Anniversary invitations but want no gifts- wording?

mrsstats

<font color=blue>Sure sister's cat is as big as a
My DH and I will be married 50 years in November. We are hosting a luncheon for family and a few close friends. Will be held in a restaurant in our area. We do not need an gifts and don't want our family members to feel an obligation. (some really can't afford to spend the money) What wording can we use on the invitation to say that. I was thinking something along the lines to say no gifts, please come and share a special memory of time we spent together.

My DH and I will be married 50 years in November. We are hosting a luncheon for family and a few close friends. Will be held in a restaurant in our area. We do not need an gifts and don't want our family members to feel an obligation. (some really can't afford to spend the money) What wording can we use on the invitation to say that. I was thinking something along the lines to say no gifts, please come and share a special memory of time we spent together.
I'd actually keep it simpler - NO GIFTS PLEASE - as the final line on the invitation. Congratulations by the way and I hope you have a wonderful day. There's nothing more worthy of celebration than a long, successful marriage. :flower3:

Well wishes only....I have seen this a lot on Anniversary invites. That way people can still get you a card because you still will get them I’m sure.

Come celebrate with us on our special day. No gifts please but you may donate to ..... if you'd like.

Choose your favorite place to donate to (mine is the human society) so that organization can celebrate with you as well <3

DW and I put "Your presence is requested, not your presents. No gifts please" on the invitations to an open house reception two weeks after our very small wedding ceremony. Still, about 1/3 brought gifts anyway.

DW and I put "Your presence is requested, not your presents. No gifts please" on the invitations to an open house reception two weeks after our very small wedding ceremony. Still, about 1/3 brought gifts anyway.

We put no gifts, please on our invitation. It was an open house following our private ceremony. Some people still put cheque’s in their card. Some put gift cards to a movie theatre, which I thought was a neat idea.

Unfortunately no matter what wording you select, some will still bring a gift, and those that do heed your message will wonder if they should have too.

I would also communicate the no gift policy verbally with anyone who you speak with about the party.

Congratulations and enjoy the day.

I agree with others and want to Congratulate you for making it to the big leagues! 50 years, that's pretty boss and pretty rare nowadays.

Congratulations on 50 years!

Agree with what others have suggested, just keep in mind that some will gift anyways.

your presence is our present (is what my parents used) they still got a bunch of gift cards through.

Thank you for the suggestions and the congrats. I was 18 when I was married and my DH turned 20 the day after our wedding. And they said it would never last. Guess we fooled them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter