Annivsary Trip sep 2004

MrsPutnam

Pixie Dust and Lust
This is my first thread and have never done anyhting like this before. So I hope this is how it is done. Here goes nothing.

I need some help. I am planning a trip to WDW in September 2004 for our 4th annivsary. My parents are going with us and we are first staying in The Orleans French Quarter then to the Wilderness Lodge Villas. We will actually be t the Villas for our annivsary. I was lookng forsome great romanti and fun things to ddo while we are there. My husband has never been there and I am surprising him with this trip. I am giving it to him this year for our annivsary. We are going to be there for 7 days and we have never been able to take a real vacation. It has always just been quick weekend trips. I am so looking forward to this and I am looking for all the help I can get. I was also thinking of doing something with Presentations: Gifts of a lifetime but would like to know more about them so if anybody can give me firsthand accounts I would appreciate it.

One other thing 2 days after we come home is my fatheres birthday and was wondering if we can still get the celebration at WDW. The button and special treatment for him. It will be his 50th.

Thanks for all the help.

MrsPutnam,

First off, welcome to Disboard! This is a great place for information, and to get excited for your trip! You've got plenty of time to plan, so relax, learn, and mold your trip into a once in a lifetime occasion!

Regarding romantic things to do, there are many. I bet you'll get tons of responses to that alone. Personally, if I was to surprise my wife with a trip, the one "must do" thing would be dinner at the California Grill, atop the Contemporary. If posible, plan it on a Saturday, which will probably be the only day of the week in September you'll have fireworks in the MK. Make your PS for around 7:30 and tell them ahead of time you'd like to stay for the fireworks. They'll take care of you.

Also in the restaurant arena, I'd consider the San Angels in the Mexican Pavilion of Epcot. Romantically speaking, the atmosphere can't be beat, and the food is decent.

All that said, I can't imagine anything finer than just being in Epcot after dark for romance. Make sure to take in a fountain show when the lights are in full bloom. It's really quite spectacular.

Can't speak for Gifts of a Lifetime (almost tried it but the trip fell through), but I know there are folks here that can help you.

The best part of your trip: September is an incredible time at Disney. The crowds will be down to nothing. The weather will be warm (good if you like warm), and deal will be abundant. There ARE some negatives. You can get more rain than normal, and the park hours are shorter. But we find the rain, when it comes (maybe an hour in the afternoon) is welcomed, and the parks are so empty that we can do more in a short day in September than a long day in June. It's just a great time to go.

As for your father's 50th, I can't speak from first hand experience. But during a trip I was to be on now but had to cancel, I was going to celebrate a month-old anniversary. At each place I called and explained my situation (we were going to celebrate on Sunday June 8, a month past our May 8 Aniversary), they were going to give us the "royal treatment." Because that's just what Disney does.

Enjoy the trip. And enjoy the planning just as much. It's half the fun!

Pat

<b>Welcome to the Adult/Solo Board, MrsPutnam</b> Like Pat has already mentioned, you're sure to get some great advice here. I have another suggestion for a special romantic dinner in Epcot-the Bistro in France. It is in the second floor and quite elegant. The food is fabulous (the crepe suzette flamed tableside for dessert is wonderful). Request a window table and you can catch Illuminations from there. If you want to enjoy a truly memorable dining experience, Victoria & Albert in the GF is expensive but an evening to remember. I don't have personal experience with Gifts of a Lifetime but have heard very positive comments about their services.

Welcome to the DIS, <b>MrsPutnam</b>, and a special welcome to the Adults and Solo travelers board. I'm really glad that you found us and I hope you can visit often.

Dinner in Cinderella's Castle is rather romantic, I think. An Illuminations Cruise is very special, too.

I don't see why you can't go ahead and celebrate your father's birthday early. Get him a birthday button and let him celebrate in the magic.

What a great anniversary gift. I hope you have a <b>magical</b> trip!

DH supprised me with an impromptu renewal of vows at the MK thru Gifts of A Lifetime last April. They sent me on a scavanger hunt thru Fantasyland ending up at the wishing well near the castle. There we had a special "ceremony" complete with Pixie Dust. It was such a fun surprise.

Which Park should we spen our annivsary in? I was thinking about magic Kingdom but then I thought that Epcot might be a better choice. Can someone help e with your great knowlege. Thank you in advance for anything you can give me. We are also celebrating a birthday down there and wonderign what thebest place is for that. It will be a 26 birthday. Thank you for everything.

This question is for Pat..in your reply you mentioned about calling each place and letting them know that you were celebrating and they were going to give you the royal treatment. Who did you call? I will be there next may for our 25th and we actually where there for our honeymoon, we will be arriving at Disney exactaly 25 years later to the date, who can I call reqarding this? We are staying at Port Orleans, Riverside.
Thanks for your help and suggestions

Denise:smooth:

Originally posted by MrsPutnam
Which Park should we spen our annivsary in? I was thinking about magic Kingdom but then I thought that Epcot might be a better choice. Can someone help e with your great knowlege.

The last two times DH and I have gone to Disney, we have spent our anniversary in EPCOT. I mean come on and think about it...where else can you celebrate your anniversary in 12 different countries at one time?? MK is always the first park I do because that's the way I like to start off my vacation in Disney. I always plan my vacation a few days before our anniversary anyway, so it works out well getting to EPCOT when we do. Do EPCOT...it's a WONDERFUL way to celebrate your anniversary! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter