Anniversary Meal

Tys Nanny

Earning My Ears
We’ll be in Walt Disney World over our daughter and son-in-law‘s anniversary. My daughter is the travel planner and organizer. Because all of our trips have been with our grandsons, character meals are as “fine” as our dining gets.

I’d like to surprise them with a nice dinner to celebrate their anniversary on a non-park day. Any suggestions as to nice, possibly romantic, venues? My son-in-law likes steak, and my daughter likes to have seafood when they eat out without their sons since the older boy is allergic to fish and shellfish and she can’t have it when they're with her. How soon before must I make a reservation? We’re staying off site.

TIA

I would recommend Narcossee's at the Grand Floridian. You can get both steak and seafood---it is a nice ambiance too. Another recommendation for something that will be a little louder atmosphere-wise but great food would be the Boathouse. You can make reservations 180 days out from when you want the reservation.

I would look at the menus at Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian, California Grill at Contemporary and Capa at the Four Seasons.

Narcoosee's is lovely and has a fantastic view of the MK fireworks. The menu is a bit limited, IMHO, but if they are looking for steak and seafood (lobster in particular), it fits the bill.

California Grill is also lovely, but can be a little louder than Narcoosee's IMHO. Cali Grill has observation decks to see the MK, EP and DHS fireworks. You get whisked up to the restaurant in a private elevator which is kind of fun.

I would highly recommend making reservations for Narcoosee's or Cali Grill 180 days prior to dining.

Capa is at the Four Seasons on WDW property and is lovely with a great view of the fireworks as well. One other nice thing about Capa is you do not need to make reservations through WDW, so there is no need for a credit card hold. You can make reservations through opentable and can typically get them last minute.

I'm not sure if they have seafood, but we really like Yatchsman. This is our go to dining location with out the kids. Like your daughter and SIL, character dining is often as 'fine' as we get.

I will also recommend Narcoosees. I was there earlier this month with my mom, but I think it could also be a great choice for a "romantic" meal.
Our reservation was at 7:20, so we headed over to the GF about an hour early, got a drink and sat in the lobby to listen to the band play.
Our meal finished about 10 minutes before 9 pm, which gave us just the perfect amount of time to walk to the deck that surrounds Narcoosees and get a seat on the bench (I believe there is only one! But if it's full you can always stand) and watch the Happily Ever After Fireworks. They pipe in the music for it.
Lol, like I said, I was with my mom...but I think it also could have been a perfect romantic evening!

Another vote for narcoosees, we were just there I late May. Food and service were fantastic.

Our preference would be Jiko, California Grill, Monsieur Paul. Then everything else.
If money is no issue, Victoria and Alberts cannot be beat. It is amazing.
Il Mulino and BlueZoo are also amzing restaurants.

We really enjoy the Yachtsman - I'd just double check to see if there is also a good enough selection of seafood. I find the grounds to be beautiful and very romantic.

No recommendations, but just wanted to say that you are very sweet to book them a dinner for two for their anniversary during your trip. <3

You can’t beat California Grill timed for fireworks viewing in my opinion! My hubby and I celebrated our bdays and anniversary there! The service was fabulous and the food was absolutely the best we have had so far on property! I had the seafood ramen and hubby had tenderloin. The waiters will time courses around the fireworks. We had our entrees, watched the show on the balcony and then came back to our table for dessert. They even had the table decorated and chocolate bday and anniversary signs on our desserts. Perfect evening for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!