Anniversary Ideas on Board

mrsp1030

DIS Veteran
My parents will celebrate their 49th wedding anniversary while we are on board our cruise next summer to Alaska. My plan was to get them a reservation at Palo but knowing them they will want to eat with all of us...any other ideas to surprise them with something special while on board.

Your parents will love the trip! A stateroom gift such as the robes? I think there's also a champagne and chocolate gift. Or a cake at a family dinner? DCL might have some ideas, too.

How about matching shirts to acknowledge the big day. And of course, let your servers know it is their anniversary. I am sure they will be happy to help celebrate with a song and dessert.

Ive seen some amazing stateroom doors for big anniversary numbers. Like pics of the couple from their wedding laminated on the door, etc. You can tell the family went all-out. It was sweet. When we did my boys’ graduation cruises (literally, we homeschooled so graduation was ON the cruises) I got some magnetic clips like these and attached a big garland over our stateroom door. It was really festive! You can also use the magnetic clips to decorate inside the room. The magnets hold to the walls, ceiling, etc. Just no balloons.

Another idea is to find a button-maker on Etsy to make special custom buttons they can wear.

I should get with it on decor ideas for my own stateroom door in September. Will be celebrating 25 yrs. Your parents are —> #goals.

Oh! And something I surprised hubby with several anniversaries back. Silly and small but it was sentimental and meant so much to him at the time. While we did do Palo which is when I surprised him, I think you could do it at the family table. I brought our little ceramic cherub that sat on top of our wedding cake, one of our leftover invitations, and a leftover cocktail napkin that had our custom printing on it. (Yeah, it was the cheesy 90s.) When we got to dinner I took these things from my little handbag and placed them on the table as a centerpiece. He was so surprised...and I made him all sentimental and teary. If your parents don’t have things like this, why not make them up and set a “wedding table” for them? Order a specialty cake and place a Mickey & Minnie topper on it. There’s a ton you can do!

Wr just came back from our 30th on the Mediterranean. this is what we did:

1. the romance for two package: robes, chocolates, and prosecco when you arrive on board.
2. Couple Ultimate indulgence on our anniversary at the spa
3. Prosecco on the last day delivered to our room
4. Palo on our anniversary at night, table overlooking the water at sunset.

My parents will celebrate their 49th wedding anniversary while we are on board our cruise next summer to Alaska. My plan was to get them a reservation at Palo but knowing them they will want to eat with all of us...any other ideas to surprise them with something special while on board.

Palo on the Wonder does have a private room with the big table. Depending on how many of you were going, you could all enjoy your dinner there together, and as it's in a separate area it would make it a little more special for their anniversary.

Palo on the Wonder does have a private room with the big table. Depending on how many of you were going, you could all enjoy your dinner there together, and as it's in a separate area it would make it a little more special for their anniversary.
This sounds like a great idea, as long as there are no children under the age of 18.

I don't know if you were planning Brunch or dinner at Palo, if you can try to do both!

I had baseball caps made for us for our 25th onboard the Magic .
Did them online wrote: Celebration 25 "MAGICAL" Years on the front and Est. 1987 on the back.
My daughter had shirts made for the 8 of us to wear on the day we embarked too.

Ive seen some amazing stateroom doors for big anniversary numbers. Like pics of the couple from their wedding laminated on the door, etc. You can tell the family went all-out. It was sweet. When we did my boys’ graduation cruises (literally, we homeschooled so graduation was ON the cruises) I got some magnetic clips like these and attached a big garland over our stateroom door. It was really festive! You can also use the magnetic clips to decorate inside the room. The magnets hold to the walls, ceiling, etc. Just no balloons.

Another idea is to find a button-maker on Etsy to make special custom buttons they can wear.

I should get with it on decor ideas for my own stateroom door in September. Will be celebrating 25 yrs. Your parents are —> #goals.

Oh! And something I surprised hubby with several anniversaries back. Silly and small but it was sentimental and meant so much to him at the time. While we did do Palo which is when I surprised him, I think you could do it at the family table. I brought our little ceramic cherub that sat on top of our wedding cake, one of our leftover invitations, and a leftover cocktail napkin that had our custom printing on it. (Yeah, it was the cheesy 90s.) When we got to dinner I took these things from my little handbag and placed them on the table as a centerpiece. He was so surprised...and I made him all sentimental and teary. If your parents don’t have things like this, why not make them up and set a “wedding table” for them? Order a specialty cake and place a Mickey & Minnie topper on it. There’s a ton you can do!

I love the idea of the topper! We actually do still have it as it was the same cake topper I used for my wedding cake! We also have a special serving knife that was my parents and subsequently every one of my mom's sisters married after her and all my cousins have used it to cut the cake!

If they don't want to miss a family dinner in the MDR, how about Palo Brunch?

Rainforest passes or couples massage?

And for a fun extra, it's easy to make some anniversary magnets to decorate their door.

You can get really great magnets from Etsy, they aren't terribly expensive.
I just got one for our Panama Canal cruise for $8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter