Annie and Joe's "How Much Disney Can I Sneak In" At Home Wedding May 2017 - Update 7/25!

I've been lucky that except for a rare few, I've gotten along with almost everyone I've worked with.

I've had a few (thankfully... just a few) of those too.

But those few....man what a difference they can make.

No kidding!!

You mean it's not for you?:confused3
No, Beauty and the Beast and Tangled. Two of my favorite Disney movies.

I prefer my flowers in full bloom.
Okay... technically, as soon as you cut a flower, you've killed it... but still... pretty!

Well you know, he can't have at all. It just wouldn't be fair to the rest of the male race.

:laughing: We're all flawed... every one of us. We depend on you girls to help us over the bumps.

I love these. I kinda want to frame this for my living room.

:laughing:

I think I fixed it! You'll have to scroll back up and see if you can see them now.

Yes! I can see them now!

I don't know which one I like the best!
I think.... This one!
annie-joe-0007-jpg.184193

No! Wait!! This one!!

No! Hang on! This one!

Oh, man!! I can't decide!!!!!
They're all great, but I think those plus your FB one are my faves.

And thanks for the bike pic! :laughing:

Your engagement pictures are so cute! My favorites are the one where you guys are on the bench, and the one you have as your FB photo :lovestruc They're so sweet!

And here's the site I found with the cast iron pans: http://www.webstaurantstore.com/42851/mini-cast-iron-servingware.html The price isn't much different, but they offer a variety of sizes, so you could easily get a few of each size to have a little variety :)

I love the idea for your cake, too! We're doing fondant covered and basically leaving it up to our decorator. She's a friend of mine from work, so I trust her. I can't wait to see your final cake! The purple flowers will look so nice! Are you doing fresh flowers or sugar?

Oh, man!! I can't decide!!!!!

This was me trying to figure out which ones to post on FB and which to leave off. Or, well, pretty much any other decision I've had to make lol

And thanks for the bike pic! :laughing:

You're welcome! Almost everyone else I've shown them to just looks confused. I don't think they realize it's Joe's bike, I think they think we found a random motorcycle to use.

My favorites are the one where you guys are on the bench, and the one you have as your FB photo :lovestruc

The bench photos are definitely a very close second.

The price isn't much different, but they offer a variety of sizes, so you could easily get a few of each size to have a little variety :)

I'm very grateful you posted this! And HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!!!!!!
We actually saw a 6 inch skillet in a store and thought it was little small for what we were envisioning, so we may go up to an 8 or 9 inch.

Are you doing fresh flowers or sugar?

Fresh. Our baker friend, while amazing, is still firmly in the amateur realm of cake decorating, and I'm trying not to make it complicated, as she's also volunteered to be our unofficial coordinator the day of.

And your dress!

Thanks!! I'm sure you have some idea what I went through trying to decide what to wear. Nearly drove myself crazy.
The last one in black and white is just perfect. :love:

That's how I felt too :-)

This was me trying to figure out which ones to post on FB and which to leave off. Or, well, pretty much any other decision I've had to make lol

:laughing:

I don't think they realize it's Joe's bike, I think they think we found a random motorcycle to use.

"Hey look! A bike! Let's use it in our photos!"

Hells Angel comes storming out of nearby bar.... bad things happen.

Hells Angel comes storming out of nearby bar.... bad things happen.

So, when I first read this I somehow missed the Hells at the beginning so I read it as "Angel comes storming out" and immediately my brain had Angel=David Boreanaz so I was all "YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!"

Ahem.....I digress. :oops:

What were we talking about?

Bridesmaid #3

For the three of you that follow faithfully, you're probably thinking to yourself "I thought she only had 2 bridesmaids." For any newcomers....just roll with it haha.

True, when we originally decided, I had two co-maid of honors and Joe had two co-best men and everything was fine. But then I was texting one of my friends (the keeper from my soccer team, who got married in June) and I started thinking about the fact that we've been friends since 4th grade. And we actually keep in touch. Mainly by taunting each other with Dole Whip pictures, but still. She invited me to her bachelorette party and bridal shower, and she's fairly even-keeled...so I mentioned to Joe the possibility of adding a third bridesmaid, and if he had a third groomsmen he could add, because I'm picky and yes I need it to be even. I went back and forth a couple of times, but ultimately decided it was worth it. The phone call went something like this:

Me: Hey, you're planning on coming to my wedding right?

Kelsey: Yes?.....

Me: So.....what would you say to coming as a bridesmaid?

