection)
DD had nuggets and chips (nugget meat seemed to be an odd colour but tasted fine) followed by ice cream, sauce and smarties which she loved. Dn had a burger and chips followed by the smartie ice cream. She loved the burger and both girls really liked the souvener frisbee and that their menus were cars that they made and kept.

The atmosphere was great, our server was a little slow but he had alot to deal with. My only gripe is that we couldnt really see the show from upstairs but thats not much of a complaint really! The kids watched it from the stairs and thought it was brilliant!

LUNCH

We ate our last meal here as we had enjoyed it so much the 1st time! We paid for this meal as our vouchers were used up and the bill came to €80ish.

We had 3 rockabilly burgers and chips (they were so so so tasty, that bbq sauce is the best and the onion ring was great) 2 soft drinks (DP and BIL) and i had a vanilla milkshake which was great!

DD had a burger, chips and the smartie ice cream and she prefered the burger to the nuggets.
DN had chips which were fine. Both had soft drinks.

I would recommend Annettes to anyone visiting DLP and id say its a must!

We ate in Annettes on the 15th March and loved it!

3509kkw.jpg

We arrived about 6.30pm and there was a queue of about 10 people, but it only took us about 5 minutes to be seen to and seated. We were seated upstairs, which was ok, but if you want to have a good view of the staff doing the dance routines then you need to be seated downstairs to get a good look.

mv3hts.jpg

We had free dining vouchers to use for the meal, so we used the kids ones for the set meals, Jaime had the set adult’s meal, but I ate from the normal menu.

142tych.jpg

The kids meals were served on Frisbees and they had their drinks in the souvenir cups.

294nsm1.jpg

Jack’s meal:

Grilled cheese sandwich and chips (followed by ice cream with smarties, which I forgot to take a pic of!)

xoqgbo.jpg

Dylan’s meal:

Chicken nuggets and chips (also followed by a pancake with chocolate sauce and cream, but again forgot to take a pic!)

i6ji0x.jpg

Nothing much to report on the kids meals, they were just the usual children’s fast food, nothing exceptional, but the kids enjoyed it all the same. The kids were more interested in their Frisbee and the dancing the staff were doing!

Jaime’s meal consisted of:

Starter / side course – Hash Brown sticks

194gi9.jpg

Main – Rock n Roll burger

2ivodn4.jpg

Dessert – Brownie dessert

10pa8gy.jpg

Jaime loved his meal here, the hash brown sticks were soooooo yummy!! Wish I had ordered some for myself! He said the burger was good too, tasted fresh and well made, though it was a little pink in the middle which was off putting, but we found throughout the holiday that they seem to like meat pink over there, so I guess this is normal? Again Jaime loved the dessert too, but found it too much to eat so the kids finished it off.

I just had the main course, as I had heard about Annettes greatest hits and was dying to try it! It was amazing! I have always wanted to try a proper chilli cheese hot dog and this hit the spot! The cheeseburger was just as good but like Jaime’s burger it was pink in the middle, so I didn’t eat it all. The other part of the meal was a spicy chicken burrito, which I couldn’t fault either, just as delicious as the rest of the meal!

ndms0w.jpg

We used 2 child and 2 adult dinner vouchers for the meal and had to pay an extra 1.50euros.

We were lucky enough to have all our meal served to us by a waiter on roller-skates which the kids really enjoyed, but I was waiting for a plate of food to land on me at some point!

The whole dinner was great from start to finish. The décor is brilliant, definitely the American diner feel, the staff were friendly and entertaining and the food was really good (apart from the pink bits!) We would definitely eat there again.

we ate here in march using our free vouchers. we arrived around seven and waited in a queue for around a half an hour to be seated.

we ordered off the half board standard menu. we had the annettes favorite menu which is now 17.50 and we got a side. it was a choice of soup or hash brown sticks.

we both had soup for starters with the euro chick burger with chips and a coke and the brownie for dessert.

ash had chicken nuggets and chips and an icecream with apple juice.

the portions were so big none of us finished our meals. we all really enjoyed our food and i would go back here again. the soup was lovely but we found it was just too much with the rest of the meal to follow. next time i think i will have a real burger though.