Kelsey: AAAAWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
*at which point we both got sniffly*

I don't have any pictures of us together (ok, I do, but they're from several years ago and I look awful so I'm exercising my right not to post it) so here's a picture of her on her wedding day.

13939505_3900629479721_9046609852172076648_n.jpg

Isn't she gorgeous???? I mean, seriously, if she weren't one of the nicest people I know, I could very easily hate her :rotfl2:

Joe, meanwhile, I think texted his friend Bobby something along the lines of "hey bro you wanna be in my wedding?" And he said yes. Joe met Bobby through the online gaming community, but Bobby only lives about an hour away so they've spent some weekends with each other. I'll admit, he's not my favorite person, but I don't dislike him. I don't have any photos here, so just imagine a half-Korean 20-something guy here, k?

So....now that we've increased the bridal party, most of everything else is coming together. We're on schedule with our payments to the reception, have a room block set up, have a wedding website. Working on finalizing flowers and a DJ, as well as picking our Save the Dates. We went back and forth on sending traditional paper ones or sending a nicely formatted e-mail, but figured we had enough family that probably don't check their e-mail enough so we're going the paper route. I know I want a postcard, and I've narrowed it down to about 5 choices I'll show Joe. The less choices he has, the better :thumbsup2

So that's all for now lovelies!!

Boys vs Girls, right? We do things so differently. :laughing: I definitely read your post title and was like, wha?? So fun to have another bridesmaid. And I totally get the even thing, because I felt exactly the same way. I love long-time elementary school friends :goodvibes

Also same: here are the options, I've already weeded out the terrible ones and the ones I hate. Most conversations with Zack:

Me: Here are some options.
Zack: Hmmmm.... debating...
*sometimes we like the same one right away, sometimes we talk about the pros and cons of each*
*one is chosen*
Zack: This is the one you wanted all along, isn't it? Why did you even ask me?
Me: Because I want your opinion! Or at least a pretend one!
:rotfl:

For the three of you that follow faithfully,

But I'm your favourite, right?

Mainly by taunting each other with Dole Whip pictures

:lmao: You guys are cruel!
(Note to self. Don't get on her bad side.... Don't be silly, Annie doesn't have a bad side. Nevermind.)

Kelsey: AAAAWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
*at which point we both got sniffly*

Awwww...

(ok, I do, but they're from several years ago and I look awful so I'm exercising my right not to post it)

Your thread, you do what you want. But I seriously doubt you could have a picture of you where you look anything but lovely.

so here's a picture of her on her wedding day.

Very pretty.

Isn't she gorgeous???? I mean, seriously, if she weren't one of the nicest people I know, I could very easily hate her :rotfl2:

:rotfl:

I don't have any photos here, so just imagine a half-Korean 20-something guy here, k?

What's the other half?

. We went back and forth on sending traditional paper ones or sending a nicely formatted e-mail, but figured we had enough family that probably don't check their e-mail enough so we're going the paper route.

Good. A formal occasion demands a formal invitation.

I know I want a postcard, and I've narrowed it down to about 5 choices I'll show Joe. The less choices he has, the better :thumbsup2

It doesn't matter. He'll be good with whatever you want it to be.

Trust me.

So I'm jumping in here after reading the whole thread. I want more updates! :P Congrats on getting married!
Question since I'm new: What does PJ stand for?

Another thing I really liked about him was that he was very down to earth. When asked how he chose Veritas as the name for his studio, he said he didn't want to be "Jason Martin Photography" because it seemed pretentious. And then he goes "There's actually a little bit of another reason too. There's this indie film, you may not have heard of it-"

And I rather geekishly and excitedly shout out "Boondock Saints!!!!"

I wasn't aware this is considered an indie film.

I'm also getting married in May and trying to sneak in Disney references everywhere. Now I kind of want to make one of these of my own. I look forward to more updates from you. :D

So I'm jumping in here after reading the whole thread. I want more updates! :P Congrats on getting married!
Question since I'm new: What does PJ stand for?

Welcome!! I keep meaning to make updates, but life has gotten out of control. I'm hoping sometime this week I can sit down and hammer one out.

PJ stands for Planning Journal.

I wasn't aware this is considered an indie film.

I'm also getting married in May and trying to sneak in Disney references everywhere. Now I kind of want to make one of these of my own. I look forward to more updates from you. :D

I don't know what makes an official "Indie" film, but everything I've seen classifies it as such :confused3

You are more than welcome to use anything you like!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!