We actually wound up eating from Annettes during our most recent stay as on our last day we got tight on time before the train so it was the closest to the station!

We got takeaway here on our 2nd night. I was a bit worried about whether we'd get served or not due to a few comments on here in the past but someone came to serve us within a few minutes. Me and Chris has a basic burger meal each and Skye had a cheeseburger meal. (Cole was just happy munching on everyones!)

The basic burgers were nice enough but because it was just a plain burger (with annettes 'special' sauce) Chris was trying to get Skye to swap as she had cheese and tomato in hers! Her portion size of fries was almost identical to ours so we figured we probably should have just bought 3 kids meals!

The 2nd time we dined in which was on our last day just before we had to get our train to Lille. Cole had fallen fast asleep in the pushchair and they were very accomodating considering you usually have to leave buggies by the door. They seated us on a table near the front that we could just push the pushchair alongside. It did mean we missed out on being in a booth though that me and Chris loved on our last trip there!!

I had the American style breakfast (got there at 5 to 1! :-) Just in time to order!) which was yum! very nice, though it is american style crispy bacon which can seem a little dry when you're used to ours but hey it's an american style diner so I should have expected that! The pancakes were so moreish I could have just had a plate of those!

Chris had the Onion burger if I remember rightly and seemed happy enough with it. "Yeah it's nice" is all you ever really get out of him unless he's REALLY likes something.

Skye decided that even though she doesn't like chicken nuggets at home she wanted a chicken nuggets meal so she ate the fries and Cole ate most of the nuggets (he woke up just as the food came out, how convenient! lol)

I think the bill came to about e36 which to be honest I think is a little steep as we didn't order extra drinks either (I had a coffee with my breakfast though and Chris had my OJ) Skyes meal I'm sure was almost as much as her meal in the Rainforest cafe. It was nice enough, the food was nice, plenty of it and the breakfast is good value and I'd probably return again if we were in a hurry to eat but otherwise I'd rather go somewhere else. We did go to Annettes the 1st time we went to DLP in 2004 on an evening and granted I think theres a better atmosphere there then so I think maybe it was partially to do with timing and that we were going home so not in the greatest of moods anyway!

We ate here last week and the food was lovely as allways. I honestly think this is the most consistent eaterie in DLP - the food is allways good (infact we once were staying in Paris and got the metro in just to eat here!) This time we used our free meal vouchers with was a nice little bonus! I had a hot dog and DH had a Guacamole burger - both lovely. We arrived at 5:45 and were seated straight away - there were three waiters on rollerskates that we saw.

We eat here every visit - the food and theming is really good and we haven't ever had miserable waiters like in some other places in the village!

24688_10150163762445294_573380293_11726730_3588550_s.jpg

We ate here on Monday 16th May at around 6.00pm. We were able to get a table right away, though those arriving a few minutes after us were not so lucky.
I had the bacon chilli cheeseburger, Laura had the rock n roll burger, Ami had the onion burger and James had the Annette's mini incredible burger with a side order of onion rings. We waited around 15-20 minutes for our food. Laura had a problem with her burger came out plain, but never bothered to rectify this, so she had some of my chilli and some of Ami's onion to make it less plain. Had she spoken up I'm sure they would have sorted it right out.
My bacon chilli cheeseburger was possibly the best burger I have ever eaten and I'm definitely glad I picked this choice. James also enjoyed his burger.
Ami said there was too much onion in hers (there was loads) but enjoyed it none the less.

All in all, definiatly a great food place and I'd be happy to go there again. Though I don't think I'd ever pick from Annette's classic menu.

Not much to report about Annette's. We found the food ok, at best. The service, however, was always pleasant and friendly.

Personally we've had better.

My friend and I ate here Sat 14th Aug early evening. We queued for about 10 mins but whilst we were eating our mains we noticed the queue suddenly got huge!!

In the past we have been too stuffed to enjoy a dessert so we decided to see if we could share a main and a side order. This was no problem so we shared an Annettes Salad which was huge, beside the obvious salad leaves it had chicken strips, egg, avocado, olives and cheese. We also shared some fries and had a diet coke and a fanta to drink.

The service was great and the food was lovely. Of course sharing our main course meant we had room for dessert so we both had the Annettes Classic Sundae, I had chocolate sauce and my friend had Caramel. This ice cream sundae was one of the best I tasted all week on my holiday, it was really scrummy!!

my wife,son and i ate here sept 2010.
prompt service, was seated within 5 mins. waiter was fab. saw one goin about his duties on rollerskates which my son found hilarious.
food was good, nothing spectacular we found but certainly a lot better than other fast food places around.

had 2 cheesburgers with fries, 3 large drinks and a plate of fries for the boy. came to 40E exactly.

We ate here 21/09/10 @ 8.30pm, took ages to be seated. there were 5 couples infront of us, 2 of which walked out. I had euro chick, dh had rock n roll burger. Burgers were ok but we felv expensive and the fries tasted like mcdonalds. We shared onion rings but didnt eat them as were hard and burnt. Our server didnt have skates and we didnt see the dancing. We much prefered mcdonalds burger and fries

We ate there last friday and i have to say that's the only time i have been disappointed at Annette's.

We got there around 7 and got a table upstairs in about five minutes.

We got the menu and i found it had been changed for worse since the last time i was there two years ago. Anyone noticed it had really been changed and the choice of food was shorter than it used to be?

I can remeber us sharing garlic bread and tortillas but this time i just saw tortillas in a chili dish and could not find garlic bread at all.

Eventually we decided to have the 17.50 euros choice aka: a choice from the classic brugers ( i had an avocado burger and my mum a Be Bop Burger) with chips and a bownie delight as dessert with a drink.
Both burgers were lukewarm when the chips were boiling.
Dessert was good.

Waiters started singing and dancing but we could not see anything as we were sat next to the window :sad2:

Shame. I will try it again but am i the only one noticing they have lowered their food selection???

I didn't notice any changes to the menu when I visited late August. To be honest I always eat the E17,50 menu so it wouldn't bother me anyway!

I have noticed that the experience never seems as good when you're upstairs. I've been up there twice and the waiters didn't have skates and they didn't dance when the music came on.

we ate here for lunch on monday 4th october

me and my mam had the soup of the day which came with a roll, cheese and croutons. the soup was quite nice, i would eat it again. i didnt really want burgers and chips again lol. for dessert we shared a doughnut icecream. i liked this but the doughnut was a bit hard like it had been frozen but not defrosted enough. we ate most of it anyway

ashleigh had a kids meal with a hot dog and chips and ice cream for dessert and ate it all.

its pretty basic food but its nice and the price is decent. i will visit again

We visited Annettes on 17th November 2010

During our 4 night 5 day stay this was by far our favourite meal. We arrived at about 6.15pm and there were only 2 families in front of us so didn't have to wait very long for a table. We sat upstairs & the hostess that seated us was on skates. There were a few empty tables around the whole restaurant.

We ordered:

Onion Burger & Fries - 13.50
Frenchie Burger & Fries - 16.95
X2 Cherry Sprite - 4.20 each - I LOVE Cherry 7-Up so this was a lovely change to the usual Coke, Sprite or Fanta.
1 Kids Meal with Shepherd Pie followed by Ice cream - 11.40
A strawberry Sunday - 6.95
Ice cream with macadamia nuts - 8.95

We all really enjoyed the food and wished we'd have eaten here again instead of Cafe Mickey. The burgers were lovely & we ordered a kids meal for my 22 month old daughter because she hadn't really eaten properly all day. She loved the shepherds pie which was served on a plate inside a frisby. I noticed a lot of kids leaving their frisby's behind because I don't think they realised what that were.

Half way through the meal one of the waiters downstairs started shouting that it was party time and the music came on really loud. They sang & danced to Grease Lightning & then Think (Aretha Franklin). Our DD LOVED it and we got some hilarious video clips of her joining in & really getting into it.

we ate here on Tuesday 18th jan 2011. we have been to DLRP 7 times over the past 10 years and this was the 1st time we have eaten here. we arrived at 7pm and were seated within 10 mins.
It was very busy but everyone looked so relaxed and happy. The menu was amazing and we found it hard to choose.
i had be bop burger and hubby had philly cheese steak sandwich both with fries. loved it. quick service and cooked lovely all washed down with 2 cokes.
the bill came to just under 38 euros but worth every penny.( we paid £39 for a much smaller burger in Rainforest cafe in LONDON back in the summer !!).
will loved to eat here again x

We ate here on Tuesday 8th February at 5.30pm.

Picture138.jpg

Picture143.jpg

We were seated immediately by our waitress Sheherazade who insisted she got her picture taken with my DH

Picture140.jpg

She also took our picture...The only one we have of the 4 of us together

Picture142.jpg

We have never eaten here before but due to all the great reviews on here we decided to give it a go and were not disappointed.We also saw lots of waiters on rollerskates.

My ds1 Jacob had cottage pie which he said was very tasty and he ate every single bit of it

Picture147.jpg

and Chocolate mousse

Picture149.jpg

This was off the childs menu served with a drink and cost E11.40

My Ds 2 Mac ate off the adults menu.....that boy has a large appetite.He had an All American hotdog.It was a foot long and cost E11.25...best hotdog ever he said.

Picture145.jpg

He also had a very large Vanilla Coke E4.20

My Dh Rod had A Double Rockabilly Burger with bacon. cheese and B-B-Q sauce E16.95

Picture146.jpg

I had Annettes Greatest Hits ....Mini cheese chilli dog/ Mini Cheeseburger/ Mini NYC club E17.40. I needed some help to finish it all off.It was gorgeous

Picture148.jpg

For dessert J had his chocolate mousse and the three of us decided to share Elvis the King Banana Split.....wow wee what a desert

Picture150.jpg

We also had 2 large beers and a portion of coleslaw.The bill came to E93.85.We were all stuffed after this meal ,we throughly enjoyed it and couldn't understand why we hadn't eaten here before.The quality of food was excellent with great sized portions and a very reasonable cost. If you haven't eaten here before please try it out you will not be dissappointed.

We rated Annettes 5 out of 5 :thumbsup2

I love Annette's. Never saw the waiters dancing or skating, and I never had to wait too long for a table (thanks to our spanish eating times hahaha :lmao:)

We usually have burgers there but I had some sort of burritos that were delicious. And I remember trying the Elvis dessert (and almost finishing it).

This restaurant is a must for us :goodvibes

Hi

We ate here Friday 13th May at lunchtime, 2 adults and a 3 year old.

Always fancied eating here but this was our first time. We arrived about 12.30, it was pretty quiet and we were seated within minutes. My friend and I had burgers (mine was the mushroom one) and DS had kids burger (which would have fed me). All the food was really nice, couldn't really get a feel for the atmosphere as it was so quiet but the service was good.

It was about 40 Euros for the three of us that was with juice and beer. We were heading home that afternoon so were glad of the quick service.

Have to say I wouldn't hesitate to leave the parks next time and go there for lunch again.

We also had a takeaway from here on our first night, just the basic adult menu, 10 Euros each I think for a burger, fries and juice and 7 euros for the same kids menu. it was about a ten minute queue and the same wait for the food but the food was just as good as sitting in.

Wendy

We ate here on Monday 25 July 2011

We always enjoy our meal here and the surroundings. We ate at about 6pm and waited about 5 mins to be seated. We watched the Buffalo Bill Parade from the window whilst we waited. Our waitress was very nice, quick and helpful when ordering.

DH, DD and I had Rock 'n' Roll Burgers. DH and DD asked for theirs without sauce, and this was fine. DS1 had a Rockabilly Burger and DS2 had the kids burger from the kids menu. We all had coke to drink, in large glasses and Lewis had apple juice with his kids meal. Total bill, including shareholders discount, 73E.

2011_0729Disney110129.jpg

2011_0726Disney110030.jpg

2011_0726Disney110033.jpg

Some of the waiters had roller skates on. We didn't get the dancing this time, but we still enjoyed our meal and will go back. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!